• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

e + acid (Candy-Flipping - I'm having second thoughts)

eclipse

Bluelighter
Hi Guys/Girls,

Before I get into my query. A bit of a background. I've been pilling for about 3 years. Once every 4-6 months...... Thanks for pillreports i'm damn anal about testing my pills.. What a fantastic resource!

Ok here's the deal... I'm going to a dance party this weekend and got my usual gear (biccies) with a bunch of good friends....

I've been offered some acid for the weekend. Initially it sounded like a good idea. However, I thought some research would be in order so I did a good search of BL...

Is it just me but........... I'm thinking I shouldn't do it.. I haven't dropped for six months. I haven't been to the venue before.......

I was pretty keen at the start of the week but as each day goes by and by. I'm feeling apprehensive about it..... I suppose this is a good sign????

My mates, (who have done it before) have been pretty good about it. A few of them have candy-flipped a few haven't. Most have said, a dance party is not really the ideal place to try acid for the first time. Some say, just have a 1/3 of a tab, you'll be right.

My guy feel at the moment, is no..... From my reading a lot of the effects of acid have to do with the way that you go into it... If I'm feeling anxious now, I hate to think what I'd be like in there. Tripping out, loud music, new venue, not knowing what to expect...

I'm making the right choice hey??

Cheers.

eclipse said:
My gut feel at the moment, is no.....
Always go with your gut feeling. Especially when it comes to acid.

For me, acid is best enjoyed during the day. This way, you have a better chance of getting to sleep in normal hours after it has worn off.

A club/rave is not somewhere i would recommend a first timer. Try a friend's house, something cosy and comfortable, with a few close friends.

Enjoy.

shorza said:
Always go with your gut feeling. Especially when it comes to acid.

For me, acid is best enjoyed during the day. This way, you have a better chance of getting to sleep in normal hours after it has worn off.

A club/rave is not somewhere i would recommend a first timer. Try a friend's house, something cosy and comfortable, with a few close friends.

Enjoy.
I second everything shorza said. Set plays a large part in the experience so if you do not go into it wanting/ready for the experience then you shouldn't have it.

Set plays a large part in the experience so if you do not go into it wanting/ready for the experience then you shouldn't have it.

Don't get me wrong, it's something I really want to try, but after reading the info on BL it's made me have second thoughts.... I was pretty darn confident at the start of the week about the candy-flip. Then my brain got in the way and said, you better find out about it before you do it! The more I read about flipping on BL the more apprehensive I've become.

The acid we've got are pharoh's. From the reviews of read on BL, they're been reported as fairly weakish (then again, who can really tell....)

Your points are well taken thanks for the help guys. I'll still think it over and let you know what I do. At the moment my decision is no.

I'll just have to find an appropriate place and time to take them.

Cheers!

I candy flipped at a mates 20th party for the first time last saterday. There were heaps of people that i know well there and would usally enjoy talking too... however i just found it too intense and really didnt want to be around the party (as alot of them were drunk).
I spent most of the night with 4 or 5 of my good mates + my girlfriend, and had a much better time with them then i ever would have had at the party.

Its really fucking enjoyable, very very intense, but i wouldnt recomend it for a party atmosphere.

Take half

Thats what i did the first time, went to a party, maggot as too...fuckin loved it ! topped it off with a nite dancing to public domain candyflippin!!

The pill makes the ride alot 'cleaner' as you will feel so fried you feel dirty.

What acid is it btw?

two words "Set" and "Setting"

Where you do it and what you are doing are THE 2 most important things to think about when taking acid.

I would also not recommend candyflipping on your first time. Take the acid on it's own and experience it without anything else, then try a candyflip.

I've had fantastic and pretty horrible times on acid, so be sure you are with people you know as friends and do it where you feel most comfortable, and strap yourself in for the ride :)

Acid should be tried in a safe and familiar surrounding for the first time imo, once you are aware of the effects etc it is safer to experiment with going out into a social environment if you wish. As for candy flipping this again is a pretty good way to ease any anxiety that you may have therefore making it more likely that you will have an enjoyable experience. However the problem with this is that you cannot farely judge the effects that the acid is having.
Hope this helps in some little way?

Acid often brings on what you're already feeling, so i f you take it while feeling even a little anxious, chances are it will heighten that extremely, do wait til you're in a comfortable environment with a few close friends!!

Ok you’ve got two choices, either don’t take it but then again you might in the heat of the moment when you bopping strongly to your MDMA which a backup/escape plan can be created to easily deal with any unwanted psychic disturbance.

1. Have a sufficient amount of valium or another benzo on hand.
2. Only use 1/3 of the blotter (only take this amount, leave the rest at home)
3. Have a good friend who will stick with you.
4. Have cab money and a place where you can go to where you feel safe and secure.
5. Stop reading trip reports and any other stories about tripping.
Your feeling apprehensive, fair enough, you’re doing the physic equivalent of jumping off a plane. So basically create yourself a worst case backup plan that you feel if actioned will assist in calming down the trip. You can tell yourself if it gets all too much that you can always go to dreamland with the valium.

Otherwise don't go hard, take it easy and take much less then you would.

Last edited:
Wow guys..

Thanks for the information. I came back today to check on the messages and here they are!

How's how I see it....

