• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Band of Brothers (HBO mini-series)

BA

Bluelight Crew
HBO hit a grand slam with this mini-series a few years back. I finally completed my set (thanks netflix ;)) and have all the episodes. I can watch this series over and over and it never gets old. It's such a well made piece of work I can't help but marvel at it.

Every episode is like a movie in itself, lots of action and lots of emotion. In the 'Day of Days' when Easy Company jumps from the plane it literally sends chills down my spine when I think about the circumstances they were facing and the bravery they showed.

My favorite one of course is 'Why We Fight' , I think anyone who has seen this will agree that this is an awesome episode. Stars include Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlberg, Ron Livingston, Matthew Settle, and David Schwimmer.

Currahee!

HBO did a great job with this one, I'm reading the book by Stephen Ambrose right now.

I liked this mini-series but I thought David Schwimmer was fucking awful. Definitely the worst portrayal of a drill sergeant I have ever seen.

Truly amazing style. The filming of the war scenes was totally spot on and will definitly be an addition to my DVD collection as soon as I can afford it. The full set costs, what, $200 ?

Nope! You can buy it new on amazon.com for $89.99 or used starting at $42.89.

link

I have been thinking of getting the series for a long time but this thread just hit it! I'm calling my DVD dude tonight.

It's awesome, though I tend to agree about David Schwimmer.

I thought Schwimmer pulled off the incompetant drill sargeant perfectly. I think he's supposed to be a dumbass self absorbed egomaniac who falls on his ass.

I like when Schwimmer gets lost leading the troops across the field and has to cut down the cow fence :D

wizekrak said:
I thought Schwimmer pulled off the incompetant drill sargeant perfectly. I think he's supposed to be a dumbass self absorbed egomaniac who falls on his ass.

That sums it up. So, technicaly, Schwimmer was made for the role. =D

I mean, I guess if you consider that he has one character, Ross, which is no doubt him playing himself, you can say he was made for the part.

Am I the only one who likes Ron Livingston (Office Space, Sex in the City)?

wizekrak said:
I thought Schwimmer pulled off the incompetant drill sargeant perfectly.

his character isn't a "drill sergeant".

his character is a captain.

Schwimmer does a great job of making you hate his bitch ass. Exactly what the movie was intending to do. Movies that ilicit strong emotions on you be it anger/hatred/love rank high up on my list. I really HATED schwimmer in this show!!

Weekend passes REVOKED! ;)

I like the extras on the DVDs, too. They interview each person and you get to hear things in their own words.

^ That scene was great :)

Finder said:
I liked this mini-series but I thought David Schwimmer was fucking awful. Definitely the worst portrayal of a drill sergeant I have ever seen.

I thought his performance was good. He was playing a shit drill seargent not an entirely competent one.

I thought this series was great - bought it for my dad on DVD.

This is an awesome series, i watched the whole thing in one sitting.
It's been ages since ive seen it though.
So many highlights, in particular, it was really cool when they made it to Austria. Scenery was spectacular, and that chalet and the outpost on the hill.
You forget places like that exist in parts of the world where there is so much war and fighting.