Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Really crook after big bender on pills

Zaineaol

Bluelighter
This past week - today is my 18th birthday - i have been very sick, with mutiple ilnesses.

Friday: finished work, fine no problems what so over - went out
Saturday Early morning - the partying begins:
2:00am - first bikkie - beige lexus
7:00am - 2nd bikkie - beige lexus
9:00am - 3rd bikkie - beige lexus
+1
+1
3:00pm - 6th bikkie - beige lexus
I pass out roughly 1:30 after eating - i understand i shouldn't eat so many pills, but when u can u tend to

I awake on saturday morning at about 03:00am
i had most flu symptoms - swollen glands the rest, and swollen gums (which i still have)
i went to a doctor, got precribed anti-biotics, the flu symptoms (i had no normal come down symptoms) last till wednesday, but i still have this gum infection - i'm going to a dentist tonight to get it checked out, does anyone know of gum infections (possibly periodontitis - from the symptoms i have in my mouth) can result from drug use?

I don't know why you have so many MDxx pills, it's bordering on abuse. After 2 decent pills you've used up the vast majority of your serotonin supplies and by having more you are simply increasing the potential for neurotoxic damage. Six pills in one session is a fair amount and you wonder why you're getting sick?

Raves are fantastic places to catch viruses as you have hundreds of people in confined spaces, extreme heat in the event, extreme cold outside, sharing of water bottles, and lots of people with weakened immune systems because of drug use.

Try having a maximum of two pills, eating before and during the experience, sleeping as soon as possible, and keep hydrated throughout the evening. By continuing the binge throughout the next day and not recuperating and sleeping you are pushing your body past its limit.

Last edited:
Agreed. Regardless of the occasion and the "invincibility of youth" hammering it with pills can be the best way to run down your immune system and catch the flu (or worse). I would hope that you were forthcoming with your doctor before he decided antibiotics were the way to go as it might not be the best option if liver function is also seriously impaired :\

Do you smoke? Gum infections can be caused by smoking.

Take heaps of vitamin C, and go see your dentist for a proper teeth cleaning then use the mouthwash they recommend for a couple of weeks.

Periodontis (sp?) sucks - it hurts, bad. And it won't go away until you get that tartar cleaned.... it's what's irritating and inflaming your gums

Yeh, i get flue like symptoms after 4+ biccies in a night. Sometimes it's so bad i am throwing up anything that i eat or drink.

heh... i've done worse - but only on occasion - I DONT DO THIS EVERY WEEKEND

SLR: No i don't smoke, and i have lots of vitamin C in my diet, usually 200% RDI per day at least.

p_d: Yes i told her exactly what drugs i'm on.

Okay in reply to the subject (gum infection): My dentist has informed me there is nothing severely wrong, brushing (with a soft brush) and the toothpaste he gave me should clear most of the infection up as well as mouthwash and just general care - the dentist also believes the problems are due to stress (I recently began working - a month ago) so i can understand this.

I'm sure ALL of you can understand what it means to binge - so keep all flaming out of this topic, i asked for advice not to be flamed - i know eating that many pills is stupid and dangerous, but i have seen, and done far worse in my time.

Zaineaol said:
I'm sure ALL of you can understand what it means to binge - so keep all flaming out of this topic, i asked for advice not to be flamed - i know eating that many pills is stupid and dangerous, but i have seen, and done far worse in my time.
You can't brush it off, the amount of drugs you had was the direct cause for your poor health.

well, my argument to the matter is - i've done it before, and never felt ill afterward - but none the less, i'd agree that it was a contributing fact! not the direct cause, because what i have is viral! perhaps the reason i caught it was due to my impared imune system at the time

Zaineaol said:
perhaps the reason i caught it was due to my impared imune system at the time

Which is because you took an excessive amount of drugs.....

So now your admitting it was a direct cause for your getting ill? 8(

Zaineaol said:
well, my argument to the matter is - i've done it before, and never felt ill afterward - but none the less, i'd agree that it was a contributing fact! not the direct cause, because what i have is viral! perhaps the reason i caught it was due to my impared imune system at the time
wake up! it was directly due to the drugs! Just because you have been on benders before does not count for anything. If you have a virus it will rape you because of your weakened immune system, and if you hadn't have gone out your body may have been able to fight it off without you even feeling ill.

i understand that!!! jesus christ... i know the reason im crook is from the drugs - im not "drug sick" i caught a flu, a viral infection... could have been a range of things, the drugs are only a contributing factor, also the fact i was walking around at 7:00am in 3 degrees doesn't help either - I ASKED WHAT LINKS DRUG USE HAS TO GUM INFECTION!!!!

Only SLR was able to provide me with some nice info, and Cowboy Mac...

I won't sit here and cop criticism from people who have probably done worse in their time aswell! get a grip for fucks sake and stop acting like your all to good and ALWAYS follow your own guidelines, because everyone takes risks, and i'm more than willing to take consequence from my action without copping shit for asking for advice!

/end rant and scream

On a lighter note...
I hope others learn from this

I have taken 4 1/2 pills in a night before, that's my tops. I'm not proud of it, and because of that it certainly doesn't put me in a position to be a hypocrite about anyone elses' use. ;)

I guess people just got the impression that you do it regularly and in their own way were trying to help. That's what the forum's about anyway, harm minimisation and it would be negligent to ignore that.

Still, gotta praise your honesty and I would hope no-one else starts to get afraid of asking advice because they'll be lectured. I think there's learning to be had within the paradigm of benevolent understanding meets reality-check.

Get well soon.

The only times i have been sick after getting on it have been when i have been a bit sick before i dropped. The last time i dropped when i had a mild cough I ended up sick in bed for a week with a chest infection. Bad for the ol immune system methinks.

Cheers SLM.. u always seem to have a way of showing an understanding side :) guess thats why ur the SLR mod. thanks heaps