Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill names/prints

stulic

Bluelighter
Lots of times I was wondering where the hell are the pillmakers getting the ideas from for all those pill prints and their names?

Like for example the mitsubitshies, toyotas, vws, mercedes', ferraries... Why did they put a logo of a car make on an ecstasy pill?
OK the idea of representing speed is understandable but it's actually a very good underground advertisement.
Did the pill manufacturer get some cash from the car maker, or does he just drives and likes the particular car make?
Stupid question I know but I was just thinkin about it.

Furthermore there have been lots of pretty dumb pill names like McDonalds, Calvin Klein, Armani, Rolex, Mtv, Apple, or even dumber @, Fish, A, 1, Dollar, Euro, Elephant, Tulip, Palmtree ... ... ...

Thousands more which do not have any reasonable association with the substance or anything else that's connected to the effects of the drug.
There are also all the overused names like love, heart, sun, eye, smiley, airplane, wings, butterfly, superman... which somehow represent the effects.

I wouldn't wonder if I knew that some of those pillmakers are somehow supported from particular brands to use their trademark as a pill print, but perhaps they're just run out of ideas.
:D

Maybe they choose different stamps everytime so its harder to get pills traced back to you. Think about it, if you are always pumping out blue dolphins, it wouldn't be too long till the cops find their way up the food chain to bust your ass. A bit of alternation is surely going to throw the cops off the trail.

It's a marketing ploy as well as being able to differentiate themselves. If every pill was plain and white you wouldn't get people saying "oh those <name> are great" and demand wouldn't occur. I think you are reading into it too much.

KostoN said:
Maybe they choose different stamps everytime so its harder to get pills traced back to you. Think about it, if you are always pumping out blue dolphins, it wouldn't be too long till the cops find their way up the food chain to bust your ass. A bit of alternation is surely going to throw the cops off the trail.
That's a good point I never though about.
But I saw different looking pills means having different colors and prints but actually beeing all and the same pill, same press, same effects, same dimensions and most probably same ingredients, like the last butterflies, cloves and the palmtrees.
Cowboy Mac said:
It's a marketing ploy as well as being able to differentiate themselves. If every pill was plain and white you wouldn't get people saying "oh those <name> are great" and demand wouldn't occur.
I know than explain me why people make dirty or bunk pills?
Originally posted by Cowboy Mac
I think you are reading into it too much.
Maybe but some names are really funny, so I often though about where they get the ideas from.
:|

stulic said:
Lots of times I was wondering where the hell are the pillmakers getting the ideas from for all those pill prints and their names?
:D

From this thread of course. ;) It's somewhat scary how many of the logos people describe in that thread have actually cropped up as pills in the years since then.

stulic said:
I know than explain me why people make dirty or bunk pills?
You really need me to tell you? For the money. They can make them cheap and sell them to a person that is happy to pay for it, unless it's someone who tests their pills.

I think your also making a mistake in comparing the stamps on the pills to the effects of the pills, the meaning of the stamps on pills have absolutely no impact on what the pill does or how it effects you.

Personally i know it sounds pathetic but i love buying pills with names it is a bit more excitement than saying yeh have a blanc tonight, if u have a pill that looks cool i dunno i just get more phsyced about it haha, but that is just me i spose

^^ me to. i no it makes absolutely no difference but when u get a pill with a nice colour or a wicked press its just fun. its part of the novelty i guess, like with bongs, a kool bong doesnt get u any higher buy people still buy them.

stupid question i think...

I never actually had the thought cross my mind - ever, about why people used cool logos...
i figured it was just for "names" sake... so it has a name, and can be indentifable.. meaning in some way, it's personified and given an identity that defines it from other pills...

I do enjoy having some cool picture on my bix.. just adds to the novelty..