PDA

View Full Version : The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

swilow
21-12-2007, 21:18
What's a good dose of blue lotus petals? I finally obtained a sample of them to explore but I'd like an opinion from someone experienced as to a proper dosage.

Thanks!

Hmm, with herbs such as Nymphaea I tend to chuck in whatever amount feels nccesary; say, in this case one to two nice flowers worth per cup. It doesn't extract brilliantly into water unfortuntately, but is certainly a nice and relaxing beverage. Now lotus wine/vodka is nice. 15 grams or so left in either alchhohl for a week; one shot of vodka is all it takes for a decent loving buzz. I just enjoy lotus to be honest; I'm soon toreceive some Lotus granules, 10:1 extract so I'll be having a play with that....

mulberryman
21-12-2007, 21:31
8o eww...mine has never smelled like that...

Well I've never had lotus tea, but I'd guess its just one of those things in how everyone's noses are different, like how I just had some pumpkin spice coffee this morning that gf said smelled like ass, but it seemed ok to me.

thoughtsUnThought
21-12-2007, 22:52
mmmmm pumpkin spice coffee %)

BiG StroOnZ
24-12-2007, 06:56
Dwarf Scullcap

PsyGhost
09-02-2008, 22:52
Has anyone tried steeping wild dagga (leonitis leonurus) in an alcohol such as wine?

swilow
09-02-2008, 23:01
^No, and I don't think I would. I can imagine a very bad taste....if your looking for a way of centrating the effects of wild dagga then get an extract and smoke it. I've been using a 30:1 extract over the last few days, just sprinkling into the occaisional joint. Adds something, don't know what though. I have a little bit left, probably a gram; I plan on drinking a bit today and capsulising the dagga with a lotus extract and eating....will report back if its anything worthwhile.

mulberryman
09-02-2008, 23:31
Anyone know anything about cross-breeding hops with cannabis?

PsyGhost
10-02-2008, 20:23
Anyone know anything about cross-breeding hops with cannabis?

Breeding, not sure. Grafting has occured. Warmke and Davidson (1943) claimed humulus grafted on cannabis stock resulted in psychoactive hop leaves. Crombie (1975) found opposing data that showed no transfer of thc from low potent strains grafted on high potent strains or humulus grafted on cannabis. Crombie had chromatographic analysis.

mulberryman
11-02-2008, 04:50
Interesting, one would think they could be cross polinated, though, resulting in a new plant superior to both.

swilow
11-02-2008, 06:38
I have certainly heard that a hybrid of hops and cannabis can be 'made', but I wouldn't know how. Interesting thought.

I plan on drinking a bit today and capsulising the dagga with a lotus extract and eating....will report back if its anything worthwhile.

Did it, and the lotus yielded a nice effect ontop of beer mushroom and acid. Dagga I didn't take, I simply parachuted a gram of Lotus extract.

PsyGhost
12-02-2008, 01:14
I have certainly heard that a hybrid of hops and cannabis can be 'made', but I wouldn't know how. Interesting thought.

You would have to (well maybe not "have to" but it would be a lot easier) hand-pollinate the female hops with cannabis pollen. The stigma of the hops plant would have to accept the pollen though, which is not guaranteed. Pollen grains landing on a stigma will not necessarily germinate and grow into the ovaries due to mechanisms of incompatibility.

Anyways, I got some kanna powder the other day and tried it to some good effect. I ate some (eyeballed amount maybe 100mg) then about 20 minutes later snorted two lines (average sized lines i guess). Maybe 5 minutes after snorting I had some distinct feelings in my head, which felt lighter and spacey. Hard to explain the feeling, taking one hit of cannabis noticeably increased the effects.

I plan on experimenting with a larger oral dose since snorting plant matter SUCKS ASS (even if it is a fine powder).

adrian89987
25-06-2008, 08:42
Anybody here have much experience with calea?

If so how do you prefer ingestion?
If making a tea...any good techniques for covering up that terribly bitter taste?

Gaian Planes
25-06-2008, 08:45
let me know how the oral goes Psyghost as I have hesitated with the nasal route myself (I like my sinuses clear =D)

swilow
09-07-2008, 23:08
Anybody here have much experience with calea?

If so how do you prefer ingestion?
If making a tea...any good techniques for covering up that terribly bitter taste?

I would use/make a tincture personally. On the same subject matter, does ayone have any pharmacological info on c. zacatechichi, eg. what causes the intensity of dreaming....?

