Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs

EuPHoRiC_ThOuGhTz

Bluelighter
what cant these sniffer dogs smell thru!

latex? coffee?

im just wondering..not like im up to anything out of the unusual..but would want to know

thanks.!
:)

as someone who has been positively isentified by the sniffer dogs of being a person of interest , the handlers tell me they can identify most common drugs for up to 6 months of handling the substance. e.g if you had kept anything in your wallet or bag up to 6 months ago ,they can sniff it... but if you haven't got it on you bad luck for them and you i suppose

This subject has been covered several times in the past. Please use the search engine.

yer dogs dont like the smell of coffee i think jus get a fan blowing into a dog whistle n keep dat on ya
oh and different dogs can smell different drugs depending on how well they went in training

There's one thing I've been wondering for quite a while - is there such thing for smells as white noise is for sounds?

Probably not a linear equivalent in the sense that for a given time period, white noise contains all frequencies across the audible spectrum.

However, there are many situations where a complex mixture of odours exists. If you want to use such an analogy, think of the olfactory sense as a kind of tuned circuit, where sensitivity and selectivity determine whether a "signal" is received and processed or not.

In a radio receiver with poor sensitivity and selectivity ( S & S), this may equate to a distant radio station not being heard, or being lost amidst stronger signals from higher level stations, either because they are located closer, or simply because their transmission power is greater. However, a receiving circuit with good S & S may discern between the louder and fainter signals - perhaps employing some form of automatic gain control (agc) which attenuates the louder signals before processing. Thus the weaker, more distant transmission is easily heard among the louder and dominating signals, as these are more effectively filtered out.

Likewise, a human nose can be compared to a dog's nose by saying the former has poor Sensitivity ( less specific receptors in the nose), and the human brain is often unable to detect weaker signals (less selectivity). This can be thought of as being analogous to a "white noise" mixture of odours; the normal human olfactory sense lacks the ability to filter out the more dominating odours (agc of the radio circuit = neuro processing) .

Hope that doesn't sound too much of an abstract analogy?

Hm, it makes perfect sense actually. The nose (meaning as a gathering name for the receptors and the brain recognition functions) is using "amplitude" plus "frequency" to differentiate between different "signals".

Btw, phase_dancer, are you EE?

^Nah. I did an apprenticeship & attained a technicians cert in 'Radio and Associated Electronics' in NZ ('77-'81). I then worked in related fields till the late 90's when I decided to heed my true calling; to study chemistry and biomedical sciences.

Wonder if anyones tried to kick a sniffer dog in the jaw? Would it attack or would you just get arrested?

has anyone tried the " dog away " products, or that training device that stop dogs barking?? its like a garage door opener, it emitt's high freqz that freak the dogs out.. dont know how effective it would be..