• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

MTV 2 vs. MTV

captainballs

Bluelighter
I give my vote to MTV 2 as the most watched out of the two in my humble abode. There are more videos, the commercials are trippy, there are a lot more rap videos (and someone like the Ying Yang Twins or Trick Daddy will host), and there are a lot more older videos. You can also catch repeats of Beavis and Butthead just to see how much it sux balls now. I can't think of all the ways it's better right now...

... but there are good things about MTV that almost make it tie with MTV 2. For instance: Boiling Point, Punk'd. It's a tough call in many ways, but I just find my dial on MTV 2 more often. Really though, they both compliment each other perfectly. Opinions?

ashtonkutcher21.jpg

I don't ever watch TV, but I was at my buddy's place last night and he had MTV2 on. They were advertising a bunch of shows that are going to be broadcast on MTV2.

Does this mean that MTV2 is going to be polluted with crap like MTV was? Are they going to come out with MTV3 in order to have a place to show videos so they can still retain the name "Music Television" without being a total fraud?

What a fucking joke this network has become. 8(

Finder said:
I don't ever watch TV, but I was at my buddy's place last night and he had MTV2 on. They were advertising a bunch of shows that are going to be broadcast on MTV2.

Does this mean that MTV2 is going to be polluted with crap like MTV was? Are they going to come out with MTV3 in order to have a place to show videos so they can still retain the name "Music Television" without being a total fraud?

What a fucking joke this network has become. 8(

I think it's pretty rash to generalize about something that you've watched so little of. The MTV2 I've watched is pretty good. They actually showed a really cool animation from the Gorillaz's new album last night. Most of the time, I watch MTV2 late at night where there are (often) excelllent music videos being played.

I guess I am judging it from the sequence of programming they were advertising, but looking at the shows, I can't see how my opinion isn't realistic especially compared to what happened on MTV. :\

What I am saying is that it might not suck now, but how long until it too is overrun with garbage?

Originally posted by AmorRoark
When did I say it was unrealistic? Rash means harsh.

I'm not disagreeing that my original statement was rash, but reenforcing that it is realistic.

Why be negative about something that is *good* now?

Yes, it's going to eventually suck but so will most things.

Because I'm bitter and jaded that MTV played a huge part in ruining popular music by disregarding talent and promoting image.

You're bitter and jaded about a lot of things it seems.

Touche though.

I just wish MTV actually played music videoes and they were so sensitive to the subject matter of videoes that get aried. MTv2 seemed hopeful at first.. it had a nice long playlist.. it had indie artists on it, mainstream artists.. it felt how music tv should have been.. but then it went to crap too.

I personally like imagery to enhance my music, i just despise music that depends on imagery as it's main selling point.

Has anyone seen that dope opera thing called'top buzzer'? Ive seen bits of it, thought it was decent..i like the new idea of the show and respect MTV2 for putting it on. Dunno if its on in the US, it's a british thing.

I think the channel has been toned down abit to normal MTV level though, but not too much.

Up in Canada we have much music. It used to be good, about 10 years ago, then some executive decided to mold it in the image of MTV in the states. Now it's polluted with crappy shows, about crappy bands, when all I want to see are some good videos. Who even watches the crappy shows on there any way?

^^I figured out why they have those crappy shows: if you don't really sit down and watch TV much, like me, that mindless shit really works as background TV.