PsyGhost
10-07-2008, 00:46
let me know how the oral goes Psyghost as I have hesitated with the nasal route myself (I like my sinuses clear =D)

I didn't get any noticeable effects from only eating it.

Gaian Planes
10-07-2008, 06:06
what is your preferred method now besides snorting (i won't snort that shit damn!). I guess that leaves smoking or plugging. Did smoking give you good effects? How big your dosage?

I tried 40mg and didn't get much effects at all (but combined it with some strong marijuana so it was hard to tell if something subtle was going on)

swilow
10-07-2008, 07:19
^What are the effects meant to be, isn't mesembrine an SRI?

PsyGhost
10-07-2008, 14:12
what is your preferred method now besides snorting (i won't snort that shit damn!). I guess that leaves smoking or plugging. Did smoking give you good effects? How big your dosage?

I tried 40mg and didn't get much effects at all (but combined it with some strong marijuana so it was hard to tell if something subtle was going on)

I havnt tried it in a while, i still have some so maybe its time for an experiment. I never found a preferred method...The snorting worked but the effects weren't worth the sludge that proceeded to come from my nose :!

Maybe it can be dissolved in alcohol? I've never smoked it.

I might try and get a live plant specimen though. Traditionally the leaves are "fermented" and then chewed. My kanna was a fine powder, whether it was prepared properly before being powderized, I don't know.

Gaian Planes
10-07-2008, 17:29
yeah mine came as a fine powder too. I would like to get fresh and prepare it myself. The chewing sounds like the best way to take it. I wonder if you just try to hold some in your mouth sublingually?

i'll try smoking some again this time w/o marijuana.

Shadowmeister
10-07-2008, 21:13
I've got like 20 grams of kanna, minus a couple hundred milligrams. I find effects from it, but it's strange... I'm not sure I like it. However, I have only tried sublingual. Any recommendations in getting it to work?

Sunlingually, I hold it between my gums and cheek and apply saliva, and squeeze from time to time. I hold the "loaded" salvia in my mouth and swallow after a while. I really dislike the taste... it's not horrible but it becomes pretty sickening. Also the texture makes me feel like I'm chewing on shellfish guts or something. :\

Gaian Planes
10-07-2008, 21:23
^ salvia = saliva

how much is a dose for you xorkoth? Have you tried smoking it yet? I wonder if it could be vaporized for better results?

The smoke is kinda harsh cause the sample I have is so dried.

Shadowmeister
10-07-2008, 21:41
I have only tried snorting it, years ago, and I think the sample I used was bad quality. This time around I believe it's good quality... it came highly recommended from someone who knows what they're talking about regarding ethnobotanicals. I have tried 100-200mg sublingually. I have some here in my work desk, from a time I was feeling pretty depressed and wanted to have a boost around, but I don't think I'm going to use it because I feel fine and I don't want to mess with my brain right now.

Gaian Planes
10-07-2008, 21:50
i'm gonna smoke 50mg right now, i'll report back

egore
10-07-2008, 23:59
Stay away from S. nemorosa, it seems to present marked toxicity with regular use...

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 00:13
ok I smoked about 4 bowls of Kanna now over the last couple hours. I have to admit its nice =D

i'm kinda out of it euphoric...like i space out. Its like a VERY clear-headed cannabis euphoria.

I had to smoke A LOT of it though. Your potency may vary, but last time I tried it with one bowl (~4 good sized hits) I didn't get any effects.

The effects also are delayed a little bit. Actually the onset was a little dysphoric then it smoothed out I feel wired in a sedate way (make sense?).

It feels chemically also, hehe, not very natural (although it is).

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 00:14
does anybody know how a little alcohol would mix with kanna?

Shadowmeister
11-07-2008, 00:16
Hmm, about how much kanna is that (that you smoked)? I am going to try some methods of kanna ingestion soon, I think. I am thinking of trying oral, because I bet it will be the smoothest. I know it requires a lot more of a dose, but I have lots of it so I might as well. Anyone know a good oral dose or if it's even worth doing? Quickly now... I'm leaving in 15 minutes! =D

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 00:45
i took like 400mg-ish, smoked

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 00:46
i will try oral soon maybe like 1 gram starting dose xorky? I like this stuff, it has a nice feel to it, kinda ebbs and flows, very easy to incorporate into your daily life (especially if thats chillin listening to music, trolling BL, and eating food).

egore
11-07-2008, 00:58
Anyone given slender leaved ice plant (Mesembryanthemum nodiflorum) a try yet??

swilow
11-07-2008, 01:19
i will try oral soon maybe like 1 gram starting dose xorky? I like this stuff, it has a nice feel to it, kinda ebbs and flows, very easy to incorporate into your daily life (especially if thats chillin listening to music, trolling BL, and eating food).

