• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

WHY are pills so expensive in the USA?

sam-in-london

Ex-Bluelighter
i have read many threads on prices and what i can gather ,your weed is reasonably cheap,your coke is fair priced,,,,,,but $25 for a single ecstacy pill!!!!!!!!!

not wanting to rub it in but i could walk out of my house now go to a mates house and get just ONE pill for $2 (£1)..........i doubt anyone in the US could get that in bulk!!!!

oh well guess you guys get cheap bigmacs so all is cool?!

thats cuz its flown across the world. when i went to colombia i got coke for cheaper than i can get a beer at a bar here in america. ecstasy was rather expensive in colombia. i know u cant have specific price discussion so i wont post numbers.

/\ oh thats why?!?!?! last time i checked a flight to new york J.F.K was £250 return.....
im looking for a better answer than that sherlock

Because we are capitalists pigs?
Seriously though, it seems the further south you go in the states, the more expensive it gets.

Why is cocaine 1/5 the price in Columbia than it is in the UK? Because the price of a drug increases the more hands it goes through, and generally the larger than distance from the source, the more hands and the higher the price. Most MDMA is European made.

i mean, its also the demand. if people are willing to pay 20 for them, then they will be sold at 20. if you dont wanna pay that much for a pill then u wont get one. its simple as that. its like how at a movie theater they sell popcorn at a ridiculous price.

not wanting to rub it in but i could walk out of my house now go to a mates house and get just ONE pill for $2 (£1)..........i doubt anyone in the US could get that in bulk!!!!

Clearly, we need more smuggling. :)

Beyond simply having much much higher border security between producer European nations and the US (compared to within the member EU nations) I suspect that the European trade is structurally different from the US trade; my suspicion is that western European users are gobbling more pills in a year (increased volume) and congregating more around easily identifiable (and supplied) geographical locations and events, with a more relaxed culture that makes it easier to seek out buyers and suppliers alike. The US might have as many or even more users than England...but they're often spread out over huge distances and generally trying to keep a low profile.

Isn't it also because some of the ingrediants are illegal to purchase in the USA and Australia but not in parts of europe? don't quote me on this.... it's a guess... but yeah, it's not just the USA that pay ridiculous amounts... Australia is also unfortunate

Most of the ingredients are illegal in Eastern Europe too but corruption is rife. Due to various shitty exchange rates and the huge gap between "rich and poor" in some countries a bribe of 3 months wags to a policeman might equate to $100 in US money. To a criminal halling 20 kilos of safrole oil, thats nothing, to the guy he just bribed it'll put food on his table for several months!

wow, im starting to thin itd be cheaper to just fly to the u.k. stock up and bring a stash back with you to the u.s.

If you can get 25 $ a piece, it must be very profitable to start producing E in the states...

Isn't that like the laws-of-markets, when the profit is that high, people do want to start producing isn't it?

In Holland, i get my E for free...when i order some coke

Yes i thought it was something to do with the precursors.
i heard Meth is produced in clandestine labs in some states.....surely a wee bit extra work and you could knock out some mdma.

if in 5 years time,and my life is inevitably shitty,fuck it i'd take the risk

sam-in-london said:
Yes i thought it was something to do with the precursors.
i heard Meth is produced in clandestine labs in some states.....surely a wee bit extra work and you could knock out some mdma.

AFAIK MDMA is far harder to produce than Meth, plus the precursors for Meth are a lot easier to come by.

Meth needs about 4 or 5 ingredients, all of which can be salvaged from various over the counter products (its just a matter of getting them in decent quantities without being arrested). Meth's main precursor is (pseudo)epherdine, which is in loads of decongestant medications you can buy anywhere. MDMA's precursors, such as safrole oil are watched chemicals, even in quantities of a few grams, and its practically impossible to get without the DEA becoming aware of you, certainly much much more difficult than pseudoephedrine.

AlphaNumeric said:
Meth needs about 4 or 5 ingredients, all of which can be salvaged from various over the counter products (its just a matter of getting them in decent quantities without being arrested). Meth's main precursor is (pseudo)epherdine, which is in loads of decongestant medications you can buy anywhere. MDMA's precursors, such as safrole oil are watched chemicals, even in quantities of a few grams, and its practically impossible to get without the DEA becoming aware of you, certainly much much more difficult than pseudoephedrine.

that explains a lot...

I've heard dutch producers get there stuff from Ukraine and countries like that...
the only small problem is to get in over the border with Poland, and you only need a a little bribery for that.

sam-in-london said:
/\ im looking for a better answer than that sherlock

HOW BOUT A BIG OL AMERICAN FUCK YOU!

pOstIng To bRaG

btw not every pill is 25.00 singles can go from 7-10 and yes bulk can get down to 2 on rare occasions but more like 3-4.00

i can get whatever i wanted for 2 bucks PLUS an eight ball of molly...

my boy hooks me up like crazy

oh yeah, and if i buy in bulk, he'll throw a sheet of some trip in there too... wo0t

Why is methamphetamine not around in Western-Europe? Ephedrine can still be bought in some smartshops... It's all just regular amphetamine, some with a little meth(the kind that screws you over for days).
Is it just because amphetamine is prefered due to it's shorter duration & less psychotic behaviour?

Blatant source request removed.
Original in Worst of BL forum. 8)

-BlueAdonis

Last edited by a moderator: