Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug use in the work place

waspman⌐

Bluelighter
A friend of mine was telling me the other day about the use of drugs where he works. Obviously im not going to say who he works for or where, but basically its manual labour in a confined space.
He was telling me that the guys he works with (theres about 10 - 20 of them working together at any one time) usually have some speed and smoke some pot together before, during and after work. One person who has a good speed contact will bring in some 'base' and someone else who has a good weed contact will bring in a few grams of choof. its sort of a rotating roster for those who can come thru with the goods cheaply and whenever they can do it.

my mate says that when they get to the site, they'll pass a few joints around, then all have a few dabs and basically just really enjoy working in an otherwise SHIT job.

The idea of having a few lines before work has greatly appealled to me a few times, however, since i am self employed i wouldnt DARE take the chance of any clients getting suspiscious about myself being on anything.

it got me thinking, how many of you out there really get on the gear when your at work? are there any long distance truck drivers reading this? maybe some 24 hour console operators? Have you ever been caught?

mods, feel free to delete/alter or whatever this thread. i searched for 'work' before i posted though and couldnt find anything.

oh and also, the ages of these guys ranges from early 20's to early 50's

i did once, but that was only coz i forgot i was suposed to work, then i got a call to come in... oh that was a fun night... hahah...
everyone was like, wow, you are really funny and fast tonight... yeah.. hahah

I worked for a major supermarket chain during while doing uni. I then picked up another job as well. This resulted in me working 70 hour weeks and doing full time uni. For a period of time it seemed that the only way that I could get through the day was to take a stimulant like dexies. I only did it for a few weeks until uni settled down and I don’t think that I would put myself in that situation again. While working at this supermarket I knew of one guy who regularly came to work after doing speed. A number of ‘checkout chicks’ I knew also came to work under the influence of various stims. A few night fill guys I knew also used to smoke pot before work and even smoke a joint when on break. Although I don’t condone it, I suppose it is one of the ‘safer’ workplaces to take drugs.

So if you are at a supermarket and the checkout operator seems a bit talkative, maybe you should check out their pupils! :)

I work at a supermarket, doing night work, and the amount of drug users is pretty high. We have a few guys who always come to work stoned, and some others who sometimes come in on a cocktail of whatever. Plus most of the people there partake in the chemical scene from time to time, but don't come to work afterwards.

My personal policy is to never go into work under the influence of anything, but I've certainly made some good contacts through there.

I work at a supermarket and have gone in many a sunday morning with 1 or so hours sleep and very very wide eyed. There's nothing like a tingle down the spine whilst serving a customer, and keeping busy during the comedown significantly reduces the comedown for me.

I did this three weeks in a row the other month and when i went for the next shift (straight) i realised i'd forgotten how fuckin boring my job actually is.

However i wouldn’t take drugs to go to work. I just don’t like sacrificing a good night because of work.

Also, if it was my career and not just a job I do whilst studying, I’d be much more inclined to not rock up to work still smashed from the night before.

I do casual work at a local supermarket and i've been to work stoned and jacked on ritalin before. Obviously I achieve more some days rather than others ;). I imagine it would be funny to see the video tapes of my work patterns as when i'm stoned i'm really lethargic and trudge around the aisles doing jack shit whereas if i've had some ritalin i'm normally dancing around the isles listening to some chemical brothers or the like. Generally speaking however, I prefer to go to work sober. Going to work stoned is not a good idea - in fact it makes everything drag on that much longer. I've only had ritalin twice at work and that was after two very late nights with a buttload of work and school work ahead.

This subject was touched on in "Inappropriate times to do drugs" which is a thread in which several people include 'At Work' as a time that is, both in retrospect and in the interests of continued longer-term employment, probably not the best time to be high.

BigTrancer :)

I work at a rather large 24hr gambling establishment, and i can tell u that there is no shortage of people that work under the influence there. Many smoke before work, but also a fair share who do speed & even a few who do pills or coke occasionally before work. There are heaps who come in on very little or no sleep after a big night &/or day still scattered.
Myself i have done all of the above except coke before work, the pill made for an interesting night, i must say it improved my customer service to a fair degree, and all the flashing lights kept me amused when i wasn't busy :) Having said that its not something i intend of making a habit of, even though it has only ever had a positive effect on my work

I have worked as a high end CAD designer, Design Engineer and Project Manager in the Automotive industry for the past 10 years and have frequently taken drugs at work. The use of BMK and Speed helps greatly with the mundane organisational aspects of the job with ecstacy and weed asisting with the conceptual and design elements.

