Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

heroin related arrests in Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

peace frog

Bluelighter
I was just curious to know how big of a problem Heroin is in Brisbane. I know there is a fairly large amphetamine market but have never heard of any Heroin related issues until the arrests made in Brisbane the other week in connection to the Bali 9.

I had a mate that was realy into it using and dealing and when I went to his house I saw heaps of people come to score and shoot up or chase the dragon, this was back in 1999 but I'v lost contact with him and have'nt seen anybody use smack since. PS his customers seem to come in two crowds extreamy wealthy indonisian kids or the street prosititues at newfarm oh this is because he use to live at newfarm

ahh k very interesting, i knew there was a certain amount of use around fortitude valley and new farm area but havent heard much in the last couple of years, probably due the drought.

nother thing to note is back in 1999 when my mate was dealing I heard him talking about purity of 70-90% but I heard on the news that the heroin in Australian streets is now 30% but I havn't touched the stuff since 1995

I don't think it's anywhere near Sydney or Melbourne, but there is still a significant number of heroin users around Brisneyland.

Methadone / bupe places are always hard to come by, with waiting times sometimes stretching up to 6 weeks, if that's any indication of heroin use.

You can download the IDRS (Illicit Drug Reporting System) reports which go into some detail about heroin in Brisbane. Here's the 2003 summary for heroin:

4.8 Summary of heroin trends

• • Price stable but higher than prior to the heroin shortage. Larger quantities of heroin may fluctuate in price more than smaller quantities – price of a ‘cap’ stable at $50.

• Purity low and decreasing according to IDU; low and stable to increasing according to seizure data.

• Availability stable but harder to obtain than prior to heroin shortage. Nevertheless, most IDU consider heroin easy or very easy to obtain. Some evidence of reduced street dealing; IDU typically score from a mobile dealer.

• Use of heroin among IDU decreased since 2002, possibly in response to sustained reduction in purity and availability.

• Little change in patterns of use: Continued high levels of polydrug use, most users purchasing and injecting rock heroin. Possible reduction in heroin overdose and in smoking heroin (‘chasing the dragon’).

• Pharmacotherapy is still the treatment of choice among heroin-dependent IDU. Increase in proportion receiving buprenorphine; decrease in proportion receiving methadone.

I think there is a bit of a shortage all over Australia, but I guess thats discussing availability. Its always about who u know not what you know...

from my mate that was a dealer I saw that the market for heroin clearly splits into 2 categories (well from what I'v seen) is EXTREAMLY wealthly people with very nice cars the works and the second market was for prositutes and homeless people and people that seemed very fucked up. the first category would chase there smack off a foil and the second category prefered to bang the stuff. well that from what I'v seen hanging around a smack dealer

thats weird, when u think of an heroin addict u tend to think of their portrayed image of the fucked up prostitute or streetie. iwould of never thought of the rich business type using, but then again the media has a lot to do with that.

First time in three years I got smack offered on the street! (Syd)
All these might be signs of heroin coming back in a big fucking way, like Vincent Vega said in Pulp Fiction :)

Edit: sorry it wasn't Vincent, it was the dealer :D

Last edited:
peace frog said:
thats weird, when u think of an heroin addict u tend to think of their portrayed image of the fucked up prostitute or streetie. iwould of never thought of the rich business type using, but then again the media has a lot to do with that.

Oh sorry about the misunderstanding by rich I ment rich kids with rich parents not the business man type but kids that drive $120 000 sports cars realy done up very young in age too 18-25

We usually identify the rich and powerful as being 'COKE HEADS' not Smack heads. But I guess that again has plenty to do with the Media's portrayal on society...

I go to Qld/Bris at least twice a year and in 12 trips i scored Heroin once---No probs getting cheap(very cheap!!!)Oxy and Morphine though...yeah,Meth's everywhere

Obviously there is a H problem in Brisbane,My uncle went to gaol for armed robbery to support his habit and my cousin did 3months for growing Pot for the same reason;(

aloowishus said:
I go to Qld/Bris at least twice a year and in 12 trips i scored Heroin once---No probs getting cheap(very cheap!!!)Oxy and Morphine though...yeah,Meth's everywhere

Obviously there is a H problem in Brisbane,My uncle went to gaol for armed robbery to support his habit and my cousin did 3months for growing Pot for the same reason;(
good conections for somebody that does not live in brisbane I'v never heard of oxys in brisbane and I'v lived here all my life

Easygoing personality and obviously not a cop i guess,besides i have 16 blood aunts and uncles there,not to mention cousins!!!:)

Brisbane's a smaller town than Sydney or Melbourne, and the heroin scene is smaller too. Media stereotypes often have very little to do with reality. I've often been told I don't "look" like a user, despite the fact that I used to have a full-on habit and lived in an area which had as much of a reputation for the drug as did Fortitude Valley and New Farm...

The more visible users are of course going to be the younger ones. I often say, you don't get older, you get smarter - and if you don't, you get banged up or you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.