Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"safe injecting rooms"

pharmy1717

Bluelighter
im interested in people's thoughts on the kings cross "safe injecting room"?? do people use it/find it useful/think it is a good idea? any thoughts appreciated, thanks

I've beeing only once there in "the gallery", had to go through the whole fucking registration procedure, answering questions sort of like I would apply for a home loan.
But it's all anonymous and I think the whole project is a good thing no doubt about it.
Nice clean and friendly and quite.
Shot some coke sunday morning there still rollin on e, started to talk loud shit with my mate till the security guys asked us friendly to leave.
We left with a smile :)

For me a beautiful thing but most important is this for all the smack junkies especially in such areas like kx.
Positive!

I don't use it but I think it's a great idea. Why should people inject on the street in an area that attracts large crowds. Keeps needles off the street and creates a safer atmosphere as well.

Yeah thats a weird one. There are "injecting rooms"but Hey!!! "dont even think about drug testing for harm minimisation at raves!!

I think it's a good idea. Junkies are going to be junkies, and they're going to shoot up. By providing a safe environment in which to do it, you can help with other problems such as needle sharing and overdoses.

But if you want a well balanced perspective on injecting rooms, it might be a good idea to ask in other places than Bluelight.

i don't know whether its such a good idea - i mean there is a level of romantism that i certaintly appreciate when i'm shooting up behind some apartments at cabbramatta - fuck i love lolling my head in a heroin daze (sitting in the gutter of course) oblivious to my crying child or the dirty looks from those snobby "norms"....

how can they judge my way of life until they've tried it for themselves.

Bliss is in the eye of the beholder

;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by MoonlapseVertigo

But if you want a well balanced perspective on injecting rooms, it might be a good idea to ask in other places than Bluelight. [/B]

bahahahhahahahahahahaha...
now seriously.. heroin has always been a fucked thing to use in my oppinion and seeing junkies in the street is even worse but shooting up near your kids is just fuckin wrong.. even if it was a joke it wasnt that funny
injecting rooms are a good idea though.. get junkies off the street n hope their offspring dont crawl onto their used needles n catch their aids

^ I'm not real fond of the J* word - it comes across a bit prejudiced. Many in the broader community don't make much distinction between ecstasy users and heroin users - we're all junkies in their eyes.

^^^ I have to agree. The amount of times I have been called an adict or a junkie because I prefer certain chemicals over alcohol is annoying. Most of the time it comes from daily drinkers, but drinking is alright and completely safe with no adictive potential because it is a legal drug.

I object to people who stereotype all IV heroin users as having AIDS... how ignorant is that? I've used needles for nine years and don't have either Hepatitis nor the HIV virus... don't believe the hype, people, not all heroin users are "junkies" and not all are diseased...

To be honest if it keeps the streets clean from needles I'm all for it.

But I do see a double standard I'm not comfortable with (which has been touched on). Where's my safe rack room? Why can't I test my pills?

Also, on a side note, why the hell would you want to shoot up there? Surely you'd be far more comfortable at your own place? I've never been inside one of the rooms, but the photos I saw didn't make it look the most ideal room to get smacked up in?

I think the aim of the safe injecting room was to try remove needles and other paraphanelia from the public areas.. racking up and taking pills doesnt realy effect the public (like seeing needles in play equipment does), so why would they bother putting spending money on iniatives that aim for harm minimisation... I guess ppl would use them because of the safety value- shoot up in a house and overdose, chances r there wont b ppl to resuscitate u until the ambo comes...