• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How do you get your anger out?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Discuss this shit but try and keep it to telling how you do it, not bashing other people for the way they do shit.

It aint impossible to have a thread without arguing because its simple. If you disagree w/someone enough to be gettin mad @ what they have to say, then u shouldnt say it. if youre gonna be an asshole to somebody then dont say it or if you think somebodys stupid and wanna say that dont say it. startin to see a pattern?
overall unless you got something really relevant to say that hopefully aint gonna be a derogotory comment to somebody else, try and only concern yourself here

Im just puttin this cuz ive seen alot of posters in the past get ridiculed by cats cuz they say they get in fights or punch something or etc. and im sure some people are gonna say they do that to release anger. and that could start alot of shit talkin so lets chill on that. if yall dont think that would have happened then thats my bad, just bein cautious 2 keep the thread on topic

aight thats it

wait, what's the question? lol

i try not to push my anger and frustration onto other people but sometimes you just cant help it. it comes from somewhere and it's passed on somehow, the constant flow of energy i suppose. but i try to put on some angry music to get it to flow out, screaming lyrics to emotional songs... or just bury myself in my work and get it out that way. most of the time though i just internalize it and then end up spazzing somehow, which isnt so good.

chrissie said:
but i try to put on some angry music to get it to flow out, screaming lyrics to emotional songs... or just bury myself in my work and get it out that way. most of the time though i just internalize it and then end up spazzing somehow, which isnt so good.

That's pretty much how I am too. I'm not very good at expressing anger or hurt, but I'm really good about keeping it pent up :( and taking it out on myself.

In addition to the things Chrissie mentioned above, I have also found that going to the gym and doing an intense workout helps me clear my head a little, and it gets some anger out, because I push myself really hard... and sometimes, the more angry I am, the faster I will be pushed to run! :D

i lock myself in my car and listen to "send the pain below" by Chevelle really loud. Works most of the time.

I don't get angry to easily, so i'm never angry in long periods of time. But when i do get angry it comes all at once and i usually end up punching somthing. It sucks though, because it's never somthing soft...
Even right now my knuckles are bruised and cut. :/

Depends on whether I am angry-upset or angry-pissed off. If I'm upset I run, usually a long way and at a really fast pace, then I calm down and usually have to walk home because I am absolutely stuffed.
If I'm pissed off I do a boxing session. With bag mits if I am only moderately pissed but if I am really furious I go without my mits and just strap, or occassionally don't strap at all (not advised though... unless you want to develop really ugly knuckles). By the time my hands start to hurt I've usually expelled all my anger. It's great if you can put on some really loud pumping music while you do it as well.

I lift weights untill I can lift no more. Or I bottle it up.

Punch the walls. =P problem is when im angry somehow i go fuckin IncredibleHulk style. too many holes in my wall to count :\

I gotta find a better way but my anger is all physical. it always has been.

I remember one time when i was like 6 or 7 and i was tryina build a fort out of sheets outside. but the wind kept blowing em down.

it was the first time i experienced comeplete rage. cuz i realized i couldnt punch the wind. i felt like a caged rabid animal like whoa...im so pissed and cant take it out...what the fuck am i gonna do now.FUCK YOU WIND!!!!!!

i got 2 stages of rage. when im wilin out, straight up crazy im out for blood. i black out and just feel nothing but rage and thats how alot of my shit gets broken and shit.

but then when i get pushed beyond that its like....white-hot steel. thats what i see as lunatic-angry because im dead silent and straight burning up like nobodys business.
its deadly style, worsse than the blackout shit because its so intense that im almost calm about it, but if you fuck with me in that state...oh i pity you. it scares me tho that it can be that intense, that shit is hard to let out because the rage is easy. throw shit punch shit do something physical u know? get it out.

but i dont even know what to do honestly in that other state its almost like im not real. its so intense it feels like im going outside myself or some shit like i gotta jump outta my skin because its too much even for me.

when im just pissed i smoke a cigarette and try and chill and get analytical about whatevers pissin me off. see what the problem is so i can fix it.

I was looking for a post involving DigitalDuality and small animals. Sorry, wrong thread. ;)

I walk away. So yeah, it stays inside.

Basketball is my best way of getting stress out. Stress is normaly my cause of anger.

The older I get the less angry I am. I am easier to get along with and I don't sweat the small stuff. I am never violent.

I talk about my feelings and pot does a great job of keeping me level. I don't get high if I haven't gone over what is upsetting me. I self medicate with conversation first.

Believe me you dont want my anger.
I have serious anger problems but I always seem to relate it to stress. Probly so I dont go off on people.

they've actually found that taking your anger out on other thigns physically just makes you more angry, not really less

i don't really get that angry about stuff...hopefully before something reaches that point i've identified situations that might piss me off and avoid getting into them or something. otherwise i'll just go off and chill out by myself and figure things out and then talk about them

If Im angry, it helps if i put on System of a down and go for a drive. It depends on what Im angry about. I tend to internalise my anger and dont express it well, because I dont get angry that often. Im not good at hiding my emotions so people know when Im pissed off.
Generally, walking away from a pointless argument is the best way to deal with it.

zephyr said:
If Im angry, it helps if i put on System of a down and go for a drive.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention going for a drive and blasting angry music and sometimes singing along.

great thread! anger outlets are so fuckin' key. i listen to music, go for a drive, or write usually to get my anger out. the best thing for me to do when i'm pissed is to go to a show, just because i'll get to listen to some good music, see my friends, and maybe kick someone in the face ;)

starlightgemini said:
That's pretty much how I am too. I'm not very good at expressing anger or hurt, but I'm really good about keeping it pent up :( and taking it out on myself.

ditto. i don't deal with my anger in a very healthy way. altho i am working on it...

in the summer, i like to ride roller coasters and just scream at the top of my lungs. its the screaming, not the roller coaster. roller coasters are just a place you can scream without getting funny looks...

or going to a concert and singing at the top of my lungs. if i can't go to a concert, singing in the car works. i find music to be a good release as other people have mentioned.