• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Could NO2 be used to reverse marijuana brain damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that nitric oxide is rather caustic and harmful to the lungs. Not reccomended!

oh...i followed the link...maybe their supplementation method is not dangerous in this way.

Nitric Oxide is not NO2, it is NO.

It would probably just cause you to pass out becasue of massive vaso-dilation

Cannabis vaso-constriction should not be confused with brain damage.

NO2 doesn't make you pass out. Its a supplement sold as a muscle-builder. I have used it. I have smoked while on it (although it is debateable how well it was working at that point).

I was wondering if taking the supplement could re-inflate the blood vessels that have been shrunk by the cannabis.

Again though Nitrous Oxide is NO2 (the stuff that gets you high) and Nitric oxide (the stuff that gives you muscle pumps) is NO.

>>Nitric Oxide is not NO2, it is NO.

It would probably just cause you to pass out becasue of massive vaso-dilation
>>

Thanks for clearing that up. :) I was confused.

>>Again though Nitrous Oxide is NO2 (the stuff that gets you high) and Nitric oxide (the stuff that gives you muscle pumps) is NO.>>

no.
nitrous oxide: N2O
nitric oxide: NO
bad shit that injures your lungs: NO2
(correct me if I'm mistaken).

ebola

okay...Will NO boosters reverse the effects of marijuana on blood vessels.

OR

Will the pills in the link reverse the effects of marijuana on blood vessels.

N2O = nitrous oxide ; 'the gas that will get get you high'

NO = nitric oxide; a neurotransmitter and cellular integrity regulator (among other functions)

NO2 = nitrogen dioxide, a poisonous gas which form nitrous acid in the lungs.

NO2 = a health supplement [?] that has not yet been described properly

We gotta get superscript subscript on this board.... :\

^^^

N20 raises NO levels in the blood stream thus making the blood vessels expand and thus nutrients are shoved into the muscles much better (reason why BBers use it).

I figured if it expanded the blood vessels it might help with the vaso-constriction caused by marijuana.

N20 raises NO levels in the blood stream thus making the blood vessels expand and thus nutrients are shoved into the muscles much better (reason why BBers use it).
^ No it doesn't.

Amyl/Alkyl/nitrites do that.

God this is confusing....

^^^

I figured if it expanded the blood vessels it might help with the vaso-constriction caused by marijuana.

Er, are you sure you mean N20 (nitrous oxide, laughing gas) here, and not the N02 supplement you originally posted about? I've never heard of body builders using nitrous... but then I know little about that scene anyway.

Personally, I think this thread is was too retarded to even be in ADD. Especially since Bilz0r pointed out that vaso-constriction is nothing to do with brain damage. I could be mistaken, but I thought that "MJ causes brain damage" was a statement that the medical and scientific professions no longer give credence to...

This thread is so fucked it's almost funny. People always mix this shit up.

slyvan wanderer said:

Will the pills in the link reverse the effects of marijuana on blood vessels.

Hows this.

Okay people....

Read the links.

Marijuana causes blood vessels to shrink makeing it harder learn, memory loss, etc...

with time it goes away.

Can thoose pills make it go away faster.

they make the blood vessels bigger, thus perhaps (my q) reverseing the harm/effect/what ever you want to call it cause by marijuana in the bran.

Well, I can't comment on the validity of the claims made on the BBC site. SOmeone with more medical knowledge shooul hava a look at the study and see what it says.

As an aside, they regard 70 joints a week as moderate use.. and up to 350 joints a week as heavy use. 50 joints a day...? Is that right? That sounds like an insane amount to be smoking...

If that compound did act as a NO doner, it would be very bad for you to take it chronically. It would massively fuck with all of your bodies systems for controlling blood pressure, fluid balance and who knows what neuronal signalling systems.

On the other hand, I doubt it does have a significant NO effect in humans. Because, if it did, it would make you pass out, or get very low blood pressure, as it would cause nearly every blood vessel in your body to dilate.

Now, back to the OP the link to the BBC contains correct information HOWEVER it is not causally linked in anyway to "makeing it harder learn, memory loss, etc..." In fact, their results which show that after a month of abstinance, the effect is still there in full, indicates that this effect is not related to cognitiaive impairments, as heavy smokers show reversal of cognitive deficits after a month.

The end. Question answered.

I think NO2 or whatever the original poster is talking about (the supplement that is used for bodybuilding in which I am very familiar of) won't work for this... I think it only expands blood vessels in the muscles and it does very little otherwise... I could be wrong, but as far as i know it won't do much, if anything for brain damage associated with marijuana use (I don't think there is any damage in the first place besides decreased memory)... For the memory loss due to marijuana use, i think Ginkgo Biloba works wonders.

thanks for the ginko tip, and I think all the blood vessels expand, I don't know how it would be able to select which blood vessels. I have read it does work in the brain.

I have used it while smoking and I don't know if there where any differneces because I was depressed and didn't eat as much, thus, my brain didn't function properly anyway.

Nitric oxide is not actually contianed in these suplements, they are only refered to as "Nitric Oxide Boosters" etc. The supplements actually contain L-arginine which is highly effective in allowing your body to synthsize more endogenous nitric oxide in a rate limited fashion so excess supplement is simply excreeted.
link remove by vecktor

on an aside, if you are a healthy young man it will greatly increase your performance in bed, and it works for many women as well. It is IMO one of the best possible supplements for athletics and sexual recreation. If you take enough the body buzz feels like a very mild amphetamine body load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.