Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

price of testers???

chaos w.w

Bluelighter
I am definately going to buy a tester in the near future and was just wondering what the average price of one is??? I live in Newcastle and i know that they are sold at the rock shop on hunter street, so if anyone here has ever bought one from there a price would be greatly appreciated. Other wise just an average price would be sufficient.

cheers.

Marquis is about 25 bucks.
Not sure about the other kits.

I'm not sure if this breaches the BL guidelines, but it is in the interests of harm reduction.

Wish i had a rock shop around here :(

On topic: Mine cost me 25 dollars i think.

I got an EZ test extreme for $45..... But have noticed you can get em from off ya tree stores for $99!!! So they slug ya heaps. I too recommend u get em from enlighten to support all the good work johnboy does.

Hey SIM-1, just wondering where you purchased your extreme kit from ... Ive bought a couple marquis from off ya tree before and was saving up to get the extreme kit from there too, though if I can get it for half the price that would be very much prefferable. Thanks :)

In relation to the original post, at off ya tree marquis and mandelin are both $25 each, and that pretty much seems to be the standard at most shops. The enlighten kits are much better (cheaper and you get more liquid) tho I unfortunately cannot order anything like that in the mail unless I want to let my parents know what I do on the weekend ;)

Hey SIM-1, just wondering where you purchased your extreme kit from ... Ive bought a couple marquis from off ya tree before and was saving up to get the extreme kit from there too, though if I can get it for half the price that would be very much prefferable.

I used google man.... Also, I had it delivered to a nearby post office. It came in a white post pack bubble bag. Nothing else on it. It takes about 5 working days. U can then go & check to see if its there. If you leave it for longer than a week, then it gets sent back. Thats a pretty good system hey?? So yeah heres the link.

https://wic013u.server-secure.com/vs186748_secure/orderform.htm

I did it all by e-mail as i could never get anyone on the phone.

thanks SIM! :D I was under the impression it would be delivered to my door, though I guess it makes sense that it wouldn't given its size. I just might have to order one in the near future ...

edit* on reading that link, I realised they offer to deliver either to your address or to a post office, which is very handy :)

Rehash from here:
Cowboy Mac said:
Seems like everyone is pimping their wares in here lately. Competition is a good thing but it is time for Enlighten to explain why our kit is the best choice for Australian buyers. (We aren't shipping overseas currently as we want to make sure we are able to do so safely and legally. Many companies have experienced problems sending kits internationally and we don't want to send out kits that don't make it to our customers. Hopefully we will have everything sorted in the next 3 months.)

Our kits contain more reagent. Other brands supply 5ml in their bottles.
We put 10ml in our Marquis and 8ml in our Mandelin.

Our kits are better value. For AU$40.00 you can get both Marquis and Mandelin, or buy them seperately for $25 each. That works out to AU$2.50 per ml of Marquis and AU$3.13 per ml of Mandelin when bought alone, or an average of AU$2.22 when bought in the combo.

Chemical Solutions Marquis and Mandelin at AU$25.78 (US$19.95) works out to $5.16 per ml when bought individually and $4.53 when bought in the combo.

EZ Test International Marquis and Mandelin at $30.12 (18 Euro) works out to $6.02 per ml and EZ Test Australia Marquis and Mandelin at AU$44.00 works out to $8.80 per ml!

We could reduce the amount in our bottles but then we would also drop our price because profit isn't our motive.

Every cent we make from selling the kits goes back into supporting Enlighten's activities. Every single cent. We are not a commercial company. We supply testing services at events where people can have the pills tested for free. We are also constantly lobbying the government to allow us to do this testing legally and with more accurate equipment.
Because of the controversial nature of our activities we cannot receive conventional funding. Selling kits is our only source of income and we wouldn't have achieved as much as we have without your support.

