Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: The First 48 Hours (A&E reality show)

Belisarius

Bluelighter
"The First 48 Hours" -- A&E reality show

I saw this great program on A&E last night called "The First 48 Hours"; I have no idea if it's a series or not. Basically it's a real-life CSI show set in Miami, and following two homicide cases with two sets of detectives from the time the bodies were found to the time they busted the perps. As one might guess, the show covers the first 48 hours of the case, and there's a running clock at the bottom of the screen showing how much time has elapsed.

In short, it was a great show, and it increased the already great respect I have for these people who--often at the cost of their private lives--go out and solve murders. Not to mention that it was a fascinating character study of the detectives, how they work, their camaraderie, and how communities respond to crime and police pressures.

Did anyone else catch this program?

Yes I used to watch it, it isn't on anymore now which is a shame. I found it to be quite interesting, especially the cases which involved gangs.

yeah, watched this for the first time last week....might be on again tonight???:).........was really impressed with the grittiness and no hold bars approach to the making of it...

Re: "The First 48 Hours" -- A&E reality show

Belisarius said:
Basically it's a real-life CSI show set in Miami

all episodes aren't set in miami, i saw one which was set in kansas city. and another one (although it might have been a different show) was set in indiananapolis.

This show is great and I believe it airs on Sun. nights between Family Plots and Intervention.

I like the show in theory but I find it frustrating sometimes because so few of the cases get solved. Not like I expect all the cases to get solved in a succint amount of time but I wish they would follow the case for a month instead.

Thanks for the heads-up on the showtime...know that I remember, "Family Plots" did come on right after the program I saw.

I would kill to get to see this. Bloody Australian tv!! sounds like my kind of show.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the first 48hours movie. Ya know the one with eddie murphey and nick nolte?

"MAN LOOK AT ALL THAT DIRT ON MAH CAR!"

Geez-A said:
I would kill to get to see this. Bloody Australian tv!! sounds like my kind of show.

this is on fox geez, the CI network runs it in Aus

Beagle said:
I thought this was going to be a thread about the first 48hours movie. Ya know the one with eddie murphey and nick nolte?

"MAN LOOK AT ALL THAT DIRT ON MAH CAR!"

ROFL :D