⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Excellent casting

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
excellent casting

inspired by tv - Jeeves and Wooster

have you ever seen somebody in a role and they have captured it so perfectly you can not imagine anybody else in the role?

hardly high art but when i heard they had cast matthew lillard as shaggy in scooby doo, i thought that was just perfect.

more as i think about them... what about you?

alasdair

Johnny Depp as Hunter Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

If you watch the extras, they show Hunter and Depp in the same room talking during the filming and Depp looks and talks just like Hunter does.

i haven't seen the scooby doo films, but i thought that was some pretty great casting too. also agree with johnny depp - that's probably the greatest, most inspired decision i've seen.

other greats...

james stewart in it's a wonderful life - i seriously doubt anybody could have played that role anywhere near as well. he just has that sad puppy-dog face that makes you feel sorry for him, and he's a great actor.

both brad pitt and ed norton were absolutely perfect for fight club, and i think pitt's casting was pretty smart too. he'd played a bit of an unusual role in 12 monkeys before it, but i think he was still generally seen as not much more than a pretty boy. so to cast him in the pretty bare, violent fight club seemed to suggest a lot of brains on the part of fincher.

claire danes and leonardo dicaprio in the new romeo + juliet (i rant about it a little in my thread, i think: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150921). there is not enough superlatives for this pairing. at the time dicaprio was absolutely perfect for the role, and i think danes provided the greatest complement to him, whilst also taking the role of juliet in her own right, and making it something very special.

more later :)

The obvious one would be anything with Johnny Depp. I can't imagine anyone but Depp playing the characters he does. This may change with the Willie Wonka re-make.

The cast of the Godfather was pretty much spot on, as well. James Caan, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, even Abe Vigoda. Man, I love that movie.

Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs
Jeff Goldbloom - The Fly
Kevin Spacey - American Beauty
Kyle Maclaughlin (sp?) - Twin Peaks
William H. Macy - Fargo (I'd rather see stormare's character played by Reno)
Gandolfini - Soprano's
Jack Lemon and Pacino - Glengarry Glenross

Steve Buscemi in anything he does where he plays a bit of a weirdo.

Denzel Washington in Malcom X. They really do look and sound alike.

Al pacino_ Many things he's done but Scent of a woman and Devils advocate are 2 of my favorites

The entire cast of Get Shorty

bump.

i watched 'harry potter and the goblet of fire' last night and though tthat, in all those movies, the casting has been pitch perfect across the board.

alasdair