• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

a couple shots of alcohol okay with some beans?

phat pants

Bluelighter
anyways...ive been rolling for 3 years, im pretty knowledgeable in the workings of it all, yada yada yada. and im not stupid enough to get piss drunk while im rolling.

but i was just curious if anybody knew if having a couple shots or a few beers before i eat pills would have any negative effects while i roll. (ie, throwing up, feeling really disorientated) Kind of an ice breaker just to get me in the mood and ease some tension.

i know i shouldnt drink when i roll because of the whole dehydration thing, but is a single beer or two okay???

and please, no comments saying "your a dipshit for thinking this, your gonna die, yada yada yada." im well aware of the risks involved with mixing alcohol and beans....and thus wanted to know for sure if it is okay

you're fine. So many people drink a 12 pack or a bottle of vodka. 8( Even though I've never drank before rolling 1-2 beers sounds like a good idea. If you're just with a couple friend's and get that "apprehensive" feeling about dropping the first one.

have fun!

Yeah, go for it.

The main risk (reason for saying "Don't drink") is from dehydration - and in some settings (eg if you're having beans at home with friends) then that risk is mitigated.

i usually have a drink or two at home getting ready to go out, maybe a couple more spaced out through the night- but when im rolling the taste of beer gets to me, much rather have water-you'll be fine with a few

i know it's dumb but if i got vodka around and i'm coming down like 4 1/2 - 5 hours after popping it i normally take like 4 - 5 shots normally makes me feel a little better

im all for being safe when rolling. so i know i wont make any stupid deciscions.

but thanks for the input guys. its been a while since i rolled and im getting all nervous and anxious about doing it. a couple drinks would do me good to calm me down.

cheers guys!

Geez man, don't worry about it. Drinking beer before, during or after taking E has never done me or my mates or anyone else I know any harm. (And all the rest of you know it! :p ) But I agree with what the experts say about dehydration etc., it's definitely a good idea to have some water now and again.

The only bad thing IME about alcohol + E is that if you overdo it on the shots, it can make you feel a bit 'monged up', thereby making you miss out on the great feelings of the E. So my advice would be not to worry about the beer, go for it, but don't bother with the spirits.

i try to cycle my drinks if i'm having alcohol. start with a few vodkas then a water then a vodka then a water and so on... then you are safe on both counts, a) you wont get too drunk and b) you wont dehydrate.
but on many occasions i've gone nuts and chased a few pills with a bottle of vodka, and it never ruined my trip. i just make sure that i drink a big glass of water before i hit my pillow.

...oh and if you choose to consume way to much alcohol, you just need to make sure you have a dirty big line of speed waiting for you when you wake up. it cures all.

I LOVE getting wasted and then taking a strong body high pill.. everytime i'm drunk to the point of not standing and i take a pill if i sit there and concentrate you can feel the "drunkness" just slip away and the next thing you know your perfectly sober and rolling.. but a little different? anyway i usually get drunk before i take a pill because we have to wait for them and that passes the time very well. so i'm sure a few drinks would doya good :)

I usually have about 5 - 6 beers spaced out from 8pm - 1am, then once I've dropped I just drink water the whole night untill I start coming down... then I have a few shots while still at the club. Then we go home and there is usually plenty of wine and weed waiting for us there so we keep on going till about mid-day when everyone's considerably drunk and stoned and well-able to go to sleep.

phat pants said:
I was just curious if anybody knew if having a couple shots or a few beers before i eat pills would have any negative effects while i roll. (ie, throwing up, feeling really disorientated) Kind of an ice breaker just to get me in the mood and ease some tension.

3 years experience .... you have it down to a fine art ...
Nothing wrong and a lot of things right about a couple of beers pre roll (ok pre euphoria, peaking, munted .. et al) ... go for it ... it's always my advice .. and my practice ... but only a few not the brewery!?

Party on .. have fun ;) :p

Re: Re: a couple shots of alcohol okay with some beans?

mrsmitconh said:
3 years experience .... you have it down to a fine art ...

Was I the only one that thought it odd that someone with 3 years under their belt didn't already know the answer just thru experience? :|

Re: Re: Re: a couple shots of alcohol okay with some beans?

felixdahousekat said:
Was I the only one that thought it odd that someone with 3 years under their belt didn't already know the answer just thru experience? :|

No but I was daft enough to reply ....

I reckon it rolls you harder if you get drunk first, that's just me though. I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying it's never hirt me....

Common practise in the UK is to drink somewhere around 2, 3 or 4 pints of wifebeater; drop, and then drink 8,9 or 10 pints of water.

Very VERY common practise.

Re: Re: Re: a couple shots of alcohol okay with some beans?

felixdahousekat said:

yeah...but its just been ages since i rolled...so im a tad bit anxious and nervous about eating the beans. i always told myself never to mix them...being safe is the most important thing isnt it??? and thats what this board is for....safety.

Absolutely mate! :)

Hope you have fun, let us know how you got on! =D

im used to drinking a lot when i go with mates anyway. so i find that if i go out on the pills its no different. ill usually get prtty drunk before dropping. but i have found there have been times when the alcohol seemed to dull the effects of the pills. has anyone else had this happen to them?

I don't think ya wanna be doing it, its gonna dull everything and give ya nausea! I like smoking a blunt with my friends every hour or so when we party, Its like ya don't feel the weed at all! but it makes things better overall, at least for me, doesn't affect the down as well.