• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tinctures

Thizzin

Bluelighter
Well I tried to make some of this stuff I put about 2 g's of keif into a little dropper thing wit some 151 Bacardi well any ways it was allright not anything special. I thought it was a waste of keif. Anyone know if I did this right?:|

LOL. Well, it should've just worked.. I don't know what you've done wrong, use a bigger amount of kief & liquid next time or something, see if that helps.

I think I was drunk as hell and didnt feel the high to much. I think its a waste of keif also I'll make some soon and add more keif. Anyone make them keif capsules now they get you lit:|

Keef is fine just smoked. If you have pretty pure crystals (whitish-green clear, not the dark green keef you normally buy), you can snort them, but they have to be pretty damn pure. As far as tincture goes, maybe get it concentrated, then swish it around in your mouth. It might take a while to affect you cuz you're eating it, so try it sober and see how long it takes to come on.

You really need liquids that are 90% alcohol and higher to make decent tinctures, as THC is insoluble in water, and even a little can drastically alter the max amount you can dissolve in a millilitre of the alcohol/water mixture

yucatanboy said:
If you have pretty pure crystals (whitish-green clear, not the dark green keef you normally buy), you can snort them, but they have to be pretty damn pure. .

are you serious?

try making green dragon
have a recipe will look for it and post it here

"Green Dragon"

Green Dragon is a potent cannabis drink made from strong proof drinking alcohol. it should never be drank straight as its too strong. Blue Gatorade is an excellent mixer

1 bottle of "everclear". approx. 250ml 95% grain alcohol. ask the clerk at the liquor store...sometimes they keep it behind the counter. it is banned in some states/provinces. vodka wont work. if you cant find any at the stores, either make your own with a reflux still or take a drive into the country and purchase some moonshine from a local hillbilly.
3.5g of green. ***I use quality bud not leaves, trim or shwagg so i do not know the ratios for those***
1 coffee grinder, bud buster or a pair of scissors if your in a pinch
5 coffee filters
1 glass jar
1 funnel
1) grinder the green up very well and add to the bottle of everclear.
2) shake it everday or so.
3) resist the urge to drink it. miniumum time is 2 weeks. ive had some that was close to a year old and it blew the pants off everyone. so, like a fine wine it improves with age.
4)take the glass jar and put all the coffee filters on the mouth of it.
5)pour the green dragon into it. it'll take a while to filter
6) now sqeeze every last drop from the filters as there is still a bit in there.
7) rinse out any particles that was in the original bottle and put a funnel on top. put the green dragon back in the original bottle.

you now have filtered green dragon. 1 shot is equal to smoking a fat one by yourself and taking 2-3 shots of vodka so dont drive on this!!! DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN 1 SHOT!!!!!

hey

lemme get things clear, Your trying to put alchol on weed and then smoke the weed? or are you trying to put the alchol and weed together and strain the liqur and drink that? weed has to be cooked to make the THC get you high. And smoking liquor doesnt get you high, so i don't really see what the point is...

digital

lemme get things clear, Your trying to put alchol on weed and then smoke the weed? or are you trying to put the alchol and weed together and strain the liqur and drink that? weed has to be cooked to make the THC get you high. And smoking liquor doesnt get you high, so i don't really see what the point is...

First, understand that alcohol extracts THC from cannabis (the alcohol leeches the THC from the plant matter). Weed + alcohol does not have to be heated for an effective extraction. Heat is only really neccessary when using oils or fats to extract THC (i.e. cannabutter/edibles). After the cannabis sits in the alcohol for long enough, the THC will be in the liquid so BobJ suggested straining out the plant matter and drinking the THC-infused alcohol to catch a buzz.

Yes but you must decarb first heat your cannabis in an oven around between 180 -220 for 15-20 min ... But I'm new at this and having trouble navigating the site .... So I don't know if this is the proper thread. But a little awhile ago I was trying to make a tincture out of vegetable glycerin and bho and it was like vacuum purged to the point of shatter ... So. It wasn't dissolving in the glycerin very well so I read .. That you can use soy lecithin as an emusilfer .. I used the granule kind at the time that's all I knew of .. It worked to dissolve the bho ... And I later added some dry cannabis A couple grams just to make sure it worked well ..... But now I'm thinking I may have mis read the information in the first place ..... Is it possible to use soy lecithin help infuse vegetable glycerin ? If so does it decrease shelf life ? Or limit ways I can use it now ?

I use lecithin with coconut oil all the time and it's awesome. It makes a noticeable difference in potency. I use the powder because the granules suck. I've never heard of using it with glycerin but it should work, given what I know about how lecithin works. The pills I make last a couple of months at least (I haven't kept any longer than that so I don't know how long they last beyond that). Lecithin doesn't limit a tincture any way that I can think of.

In my experience glycerin is absolutely awful as a solvent, though. Oil and alcohol are much more effective. Glycerin is difficult to work with and it's capacity to hold the relevant chemicals is poor. I've made glycerin tinctures with and without heat, decarbed and not decarbed. They were all weak and disappointing. Even after two months they were poor.