Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Prochlorperazine -- Stemzine

4k4r3

Bluelighter
hey bl'erz

my dad was prescribed stemzine tablets to stop him, his words, 'spinning out'. anyone have any idea what they are and if they will help me sleep?

i was told by a cat my dog was chasing that they are antihisimines. if so then is it possible that they COULD help me sleep? Conciousness just really hurts at the moment. No not drug related just been doing way too much thinking.

Cheers!

Try searching the internet for drug info basics - I searched for "Stemzine" and found it's an Australian product name for prochlorperazine (maleate?) and that the brand name overseas is Compazine.

From www.rxlist.com:

COMPAZINE®
brand of prochlorperazine antiemetic • antipsychotic • tranquilizer

DESCRIPTION
Compazine (prochlorperazine) is a phenothiazine derivative, present in Compazine tablets and Spansule sustained release capsules as the maleate. Its chemical name is 2-chloro-10-[3-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)propyl]-10 H -phenothiazine( Z )-2-butenedioate (1:2). The structual formula is:
compazinespan_s.gif

[...]

INDICATIONS AND USES

For control of severe nausea and vomiting.

For the treatment of schizophrenia.

Compazine (prochlorperazine) is effective for the short-term treatment of generalized non-psychotic anxiety. However, Compazine is not the first drug to be used in therapy for most patients with non-psychotic anxiety, because certain risks associated with its use are not shared by common alternative treatments (e.g., benzodiazepines).

When used in the treatment of non-psychotic anxiety, Compazine should not be administered at doses of more than 20 mg per day or for longer than 12 weeks, because the use of Compazine at higher doses or for longer intervals may cause persistent tardive dyskinesia that may prove irreversible (see WARNINGS).

[...]

CONTRAINDICATIONS

[...]

Do not use in the presence of large amounts of central nervous system depressants (alcohol, barbiturates, narcotics, etc.)...

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
my bad, thanks BT

ps - damn just wat i needed too. ahhh must of been a little psychotic! on second thoughts id say it was placebo effect.

Last edited:
damn.. thinking your dads on antihisimines and hes really on antipsych's.. :/

take some anyway, it might shut that cat up.

ihaq4weed