• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking stems

420shroomsinmypocket

Bluelighter
Well i had quit smoking for 2 weeks (i wanted to lower my tolerance) so i made a resolution to buy no more weed and only smoke when it was offered. So one night, some of my friends showed up, really wanting to smoke, so he dug through my shit and packed a 2 gram bowl of stems.

My first instinct was to say, that wont do shit dude, just give you a headache, but then i thought "why not, its the only way you can get high tonight anyways (if it even works!!)"

so i gave it a try and..... im pleasently high right now. a lot more than i expected.

smoke was a lot harsher, and it took a full 2 grams (split between 3), but hell i'd keep a little box of stems for nights when the little box of roaches ran out!

Just tryin to help a fellow stoner out%)
even if it might kill your lungs a little faster
sometimes you get desperate (you know what im talking about)

i think i got a headache just from reading this thread

two grams of stems? oh man

if i wasdesperate id probaly smoke leaf but not stem. i dotn think i cood smoke pure stems to gt high

ive done it....
those awful monday nights where u cashed ur sack over the weekend and for the life of you CANNOT go to sleep. yeh, i would brake out the stems, and then i could sleep. they didnt really give me a headache, but they tasted like shit. every now and then me and my buds will gather all of our pieces that we have used recently, get some paper clips, and scrape all the resin out of them and can make several monster bowls out of them. mmm, Mount Saint Resin :p

haha i remember one time tho, some kids were smoking in my room (my room was the safest) and i didnt have any bud, so they were smokin without me (cant always nig their bud, ppl can get touchy when they pay 50 bucks for an 1/8th and its gone in one night because they had to share with a bunch of moochers), and after a while it just tore me up so i broke out my stems and was about to spark it. then one guy was just like, "wtf are u doin man, i cant let you do that, let me pack that for you."
god im glad im past those desperate times, not enjoyable at all.

anyway, the reason you got high is because u hadnt smoked in a while. if you had done that while ur tolerance was still up, u prolly would have felt next to nothing. im willing to bet u wont be so sattisfied the next time u smoke stems.

and god damn, 2 grams of stems, u save ur sacks from the past 2 months or somethin ?

I once saved some stems to test if it actually worked... I rolled a joint with a huge amount of grinded stems. It tasted absolutely like shit, I only took 4 or 5 hits of it before I threw it away.

I haven't tried this myself, but I have a friend who grinds up his stems with a mortar and a pestal and adds them in with his regular smoke to make it last longer.

Isn't all the good stuff going to be on the outside of the stems? Why not just peel off a thin bit of the outside of the, er, bark and smoke that, thus smoking less nasty stuff.

I've tried this once, but im pretty sure it only got me high because the weed was extremely good in the first place, thus leaving some crystals on the stems.

Still, stems are extremely unpleasant to smoke, made me cough like a fucking lung cancer patient, gave me a fucked up headache, and the high was so light that the headache overpowered it.

When desperate, even smoking pipe resin is more pleasant.

Isn't all the good stuff going to be on the outside of the stems? Why not just peel off a thin bit of the outside of the, er, bark and smoke that, thus smoking less nasty stuff.
what...? that would be very fuckin difficult, don't you think?

i like to add a stem or two to the bottom of my bowl when i have crumbly weed on top so it doesn't fall thru, but that's it...

Summer of Love said:
I've tried this once, but im pretty sure it only got me high because the weed was extremely good in the first place, thus leaving some crystals on the stems.

Still, stems are extremely unpleasant to smoke, made me cough like a fucking lung cancer patient, gave me a fucked up headache, and the high was so light that the headache overpowered it.

When desperate, even smoking pipe resin is more pleasant.

I've personally smoke stem once nd got next to no results. But I gotta say I would rather smoke stems then pipe resin! :)

The weeds i smoke usually have a couple of stems in them, i just smoke it in with the bud. Never done anything bad to me!!

elemenohpee said:
Make cannabutter

That's what I do with the leaves and stems from the plants. I'll throw the roaches in there too. Grind those babies up and mix them in with the bud I put aside for the butter.

toss a stem in with a bowl , who gives a fuck? it burns. it smokes. i wouldnt smoke a bowl of stems hahaha but why would i take a stem off a nug ? fuckit . its from our favorite plant so how could it not get you high? or give you a headache?

^^ huh? so you put a whole nug in the bowl?(We don't really have a big pipe/bong culture here so I wouldn't know if that's awkward or not)

this is more practical if you grow lots of herb... you can save up a few oz's of stems, and soak them in like 90%+ alcohol overnight... then strain the stems out and evalporate the alc. and youll have a small amount of oily substance containing THC... its good for hot knives and vaps... peace

Ive smoked stems from a bong before and gotten extraoridnarirly stoned. I mean, its not like your smoking big chunks of wood, just the small, fiarly flexible stems. I just wouldnt advise doing it often. Its gotta be pretty bad for you.

I save all my stems from 7-8 months of smoking, in a seperate baggie, then once I have a dirty great bagfull, extract the entire lot with anhydrous methanol, then with ether, and believe you me, the resulting oil IS worth smoking.

Pretty good too, actually:D