Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pill testing results VS actual effects

jester_2k4

Bluelighter
Hi guys, this is my first post, I've been looking around the site for a while now but this is my first. Before I start, let me say "GREAT SITE" u guys are doin a good job, and thanks to u funny *$@&'s who crack me up wit ur trippin stories. LOL

Anyway, down to business...

I bought a few green mitzies here in sydney a week ago...they are all gone now exept 1, anyway point is they were shit. however when I get on here all I read about the green mitsubishi's is praise. and when I say mine were shit I can definatly say they were shit, me and my friends went through 50 of them over the weekend and the general opinion was that they were weak. Anyway I saved 1 so I can test it on thursday when my testing kit arrives.

With all the excitment and build up to receiving my first testing kit I have this question: Do the results given by the testing reflect how good a pill is?
eg. when you say, it went purple and then black in 5 seconds, does this mean that when u eat 1 u get sat on ur ass? I know they say that the test cannot reflect how potent a pill is, but I ask in general experience, what are peoples opinions on this?

Thanks,

The test kits only show the possible contents of the pill, they give no indication of the strength.

I thought they gave a vague idea of potentcy by colour/ amount of time it took to turn black, but i could be wrong.

Also, there is a fake lighter batch of green mitsis going around.

Isn't there a way that shows potency better;
you place the reagentia on something, and with a key or something, grind some matter of the pill above the liquid, how fast/intense this changes indicates the relative strength.. Guess you could only compare though..

^No.

It is recommended that the tablet is crushed before testing, but speed of reaction and/or intensity of colour cannot be equated to strength. Even crushed, the other compounds present can slow down a reaction to some degree.

If powder is being tested and the powder fizzes, it sometimes indicates the powder was relatively pure, but it's impossible to gauge exactly how strong it is. Testing reagents indicate the possible presence of a compound/ compounds. Try not to read too much into a result.

The official line is that speed of reaction does not indicate strength of pill.

However...in my experience it is a good general indicator of strength. The strongest pills I've ever had did NOT give the fastest reaction with a pill tester, but IN GENERAL in my experience stronger pills will react faster than weak pills.

The best way to know how strong a pill is is to use pillreports and other sources of user descriptions.

Thanks SATRICION,

Thats what I was after..

would you agree to say that most pills that give a DEFINATE purple/black reaction with the marquis/mandelin are more often than not going to give the average user a "peak"

Cheers,

jester_2k4 said:
would you agree to say that most pills that give a DEFINATE purple/black reaction with the marquis/mandelin are more often than not going to give the average user a "peak"
No, because a small pill that reacts quickly may not have as much MDMA in it as a large pill that reacts slower. It isn't a very accurate indication. It is better to use anecdotal user experiences in combination with a reagent test.

Cowboy Mac,
Up untill the other day I would agree with you 100% but since trying green mitsubishi's after reading how good they were on here and finding out that they were junk when we tried them, it has got me thinking...Whats to stop anybody making a pill that looks identical to "the best pill ever" but infact contains something that is just going to make people sick.

...i'm probly just paranoid

Originally posted by jester_2k4
Cowboy Mac,
Up untill the other day I would agree with you 100% but since trying green mitsubishi's after reading how good they were on here and finding out that they were junk when we tried them, it has got me thinking...Whats to stop anybody making a pill that looks identical to "the best pill ever" but infact contains something that is just going to make people sick.

errr, that is the whole point of reagent tests. A pill can be manufactured quickly after one has gained a reputation that does not contain MDMA. You also have to take into consideration that these pills are not manufactured with strict quality control and even pills from the same batch may have different amounts of MDMA in them. It is also possible that a second weaker batch is manufactured by the same syndicate and released as a second batch simply to capitalise with a higher profit margin as their previous pills have a good reputation.

All these variables mean that just because you read that a green mitsubishi has been rating well on pillreports and yours tests purple/black does not mean it is the same. This is why it is vital information such as size, colours, texture, density, and images are given to help identify different batches.

jester_2k4 said:
Thanks SATRICION,

Thats what I was after..

Cheers,

Well...yes...but if a pill took more than ten seconds to turn black I would be sus about it's strength.

That said, I still think user reports are the best way to judge a pill's strength. The best pills I have ever had took almost twenty seconds to go back and they put me and everyone I know on their arse. How long a reaction takes depends on a number of things including how strong it is, what binders are used in the pill, what other chemicals are in the pill...all sorts of shit like that that makes the speed of a reagent reaction a crap way of figuring out the strength of a pill.

In general though, the reaction from a good pill will go black in under ten seconds, in my experience.

jester_2k4 said:
Cowboy Mac,

Who's to say that you didn't get a copy batch? Some people have reported a different batch...

jester_2k4 said:
Cowboy Mac,

Um thats the point 8) I know for a fact that there are WAY MORE then 1 bach, there is probably more like 4 - 5 , so how do you know what ones you got ? :\

That said, I still think user reports are the best way to judge a pill's strength.

Yep, until either a cheap, reliable form of quantitative test is developed that can be employed by users, or official sanction is granted for lab analysis, then this remains the best way.