Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Inpress Magazine (Melb) - WTF?

Bent

Bluelighter
Just picked up a copy of this week's Inpress Magazine (one of Melbourne's street press)...and in their "News of the Week" section of the dance part they've said this...

Sniffer Dogs Hit The Coast
Reports just in have made note that Victoria Police have been busy working down the Mornington Peninsula with sniffer dogs. According to news reportson 774 ABC FM, they've been targeting pubs and clubs on the Peninsula, using sniffer dogs in queues to get in, with rather successful results - more than 100 people were caught possessing ecstacy. One more worring point to come out of this us the type of pills found on punters. A good deal of the recovered ecstacy pills contained iron filings. The filings cut through the stomach lining, thereby bringing about a stronger ecstacy effect as it passes through more easily. Further reports as they come to hand.

What the hell? Don't tell me we're going to have to battle another round of 'glass in pills' media rubbish - and more importantly WTF is Inpress doing spreading this rubbish, they've always been on the ball.

^Really? I'd be interested to see some of these 'glass-laced pills'. Cos I've read hundreds of reports and not one has ever mentioned anything like that.

I've heard countless 3rd hand stories and urban legends which speak of glass in pills, or rat poison in pills, but have yet to hear a single first hand account.

If you have a first hand account I'd be VERY interested to hear it.

Also wrt to the inpress article iron filings wouldn't cut up your insides anyway so it's clearly bullshit. Seriously, you can get a handful of iron filings and rub them vigorously between your palms without hurting yourself, how anyone could believe that they'd shred your stomach just by being there is beyond me.

Bent (or anyone with the article): Can you please scan the article and email it to johnboy[at]enlighten-hr[dot]org. He is keen to chase it up with Inpress and get to the bottom of it. Johnboy believes there is some confusion between this story and an unrelated one where Australian wheat headed to Iraq is allegedly contaminated with iron filings.

Last edited:
^^^
Your link aint working...

Hope jb does indeed get to the bottom of it. It's been quite a number of years since I've seen the "glass/stuff in pills to cut your stomach" story. I figured everyone had finally woken up to that one...

Cowboy Mac said:
Bent (or anyone with the article): Can you please scan the article and email it to johnboy[at]enlighten-hr[dot]org.

On its way.

Surely that's gotta be a piss-take?
Street magazines sometimes go for that kind of thing....?

If so, it's not very funny.

Though its very very unlikely for glass to be in pills ... its happened before. I can remember reading a report on pillreports from around 03 about a pill containing glass. The details are vague at best in my memory, but I believe it was a pound logo of a light blue/green colour. In the supplied photo a piece of glass sticking out of it was clearly evident. I think the user who posted it was constable care but sorry if im wrong, as i stated before its very vague in my memory. I tried to check the archive for it but alas, anything 03 is no longer there. I tihnk it was more a case of a piece of glass accidentally falling into the mixture before pressing than someone purposefully spiking it, as IIRC there were other pounds that looked identical but they contained no glass.

edit: I had a search on bl for a possible thread about this but found none. However in searching I did find this post by soma about another pill containing glass shards

Heres another link about the above mentioned pills

Though the chances of actually getting a pill containing glass are so slim that you needn't worry about it, there still are some roots to the otherwise unfounded rumour.

Last edited:
I just spoke with Dr Caldicott (drplatypus) and he said that the uptake of amphetamines does not increase with a cut stomach. Based on this the Herald Sun angle is highly dubious.

Inpress/Zebra did a piss-take edition last year when it came out on April Fools day but as it's now May, I'm presuming this isn't along the same lines.

I don't think they typically just publish any old rubbish there, from my reading, Inpress/Zebra are pretty cluey when it comes to drugs.

I can point you guys in the right direction if you want to take this up, Andrew James is the editor of Zebra and probably the man responsible for writing or at least sourcing the blurb in question.

His email address is [email protected]

LOL... I used to write for Inpress. They pay their 'journos' fuck all.. they're uni students mostly. In fact, I didn't get paid at all for the 3 feature articles I wrote for them....

I remember splitting a green pill with an apple mac logo back around 2002. I looked at the split and noticed a bit of glass sticking out.

But on closer inspection, i found it to be a crystal. I suspect a MDMA crystal as the pill was very strong.

The weirdest thing i have seen in a pill is paper.

I usualy crush one pill to do a sniff test before I take the others, so if there were shards big enough to cut me inside, I would see them anyway :\

There was this brown pill (no logo,slightly chipped) i had like last year 2004. Smelt like bacon, and throughout the pill it had these shiny metallic pieces. Definately wasn't any crystal MDMA or meth.

Looked like either metal shavings or glass.

Rustyfred also had this pill.

i just want to say to the people that say there is NO GLASS in pills that you are SADLY mistaken because in most pills there is always some glass it cuts up the stomach so the pill gets to the blood flow. i had a green mitsibishi the other day and they had the huge chunks of glass in it but normally they are so well grinded that u cant really see it from naked eye.

baddabing said:
in most pills there is always some glass it cuts up the stomach so the pill gets to the blood flow.

I'd hardly say it happens in "most" pills, its happened but its not very common at all. I'd say the chances of getting a pma containing pill would be far greater than that of getting a glass containing pill. There is also no possible way of getting any positive effects from glass being in pills. The "cuts in stomach" myth is contradicted by this post (which only happens to be a few above yours)

Cowboy Mac said:
I just spoke with Dr Caldicott (drplatypus) and he said that the uptake of amphetamines does not increase with a cut stomach. Based on this the Herald Sun angle is highly dubious.

baddabing said:
i just want to say to the people that say there is NO GLASS in pills that you are SADLY mistaken because in most pills there is always some glass it cuts up the stomach so the pill gets to the blood flow. i had a green mitsibishi the other day and they had the huge chunks of glass in it but normally they are so well grinded that u cant really see it from naked eye.
your ignorance is amusing