• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Scientology Toxology Test... Really Funny!!

Yeah I've seen this before.

I've certainly known a few scientologists in my time. I'll just say this. Anyone who trades spirituality for money ain't got nothing of value in my opinion.

But then again you're looking at someone who once put lightened tom thumbs in the Catholic church plate, and then years later got booted out of the Boys Brigade for giving out free Bibles he found in a box out the back.

I once had to talk my Girl's brother out of scientology. It was either that or have him keep pestering for money to buy more spiritual knowledge. He actually begged me a few times. It was pitiful, and to think he was once going to be a chemist...if only he'd stayed a bit longer at Uni

Just my opinion, probably not a popular one, but I reckon religion should be banned until a person's done at least 3 years of tertiary level science =D

I'm not so sure that it's stupidity. I think they have a much clearer idea about drugs than they let on, but they're wanting to exploit other people's stupidity (or more likely naiveity).

Check out some of the links from that page. I followed a few and found this shocking truth about ecstasy:
http://www.notodrugs-yestolife.com/

(OK, some of it's actually half true, but there's some nonsense there as well). Nice link farm they've got going there as well.

If the actual religion is anything like the movie Battlefield Earth, then you don't have to tell me twice that it's a crock of shit... ;)

Just my opinion, probably not a popular one, but I reckon religion should be banned until a person's done at least 3 years of tertiary level science

haha, yeah but then you also run the risk of many future L Ron Hubbards walking around naming their great new religion something like 'scientology', the perfect fusion of real science and bona fide spirituality. That word 'scientology' just shits me good, wherever I hear or see it....

And to think of all those times I spent innocently staring at the stupid commercials for the dianetics book (with a big bursting volcano on it) when I would go to Hoyts as a young lad, briefly wondering why the ads were so vague in describing such a 'revolutionary' book.... only years later did I finally make sense of it all, courtesy of the mighty internet.

The funny thing is I truthfully answered yes to three of the questions.

Oh My I Need To BE "Purifyed"

Im Totally Toxic !

I will Now attempt to Purify My self By Flushing My Body With Acetone... :p

gher said:
The funny thing is I truthfully answered yes to three of the questions.

ha! i was thinking the same thing... and the ones i DID answer 'yes' to, stem from reasons totally unrelated to my drug use.... it's so dissapointing that some people are so scared to live.... and that they try to push it onto everyone else...

My word that is some of the most inane ridiculous bullshit I've ever been subjected to...

Absolutely unbelievable. Thats almost as painful to read as the Nambla website (yes they actually have one, and they are serious...)

O, and I managed to truthfully answer yes to 10/10 :D

Just curious actually...

Is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest any of these three are even remotely true?

Ecstasy can cause kidney, liver and brain damage, including long lasting lesions on brain tissue (obviously true in regards to kidney/liver to some extent but brain lesions?)

Ecstasy can modify DNA structure, causing genetic damage

Ecstasy damages brain cells by causing the nerve branches and nerve endings to degenerate. These cells then regrow abnormally, failing to reconnect to some brain areas or connecting elsewhere to the wrong areas. It is as if the brain switchboard was torn apart, then rewired backwards

^^^^
Off the top of my head:

kidney, liver damage: I believe so. Brain lesions I'm not sure about. I haven't heard that one before.
Modify DNA structure: haven't heard that before; I doubt it very much.
"Ecstasy damages brain cells by causing the nerve branches and nerve endings to degenerate. These cells then regrow abnormally": somewhat true. You're looking at potential damage to the serotonin receptors (NOT all brain cells, by any means). These may then grow back different to how they were before. There is a lot of debate as to whether this is damage - e.g. whether there is actually anything wrong with the new form of the receptors.

That's AFAIK. I haven't read much about MDMA in the past couple of years though, so my memories could be fuzzy.

Natural pesticides in naturally breed vegetables can cause just as much harm to vital organs, yet you don't see them banning celery or potatoes, or for that matter listing them as possible causes. Moderation with sensibility are the keys.

The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

I feel lifeless and "wooden" according to that.Im not sure what that means but I havent got a woody!! does that mean im a witch and will float down a river??

Scientology is one of the most amazingly full of shit religions I've studied. As far as I can tell, the intelligent ones make money of the stupid ones through the 'religion' and its practices. The whole religion was started as a way to make money through organised religion, after all.

I'd say this test was made by someone pretty cluey to just sucker in more people.

MoonlapseVertigo said:
Scientology is one of the most amazingly full of shit religions I've studied. As far as I can tell, the intelligent ones make money of the stupid ones through the 'religion' and its practices. The whole religion was started as a way to make money through organised religion, after all.

I'd say this test was made by someone pretty cluey to just sucker in more people.

Agreed!!

By that rationale how many rich and influential people are scientologists??

Lets see

John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jamie Packer.... and the list can go on and on

hehehe... enough said..

I do believe scientology is a crock of shit... It really does say something when people try to fill the void in their lives with something like that... they shoud take up pottery instead.

But then again, what religion out there supports drug use? Except perhaps that peyote religion in the back waters of the good ol' US of A ;)

hahaa thats the funniest thing i've read today i love this bit

"At a rave party, I saw a guy who had stuffed himself with ecstasy repeat for hours ‘I am an orange, don’t peel me, I am an orange, don’t peel me’. Another guy thought he was a fly and wouldn’t stop hitting his head against a window.”
Liz, drug addict(1)

THey actually refrence it but the refrence is too another one of their sites where they refrence the same quote back to the quote above.

But then again, what religion out there supports drug use? Except perhaps that peyote religion in the back waters of the good ol' US of A

There's also the Temple of True Inner Light mentioned in TiHKAL; that is, if they're still in operation as this was written some time ago. An interesting point was also made by Shulgin concerning the first amendment to the US constitution

There is a rather remarkable religious group known as the Temple of the True Inner Light, in New York City, which has embraced as its Eucharist DPT which they refer to as a powerful Angel of the Host. Their communion is confirmed by either the smoking or the drinking of the sacrament, and they have been totally unbothered by any agency of the Federal Government, as far as I know.

It is not as if they were unknown. Quite on the contrary, I had on one occasion received a request for information on the drug from a reporter who was writing a story on DPT and its use in the church. I asked him just how he had gotten my name, and he told me that he was given it by someone within the DEA. Someone, sometime, should write an essay on contemporary religions, as to why DPT has flown, why peyote forever struggles, and LSD and marijuana have bombed out, when tied to religion.

Is there something about a faith being an "approved" religion? Who gives his approval? Who decides the applicability of the first amendment which explicitly states that, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

Erowid: TiHKAL # 9; DPT