Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: The Ashlee Simpson Show

captainballs

Bluelighter
Okay... The Ashlee Simpson Show

Maybe it's just the genius editors at MTV, but I really like this show and I think Ashlee Simpson is a cool person. Am I a total tool?

She's cute, and I think the public is a little too harsh on her. That said, I don't see her ever getting out of the shadow of her sister, especially not after that SNL fiasco, unless she goes into something other than music. A solid acting role could give her a real voice, IMO; if she wants to stay a singer, I don't think all the MTV promos in the world will keep her from being forgotten in one or two years. Just my two bits.

I personally find her singing to be annoying and painfully out of tune but I like watching some of the show. :)

MTV has aired the episode where she sang at the Orange Bowl about 100 times in the past couple of weeks so it's been impossible to miss. The whole show has been carefully edited to excuse Ashless Simpson's lack of talent and conveniently leaves out the barrage of boos that met her halftime performance. In that sense the show is not even a reality show, since the reality has been removed, and it becomes nothing more than propaganda. To a small extent, the show is amusing. It doesn't require a long attention span and the contrived spontaneity makes the show easy to follow.

What's not amusing is what has happened to the music biz. Ashlee Simpson is indicative of the sad industry trend of promoting talentless celebrities merely because they are famous. Bring back ugly bands, like BTO and CCR.

I like the show. She seems like a cool down to earth person and that doesn't always come out just through music and tv interviews, so I like the part of her that the show shows the public.

I like how the hottie Ryan Cabrera (her kinda sorta BF) is in the show a lot more this season. I think he's really talented and he's also a really funny guy. I saw him in concert several months ago and he put on a great show not only from the musical perspective but also he was very entertaining to the crowd :)

Banquo said:
MTV has aired the episode where she sang at the Orange Bowl about 100 times in the past couple of weeks so it's been impossible to miss. The whole show has been carefully edited to excuse Ashless Simpson's lack of talent and conveniently leaves out the barrage of boos that met her halftime performance. In that sense the show is not even a reality show, since the reality has been removed, and it becomes nothing more than propaganda. To a small extent, the show is amusing. It doesn't require a long attention span and the contrived spontaneity makes the show easy to follow.

What's not amusing is what has happened to the music biz. Ashlee Simpson is indicative of the sad industry trend of promoting talentless celebrities merely because they are famous. Bring back ugly bands, like BTO and CCR.

14.gif

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

By rain, CCR wasn't referring to Vietnam.. they were talking about people like Ashlee. :D

wwaaa waaaa I'm lame.

^hehe.

Banquo had it right.

well, I don't really believe anything I see on that show (much tv for that matter) because of how it reality is 'altered' - obviously the SNL thing couldn't have been because it was such a huge deal - of course i think they retaped afterwards to make it look like she really lost her voice. But I watched the Orange Bowl episode just to see her get boo'ed but apparently, in Ashlee world, such a thing never happened.

I also don't think Ryan is really her boyfriend. PR stunt! I think he's a publicity whore and his music is horrendous. Classic though, when in one episode he wouldn't kiss Ashlee so she 'wouldn't mess up his makeup'.

Maybe I'm just bitter, but I think she represents a lot of the things that are wrong with this country.

While I agree with benefit I can't help but be mezmorized by that fucking hot body and face! I admit I watch the show times, but only to drool all over her breastestes not because i'm interested in anything going on in the show.

Why do people keep saying she's cute, though? I guess I'm way off, because I don't find Ashley Simpson to be attractive. She kind of looks like a bird to me.

Her sister's hot, and that's about her only redeeming quality.

:)

sho

Re: Okay... The Ashlee Simpson Show

captainballs said:
. Am I a total tool?

no doubt about it

im responsible for some pretty guilty pleasures when it comes to the idiot box but this is despicable.... may you rot in hell;)

Re: Okay... The Ashlee Simpson Show

captainballs said:
Maybe it's just the genius editors at MTV, but I really like this show and I think Ashlee Simpson is a cool person. Am I a total tool?

I like it too.

<<What's not amusing is what has happened to the music biz. Ashlee Simpson is indicative of the sad industry trend of promoting talentless celebrities merely because they are famous. Bring back ugly bands, like BTO and CCR.>>

Absolutely true. These days, it's almost impossible to separate pop stardom from MTV, as if popular musicians are pre-packaged to be popular, and that maybe deluging the public with sounds and imagery counts more than skill. Is Britney Spears popular because she's talented, or because you can't turn left or right without seeing her scantily-clad visage gyrating on MTV, VH-1, or some Pepsi commercial?

Actually, I think there was a "Frontline" special about this very issue.

i think the worst part was her saying 'i'm sorry my band played the wrong song!' ...blaming it on the band, sad...
and anyway she's just another one of poppy punk or whatever the hell girls, with a bit more notoreity cause of her older and just as clueless sister. BARF the music blows.