• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting H VS Shooting

LinX

Bluelighter
so i do about a bag to get a good high going and thats really all i need (snorting it) ive heard on these boards that shooting it is way better ... my question is why.. so far this is what ive concluded "it hits you faster ie. 6 seconds" "youre bag will last longer"... now why would my bag last longer? and so what if it hits me faster it doesnt last longer if you shoot it right? atleast thats what im told...

Shooting H only hits you faster - the rush that gives people instant gratification, before it resolves to the effects that are identical irrelevant of method of administration. The reason that shooting H is so addicting is because it provides instant gratification, and that promotes a very dangerous mentality that drives people down the deadly spiral of heroin addiction.

I was going to bring up the positive effects of shooting up but decided not to. Shooting up is often not worth the trade off it comes with.

Yea, the positive effects are very fleeting, so, in terms of the very very verrrry short term, there are positive effects, but it stops there. Fast.

for me at least the feeling of shooting H vs. snorting is the high feels alot cleaner and more true to what the drug is supposed to feel like. your bag lasts longer because you dont need to shoot as much as you sniff because its going directly into the bloodstream

shooting heroin isn't any more or less addicting than snorting it. it's still the same drug, you just get more out of the experience because when you IV certain opiates like morphine, heroin, fentanyl, etc. you experience a rush. when you snort heroin, the euphoria comes on gradually over a period of 1-2 hours. when you inject, the euphoria hits you all at once so that peek plasma levels occur the instant you inject it. because of this, the effects are much more dramatic. when i inject, i usually feel all the lights around me dim suddenly as a result of my pupils constricting and during that same moment sounds will become muffled in a weird sort of way. now, you experience these same effects when you snort the h, but it won't be as noticeable because the effects come on more gradually. it doesn't really have much to do with instant gratification since snorting heroin and injecting it are pretty much both forms of instant gratification. the experience is just completely different because the h hits you like a ton of bricks at such a high concentration instead of slowly being absorbed through your mucus membraine.

i choose to inject heroin because the feeling is incomparable to insufflation. i don't do heroin that often so i try to get the most out of it this way. there are tons of opiates out there like buprenorphine, codeine, hydrocodone, ms-contin, etc. which i don't inject because you can't get a rush from them, or they're much harder to prepare for injection, but when i do easily injectible opiates i always IV it. those who think they won't get addicted to heroin if they just snort it are kidding themselves. i know tons of people who have never injected anything in their life who are hooked on all sorts of drugs including opiates. in fact, one of the people i know who's the most addicted to opiates has never touched a needle in his life. if you can exercise moderation in your recreational drug use, then your method of ingestion doesn't really matter. if you can't exercise moderation or you have an addictive personality, then you're fucked either way.

yes injecting and maintaining a normal life is possible, i shoot up and still study/work. but if you are a person who gets addicted easily it's tricky.

therastamonsays said:
for me at least the feeling of shooting H vs. snorting is the high feels alot cleaner

I've also noticed the "clean" quality you meantioned. It's like you get all the positive effects, but with less sedation and negative body effects. It's easier to function and socialize (assuming you do a comparitive dose).

Injecting it is more psychologically addictive, since there is a strong ritual assosiated with banging up, and many people crave the 'rush' that IV heroin gives.

and for some treatment psycobabble, u get addicted to the needle more than the drug. i found it to b true u will try to run anything if u can.....

In general, the shorter the length of time it takes for a dopaminergic recreational drug to reach your brain, the more psychologically addictive it is.

that's a marginal factor in general otherwise weed would be much more addictive than snorted heroin or oxycontin, etc. psychological addiction is extremely subjected and is more dependant on your own personal predispositions than anything.

I couldn't snort heroin again after shooting it, I just would not even bother. Maybe thats reason enough not to try it?

why is that a reason not to try it? the reason why iv users don't snort their heroin is because you don't get a rush from snorting it. in other words, you get more bang for your buck iving it. personally i've never snorted heroin, i've always just ived it. i don't particularly like snorting substances because my nostrils are already fucked up. iving isn't really that much worse for your body if you know what you are doing.

IMO, you're not really experiencing heroin the way it's meant to be experienced unless you IV it.........like when I finally gave in and tried IVing a few bags, I realized that all that time, I had been doing it wrong.....It's ALL ABOUT the rush........period......I think thursday might agree????

^that's precisely why i've never snorted heroin. i snort OC, ms-contins, and buprenorphine, but morphine IR, fentanyl, and heroin, i inject. and i wouldn't say that i'm any more addicted to heroin than i am to other non-injectible opiates. when i iv, it's usually 2-4 times a week, and then i take atleast a 1-2 month break and let my veins heal before i inject again. i'd rather do it this way and get the most out of my heroin than develop a regular habit by snorting it yet still miss out on the full experience. i know tons of kids who are like that. they think that needles are extremely bad(which they can be if you don't exercise proper technique) yet they pop huge amounts of norcos/lortabs/OCs 24/7 as if just because they aren't injecting anything they're not going to fuck themselves over. but it's quite possible to be a recreational IV user and not develop a regular habit.

Last edited:
yea I had my friend shoot me up once and ur right, its all about the rush for sure. but i realized that, this was it, it doesn't get any better than this. that right there scared the fuck outta me. since then i been snorting the bomb shit i get,,,basically playing with fire. a lot of my friends are off the deep end and strung out, shootin bundles a day (fuck, they would do more if they could). i watch my friend spend $200 everyday on this tan rock. i wont talk about how he gets his money on here but u get the picture.

what it boils down to is the addiction just ain't worth it, unless u can chip once in a while. even tho ive already had a habit in the past, its still possible to go back to using on the weekens (i kno 2 ppl who do this, and dont fuck up during the week). the key is to just lead a busy life and u wont really think about it durin the week.

but be careful, before proceeding u should weigh out the pros and cons!

Last edited: