Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nos sale 'officially' illegal

Cyberdyne

Bluelighter
Associate Health Minister Jim Anderton says following a legal review, authorities will now be warning individuals it is illegal to sell and buy nitrous oxide to inhale.

Mr Anderton said the latest advice concludes there is a basis for enforcement action to be taken against those selling nitrous oxide or possessing it. This advice looked at alternative legal remedies under the Medicines Act to remedies previously considered but rejected.

Nitrous oxide is a prescription medicine, and under the Medicines Act it is illegal to sell prescription medicines without a prescription from a health professional. To do so would be an offence which carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison or a $1000 fine. There is also an offence to possess prescription medicines without reasonable excuse (penalty is three months in prison or $500 fine).

Mr Anderton said that because this is new advice, it is probably unfair to immediately begin to prosecute those who would now be considered to be acting illegally, but who prior to this were unaware that they were acting illegally. This is why it would be expected that Police and health enforcement officials would initially be giving out warnings, and no doubt there will be an appropriate time from which prosecutions would begin should illegal sales continue.

Mr Anderton said that there would continue to be legitimate uses for nitrous oxide such as a fuel for high performance engines in drag racing and also as a propellant in manufactured foods like whipped cream.

He said obviously police and health officials would use their discretion in applying the law, but as a safeguard the Government would be moving to make regulations under the Medicines Act so that these legitimate used would be able to continue. None of these legitimate uses involve inhaling nitrous oxide.

He said that there were some obvious dangers associated with misuse of nitrous oxide. There included:
- harm to lungs from inhalation
- freeze burns to lips from inhaling nitrous oxide directly from the nozzle of dispensers
- anaesthesia (falling asleep - which can be deadly if driving)
- losing consciousness and collapsing
- choking on vomit while unconscious.

Mr Anderton said that he had tremendous sympathy for parents who were concerned at retailers currently selling nitrous oxide in balloons solely for the purpose of inhaling the gas. This new interpretation of the law, means we can move to put an end to inhaling nitrous oxide where it has not been prescribed for use by a health professional

No link to source sorry.

Cyberdyne said:
- anaesthesia (falling asleep - which can be deadly if driving)

AAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

carry on :\

A sad day for us nang-whores, I'm sure :(

It is from NZ, a quick google search on Associate Health Minister Jim Anderton yields only NZ articles. In future stating where the article came from in lieu of a link would be helpful.

What a backward step from the NZ government...

Half of Anderton's 'dangers' list criteria can also be applied to alcohol, but this is obvious, and so is the hypocrisy, so I won't bother knobbing on about it.

As for freeze burns, well he shouldn't be 'tremendously sympathetic' toward people who buy balloons full of nitrous - he ought to applaud the consideration of the retailers who package doses in balloons so that there aren't too many crusty-lipped folks walking around Aotearoa :)

And I'm curious to know what kind of damage to the lungs he is referring to, and what the implications are for the medical use of nitrous. Presumably none, since any damage to the lungs is most likely caused with the improvisational use of nitrous, but the problem there is not so much with the nitrous as with the administration.

Goodluck with safely finding your way around any govt moves to spoil your fun, Kiwi friends!

I was about to say, what kind of idiot takes nangs while driving, and then i remeber my friends have already done that.

*e* hillairty ensueud, no one was hurt :)

^ I remeber someone telling me a story about bulbing in the back seat of a mate's car as they were driving. He threw a used bulb out the window and it went through the rear winscreen of a parked car 8o Needless to say, they drove off real fast. Unfortunately, the owner was in the car when his windscreen smashed, and he happened to be an off-duty cop - ended up having to pay for the guy's windscreen , but that's all. This was back in the 80s - I doubt the copper would have realised what the bulb were for ;)

Notice how Anderton talks about medical grade nos. This means all the nos bars using medical grade nos operating in NZ will have to either shut down or switch to food grade nos from bulbs.
You can still buy bulbs from dairies as long as you say it's for whipping cream if the dairy owner is worried enough to ask.
I think people will still be able to crack bulbs at events, it will only stop people using tanks in public.

i love driving and bulbing (smoking dope and tripping to boot)- seriously when the everything is feeling fucking good, and the world is warping into an insane alien scape.

Its the only way to drive.

what what? they sell nos in pre packaged balloons? since when?
oh and chugs... unless you were being sarcastic.... it's people like you that spoil the drug experience for the rest of us.... stupid behaviour like that is what makes politicians make these laws in the first place

chugs said:
i love driving and bulbing (smoking dope and tripping to boot)- seriously when the everything is feeling fucking good, and the world is warping into an insane alien scape.

Its the only way to drive.

That would have to be one of the most rediculously stupid and dangerous things to do I have ever heard. Surely you can't be serious.... driving while inhaling NOS 8(

Maybe they should be made illegal.

Who inhales nos from the individual canisters? Thats silly! Use a cream whipper!

using "Nangs" while driving is pretty stupid, but that would be one less stupid person on the road... potentially one less stupid parent! Natural selection

Mmmkaythnx all you aussies crying crocodile tears at our misfortune.
Of course we won't mention that there's a whole bunch of legal highs available that replicate eccy, trips and whizz (in some cases are even better than eccy that I've tried - but they'll be on the market soon) so we don't have to buy our drugs from criminal gangs etc.
Nah banning nitrous is a really really good move - now our young people can just fuck themselves over on butane. 8( We have six mothers to thank for this - they started a campaign to ban nitrous, despite the fact that the health risks are so tiny that a bit of vegemite/marmite will keep everything in balance.

You guys have Nos cafes..............lol..........thats it, Im moving over...........Boston.........u ready to receive me..........lol.