JoKeRsWiLd 8(

I work in a law firm and can't remember the last time I hadn't had at least 5 cones by lunch time. I used to look down on it but then one day I tried it...actually I guess I can remember the last time.

However I would never come to work after a night on chems, or even a heavy night on the booze, let alone doing it at work. Not because of some irrational moral view, more it would be too obvious and painfull.

I work for a finance company..contacting clients constantly on the phone..so i could in theory get away with it...wouldnt dare though ahaha. I have got a friend who is a baker though, smokes up and does speed/coke at work, or just drinks. NEVER buying from their bakery :p

Working on the comedown (well, lack thereof more like it) has turned me off ever wanting to do drugs at work :p

I do it a lot. Probably more than I should. Its hard to conceal when your working face to face with people everyday. (I work in tourism)
Never anything serious mind you, perhaps after a night out on MDxx or with a little booster of speed, dexies or some cold and flu tablets to get you through. I work 6 days a week and my usual day off is during the week. So if you want to go out and get blasted you have to come down as you go to work.... its really not fun at all... highly painful... but you get used to it after a while.

at a few call centres i used to work at the Teamleaders used to smoke up in a alley next to the building (funny enough dead in the city). most of kids coming in to work on a saturday or sunday were usually blasting from a night on the go or MDMA

used to know a manager that took go everyday (performance enhancing)....done the tripping at work thing (mis-judged the strenght of it), and a few other things (coke/smack etc). Used to work at a place that (call centre) it was custom to drink 4-8 beers at lunch (1-2hr lunches) and come back to work blasted...bad when your arguing with a customer and slurring your words (and you getting sleepy).

um don't do this stuff anymore though - definately not the way to get ahead in @ work

Spent a year while at Uni working on weekends in a hardware store & recovering from the night before. I had a coworker who would nip out for a smoke at lunch time - but I had enough trouble staying awake as it was! This bloke dropped a trip one day & I had to cover for him as he was completely unable to deal with customers without bursting into hysterical laughter. We worked in the plumbing department & made a nanger - the other part of the shop sold bulbs back in the day when it was just on the shelves - not behind the counter. Funnily enough - the stock of bulbs completely ran out after a few weeks, and never got re-ordered because there were no actual sales ;) Nothing like sucking down a few while hiding behind the fittings shelves and then bursting out to serve a customer =D

As far as whizz on the job - the people I know who get right into that work late shifts - in pubs/clubs, or as riggers for events companies. Don't blame 'em - but I bet they can't keep it up for ever.

Freakazoid69 said:
I work at a rather large 24hr gambling establishment

If it involves more than just pokies, I used to work at the same place.
Dont remember being on anything during the shift but been scattered many times, not fun watching a ball go round and round and round and round... 8(

I've always been in jobs with alot of customer interaction and have resisted, most times.

During my gap years between year 12 and futher study I worked in the flooring carpentry industry. At one company I worked for it seemed every single floor sander smoked joints all day long. Actually I have never met a floor sander that dosent do this.
My self and another fixing carpenter used to get on the meth now and then. It made for a more productive day usually. But looking back i just feel lucky that I didn't chop off any fingers while whizzing of my tits.

I certainly dont plan to use drugs when I am working in my chosen career.

i work at a local video library, and sometimes through a series of events i am high before work. Its both bad and awesome at the same time, in the way that it A. drags on forever but B. i can watch whatever i want on 4 tv's.

So i dont know, its pretty cool, but i wouldnt recommend people do it, if one bitchy/idiotic customer comes in they could take steps to see u ran out of the video business. or your boss could find you and fire you.

never been to work high. At the moment I'm working in a bakery, and while it might be alright to be there with all the food - too much dirty cleaning, carrying and serving customers to warrant it. I'd consider it if I was working with people who weren't fucking 14, but as it stands I have to be on their case to even get out on time...if I was high, we'd be there all night

ive gone to work with no sleep and pingin of gear wasn't bad but then i came down and went home so i prob do it again. but take more gear lol.
ive gone to a mates funeral on gear up fro 4 days. i guess thatsmy way of copping though. specialy when 4 of your best mates die in 1 month.
:(