• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lecithin

Status
Not open for further replies.

indelibleface

Bluelight Crew
Are there any noticable benefits for taking lecithin daily on the long term, or does such a regimen benefit from additional supplements? If so, which additional supplements would help? I had heard that lecithin boosts choline levels in the brain, but I might have gotten this effect confused with something else, or, I could be hopelessly and completely confused about all of this, which is a definite possibility! Someone please clarify for me. Thanks!

Lecithin will indeed increase choline levels in the brain, which leads to improved memory and attention.

This effect is particularly visible if you smoke pot. No more memory holes, or almost ;)

Choline levels are usually OK with most people, but any stress (mental, physical, gym, no sleep, drugs etc) will lower them.

As with most things (vitamins, Omega 3...), beeing "OK" doesn't mean you have an optimal level of these, far from it. Choline is brain food, and while few people really starve their brain from it, few people actually give their brain what it really needs to be efficient.

Also, as you age, you get less efficient with choline production and usage, and the difference will get even more obvious from there.

Lecithin also increases the production of sperm in males ;)

It is a good, basic supplement to take all life long.

It is the basis of most nootropic stacks. Without a sufficient dose of Choline, Piracetam, Aniracetam etc will only give you a headache, or you just won't feel anything from them.

Lecithin is a good source of choline, centrophenoxine is better, alpha-gpc is the best (this one is a soft nootropic by itself, really good stuff).

Have fun.

Oh, a sufficient amount of vitamin B5 (Panthonetic acid) is needed for good absorbtion of choline. Add in a B100 or something with it and it's even better.

Also, don't expect a sudden boost after you take some choline (although, with experience, it is definetely noticeable). It might take you a few weeks to realize that your memory and focus are better than before.

If you smoke pot, take 3-4 caps before bed and you'll still be pretty sharp the next day.

If you take too much of any choline source, you might get tension in the neck and shoulders. AcetylCholine is a neurostransmitter for muscle contraction also.

I don't smoke pot, however, I was investigating piracetam/aniracetam, and might give that a try alongside lecithin. Thanks for the help.

I love this shit. Been taking it for night on 2 years now every day. I'm naturally a bit mentally slow, and 4x1200mg of lecithin a day almost makes me sharp enough to feel normal. It works wonders for libido. It's also got a calming effect on me.

same. soy only designates the source. there are others, including several common animal sources.

Lecithin will indeed increase choline levels in the brain, which leads to improved memory and attention.

This effect is particularly visible if you smoke pot. No more memory holes, or almost ;)

Choline levels are usually OK with most people, but any stress (mental, physical, gym, no sleep, drugs etc) will lower them.

As with most things (vitamins, Omega 3...), beeing "OK" doesn't mean you have an optimal level of these, far from it. Choline is brain food, and while few people really starve their brain from it, few people actually give their brain what it really needs to be efficient.

Also, as you age, you get less efficient with choline production and usage, and the difference will get even more obvious from there.

Lecithin also increases the production of sperm in males ;)

It is a good, basic supplement to take all life long.

It is the basis of most nootropic stacks. Without a sufficient dose of Choline, Piracetam, Aniracetam etc will only give you a headache, or you just won't feel anything from them.

Lecithin is a good source of choline, centrophenoxine is better, alpha-gpc is the best (this one is a soft nootropic by itself, really good stuff).

Have fun.
He (or she) said it very well.

Its a safe supplement to take all life (just take a tablespoon of it once a day or something). Also good choline donators are fish oil and eggs.

I actually recommend if you're only going to take one supplement to take fish oil (even before a multivitamin).

IMO order of importance:
fish oil
creatine
multi
whey protein (if you're trying to synth new muscle or on a diet where protein is hard to find)

You can also combine piracetam with choline donators. Actually I would recommend if you are taking piracetam to take a choline donator regularly as well. Otherwise things tend to get steamy in your brain (no other way I have to describe that but its like a steamed up fog inside your head without enough OR too much choline while on piracetam).

Piracetam is a sensitizer, it activates whatever is going on endogenously (or lets more get from the bloodstream to the brain at the very least, a disinhibitor).

I don't smoke pot, however, I was investigating piracetam/aniracetam, and might give that a try alongside lecithin. Thanks for the help.

aniracetam releases serotonin so you might not want to take it every day (or you might want to more after hearing that!). I personally find aniracetam quite unpleasant/and or hard to dose properly (the margin for error is thin with this one in my brain).

Piracetam on the other hand is wonderful stuff and I hope to have a tub around the rest of my life to take on and off (I do NOT like taking it every day though I like frequent breaks from it).

Status
Not open for further replies.