Over the next year Enlighten plans to take things to the next level. We hope to secure facilities to perform an Australian first; full laboratory grade testing at events very soon. We are also attending national and international conferences where we will be representing you, the users, in a forum where you seldom get a voice. This is where the funds from kit sales goes; direct harm reduction work.

So remember this when you are choosing a kit: More Kit, Less Cost, All Donation. Enlighten.

http://www.enlighten-hr.org
bothbottles.gif
We charge $6.50 for postage which is the cost price for the Express Post bags we use, and this decreases the delay in postage times.

SIM-1 said:
I got an EZ test extreme for $45..... But have noticed you can get em from off ya tree stores for $99!!! So they slug ya heaps. I too recommend u get em from enlighten to support all the good work johnboy does.

and;

SIM-1 said:
Doesnt johnboy do an extreme test kit?
ah hem, Enlighten is an organisation not a pseudonym for Johnboy. He is the media liaison for Enlighten, but it takes more than one person to facilitate change and make the progress we have. There will be a primary and secondary amine kit when it is ready, and this should be less than a couple of months away (and will no doubt be much cheaper than EZ-tests current offering).

Last edited:
Also remember that the Extreme kit doesn't contain Mandelin.

Mandelin should be considered a valuable reagent as it can indicate the presence of ketamine and PMA; the former being commonly found in tablets (in Australia) and the later a potentially deadly substitute.

The most valuable reagents in order are always going to be:

1. Marquis
2. Mandelin
3. Primary/Secondary Amine.

If we had more DXM like America it would probably rate at 3 but in Australia it less applicable.

Cowboy Mac said:
The most valuable reagents in order are always going to be:

1. Marquis
2. Mandelin
3. Primary/Secondary Amine.

If we had more DXM like America it would probably rate at 3 but in Australia it less applicable.

What makes Marquis more valuable than Mandelin? Mandelin seems far more suitable for testing pills in the Australian market. It's more important for me to be able to test for Ketamine and PMA than 2C-X, DXM and opiates as I'm far more likely to encounter them (well, maybe not PMA, but it is something I really want to know about if it is in a pill).

Marquis is a clear solution. It is generally considered to be the better of the two as it can react with more substances to produce a larger range of colours. The sensitivity of Marquis is also very good for many compounds.

However, I've recently obtained a very comprehensive color chart reference from an earlier edition of the "Journal of Forensic Sciences". When there's time, I will post the reactions listed for the most common reagents.

While Mac is reflecting both popular thought and personal experience, there is no doubt he'd agree that using both Mandelin and Marquis in sequence is far better than either alone, as together they can indicate the presence of a wide range of compounds.

Originally posted by TheYellowDart
What makes Marquis more valuable than Mandelin? Mandelin seems far more suitable for testing pills in the Australian market. It's more important for me to be able to test for Ketamine and PMA than 2C-X, DXM and opiates as I'm far more likely to encounter them (well, maybe not PMA, but it is something I really want to know about if it is in a pill).
I agree that they are much more useful when used in combination and I would never recommend using one alone. I personally believe Marquis is easier to use for masses because it is a clear solution and I have also found it more sensitive to amphetamine than Mandelin.

If a pill is adulterated it will usually give a clear reaction (Ketamine, Unknown, PMA etc.) or an orange reaction (amphetamine) under Marquis. With a Mandelin you could identify the compounds further but either way you know if it hasn't given a black/purple reaction under Marquis then it doesn't contain MDxx.

my amphetamine tests always cum up way clearer with marquis, but it is great to have mandelin to check my k's. better off getting the both

I actually ran out of my Marquis and Mandelin and needed to resupply this afternoon to ensure my weekend harm reduction was completed. The Rock shop sells the Marquis and Mandelin for $25 each and the EZ Test Extreme for $100. I would suggest that if you have time, order them through Enlighten to support their good work but more importantly for an overall better deal.

Cheers all for the info its much appreciated....i`ll definately go pick up a kit on wednesday when i get paid.

later.