1. A few people have said do it in a safe/secure environment. That I totally understand..

2. Other people have said, be careful the party scene really isn't the best place to try it for the first time.

3. Other people have said that the pharoh's aren't that strong and it should be fairly ok (1/3) to try... Hmmmmmm. That pushes me the other way (that is into doing it).

4. The real problem to be honest is opportunity... Putting it simply... (this problem could start a whole thread on it's own). My wife doesn't know that I drop pills..... She knows I go out (btw, i'm 34 years old),. I usually drop my pills very early in the night and I'm 'usually' pretty much back to normal when I get home. The thing is my wife is working this weekend. The out laws are looking after my 2 yr old daughter and taking her for a trip into the country for a day! It's a opportune time to splash out and go hard without the good wife finding out. That's one of the reasons why I was tempted to candy-flip this weekend.... I won't have another opportunity to go out for another 4-5 months..... See the problem?

either don’t take it but then again you might in the heat of the moment when you bopping strongly to your MDMA which a backup/escape plan can be created to easily deal with any unwanted psychic disturbance.
This is a real danger. If I take the acid with me and i'm going hard on the biccies then there is NO doubt that i'd take the acid....

Question: How safe would it be to take say 1 pill (wait 30-60 mins) and then take 1/3 of the pharoh???

Out of interest, I've got a friend's place to crash in the city straight after the event. The group of people i'm going with are great friends so no probs there.

Thanks again guys!

ps. I've been reading BlueLight for a couple of years now but have never contributed. I'm glad I finally took the plunge and typed a message! <grin>

chugs said:

5. Stop reading trip reports and any other stories about tripping.
Very true. Trip reports are ok to get a basic understanding, but keep in mind that people who write trip reports do so only because they they have had either an ultra good time or an ultra bad time. Don't read the bad ones and think that it will happen to you. It's all about your frame of mind and set/setting.

It sounds like you're still having doubts. Why not take a pill and have an awesome night at the club, and save the acid for a time when you are not in this frame of mind. Don't rush it, wait till the time is right. I waited over 4 years from the time i was interested to the time i actually tried it.

and when i did, it was amazing.

I recommend getting your in-laws to look after your daughter while you and your wife try it together one day. I find that tripping with my girlfriend is so much better than tripping alone. That's if she's that type of person. If she is not, get some close friends together in a comfortable place, take half, chillout and enjoy the ride.

As long as you have a fail safe plan and your confident in your abilities then take the MDMA, take the 1/3 blotter, go for a wacky adventure. Personally i don't like clubbing and tripping as you do tend to get a little intra-respective. if your in the heart of a cit) wander around, go on a 10km hike in the middle of the night watch the city and talk to your friends - go to all the dark little corners and see the things people have hidden Its far more enjoyable to dancing to predictably boring music.

With this you could even choose to take more MDMA, go to some wacky bars you would never go to. Day clubs, strange people and the world awaits.......

First time candyflipping .. best to keep it for during the day outdoors in a secure setting

i went into a trip weary, so told myself i was going to have a good time, and because i believed it, it became a reality.

i was smiling and laughing for 12 hours

Ok,

I've read the comments from the people above and I've made a decision!

It sounds like you're still having doubts. Why not take a pill and have an awesome night at the club, and save the acid for a time when you are not in this frame of mind. Don't rush it, wait till the time is right. I waited over 4 years from the time i was interested to the time i actually tried it.

This is a great comment, thanks shorza! It's the one that finalised my decision. I think the acid can wait till another day! I know that I'm going to have an awesome night with my mates this weekend and not have this cloud of anixety over me! worring about the acid.....

Because I'm so fricking worried about it. The effects, the music etc. I think it would be stupid of me to do it... As said two choices, excellent fun with my mates on the biccies or an unknown on the candy-flip.

Just one question regarding nicethecheese's comment
Just remember the length of acid...
Was this referring to the length of time that acid lasts? It definately last a hell of a lot longer that biccies hey! Now that's something i'll have to be careful in relation to the wife!

Thanks again everyone for the comments.
Cheers!

on another note... knowing that you're hiding it from your wife might just ruin your trip.... is she against drugs? or have you just never thought to invite her to do them with you? anyway, now that you have decided against it, i guess it's not such an issue... but when you do take it, it might not be good to be feeling guilty over hiding the things you enjoy from the person you love most in the world....

i have never candy flipped,
but i thought, i might be able to comment on acid in a club/party enviroment.

personally first time taking acid, i belive should be enjoyed by itself, for some reason, i also believe the daytime to be the best time.

i used to take acid quite often at clubs/partys and to be honest for me it is the ultimate 'dance' drug, way surpassing mdm*(whatever i was prolly taking ,lol)

candy flipping is something i would want to do, and most prolly will do, but i personally would feel more confident knowing the effects of each substance on there own, as i would, as opposed to taking a substance for the first time while experiencing the effects of anthoer substance.
but that is not to say that i believe the effects to be negative, not at all, but i beleive that something that plays an even larger role than the substance's is the mind ie set and setting,
not that that was a concern of mine when i was younger.

i know that me personally would like to have more acid, than mdma(i would 100% know wat i was taking, ok, as % as i could possible know) so going into it blind, IMHO is not wise, as it would not allow for the best result.
some one else may prefer more mdm(whatertheyprefer) less acid, but how are YOU going to know this, if its your first time with one of the drugs ??

what i would do is buy the acid, keep it for a rainy day.

if that makes sense.