What is causing the effects? My little query went unheard...is it serotonin reuptake inhibition or wat?

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 01:26
i've heard that tossed around tbh I don't think its known yet (unresearched).

PsyGhost
11-07-2008, 04:55
Here is an article on Sceletium.

http://www.thekannashop.com/kanna-psychoactive/psychocative.htm

PM if you want the actual article in pdf format.

Shadowmeister
11-07-2008, 17:39
I think I'm about to try a couple hundred milligrams sublingually. I'll report back.

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 17:54
i drank a glass of wine last night with the kanna no interaction it seemed. Although I wouldn't recommend going mixing lots of stuff with it, ya know for safety's sake?

I'm gonna eat a gram today probably although I might be doing some M1 with a friend later so probably shouldn't take those together even in the same day (think serotonin syndrome).

Shadowmeister
11-07-2008, 18:32
Yeah, probably not. Best to be safe, for sure.

Let me know how eating a gram goes. I would now but I don't have a scale with me. I've taken several large pinches between the gum and cheek and letting it rest there with plenty of saliva. So far it's very subtle but noticeable... a nice steady evenness. I've had some coffee as well. Nothing to write home about, at least not yet, but worth doing so far.

Gaian Planes
11-07-2008, 18:38
it builds over a while making me think that it gets converted into something else in the body. It took a good 1-2 hours after dosing to feel the best effects from it iirc (hard to say though cause I kept redosing).

IGNVS
11-07-2008, 19:25
if people think it might have ssri proporties definatly dont mix alot of alchohol with it until that is either confirmed or denied.

good morning samadhi! (er, afternoon hah)

swilow
12-07-2008, 03:02
^I'm only going from wiki there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesembrine tho this patent thing which is linked on the page, specifically about mesmbrine (which I am unaware if it is the major alkloid in kanna or not) is intriguing Is it not? (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,288,104.PN.&OS=PN/6,288,104&RS=PN/6,288,104)

Gaian Planes
12-07-2008, 03:47
well i took it with a glass of wine but the effects were decreasing. The effects with smoking last for 3 hours or so I would say give or take an hour.

IGNVS
12-07-2008, 07:23
hmm, interesting..

i like how they call it an invention LOL

swilow
12-07-2008, 08:05
^Clever...but of course you realise I invented psilocin and psilocybin? So pay up for all the free trips you've been having Earthlings! Actually, Gordon Wasson tred to patent magic mushrooms after he 'disocovered' the mushroom cult of Oaxaca. Gotta love how white people always "find", "invent", "discover" things that were discovered found and invented millions of years ago....yea, we rok. :)

I'm trying to decide whether to eat some amanitas tonight, I was meant to be going out and danicng with some LSD on head, but alas! I cant be fucked and have been planning to take these amanita's for a good while now....

egore
12-07-2008, 08:19
^Muscaria or Pantherina?

PsyGhost
12-07-2008, 14:25
^I'm only going from wiki there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesembrine tho this patent thing which is linked on the page, specifically about mesmbrine (which I am unaware if it is the major alkloid in kanna or not) is intriguing Is it not? (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,288,104.PN.&OS=PN/6,288,104&RS=PN/6,288,104)

mesembrine is most likely not the main psychoactive constituent of kanna

In other news...yesterday I found that my work sells Leonotis leonorus...picked up two nice specimens.

IGNVS
12-07-2008, 23:06
ive got one of those growing on the side of my house ~3 foot tall bush.

nothing to get excited about, im about to rip the thing out...

swilow
13-07-2008, 00:57
^^^^EGORE- muscaria.

simmthd3
21-08-2008, 06:19
has anyone here tried snuff made from crushed yopo seeds mixed with calcium hydroxide?

Delsyd
21-08-2008, 06:32
check out this thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=61866

simmthd3
21-08-2008, 07:02
thanks

egore
21-08-2008, 09:40
I will shit myself if "5-CaO-DMT" turns out to be a legitimate anything but a pro-drug (and more likely a prank pulled by someone with enough chemistry knowledge to lead us on...). I tried just about every method of preperation with both A. perigrina and A. columbrina; including the "calcium bufotenate TEK" and found no real discernable difference in effects

Someone please, show me something legitimate about the benefits of 5-CaO-DMT over 5-Ho-DMT, please...