• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cleaning Glass Bowl

dan420

Bluelighter
I have a glass bowl, I have been smoking out of it for a while now and the resin has accumulated to the point of where it badly needs to be cleaned.

What's the most effective way to go about cleaning a glass bowl?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

get 91% isoprpyl alcohol, and epsom salt, put them in a plastic sandwich bag together with your piece, shake it up rinse, repeat if necesary, oh and use hot water to rinse

bowls need more detail work than alchohol and salt can usually do

i run it all under hot water, then take a blade and scrape the inside of the bowl and use a metal poker to clean the downstem. if you've run it under hot water the resin should be kinda runny which makes it easier to remove from the glass

if you get any resin on the sink or whatever, run cold water over it before you try to clean it, otherwise it'll smear into this nasty resin stain that is hard to clean

why not like put it in oil till it all disolves off (cause THC is soluble in oil right?) then not only is your pipe clean, but you can bake with the oil

I always save my resin. actually I usually clean my pipes when I'm out of weed and gotta get a resin smoke to relax or go to sleep (IE: desperate). It's not that bad and gets the job done. I usually use a lighter to heat the inside/outside of the pipe and use a paperclip to poke and scrape around the inside to get all the resin out. A small knife works perfect for the bowl part. Just use a lighter to heat it up and it scrapes real easy.

I boiled my pipe one time and it worked, although I can't remember how well. You just have to keep in mind don't do anything stupid like run it under cold water after you boil it or it might break. Also it smells pretty bad.

using the isopropyl alcohol and epsom salt works really good too, although it might take a long time if you're pipe is pretty broken in. The best thing to do is scrape all the resin out first then soak it for a few days (although i've never done it longer than 30 min) and it should be pretty fuckin clean.

Akoto said:
why not like put it in oil till it all disolves off (cause THC is soluble in oil right?) then not only is your pipe clean, but you can bake with the oil

ewww resin is not something I would want to eat 8o

i just realized.. are you talking about a pipe or a bowl for a bong?

yeah mate i run ht water through the shaft. Get a large wooden clothes peg or sumthing and let the hot hot water run through the shaft. For me it takes all the resin with it down the drain....

I used to put my pipe in a container load of kettle boiled water and washing powder give it a good stir and leave over night,failing that have you tried a dishwasher?

PeeWeeHerman said:
get 91% isoprpyl alcohol, and epsom salt, put them in a plastic sandwich bag together with your piece, shake it up rinse, repeat if necesary, oh and use hot water to rinse

^ this technique works like a charm

There is a cleaner called SIMPLE GREEN
It works better than rubbing alcohol and it is much cheaper than cleaners sold as 'bong cleaners'.
Please someone try this I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

yea i used the end of a hanger to scrape my bowl clean once...not a good idea- i wouldnt recommend it

DrUgMeSaNe said:
yea i used the end of a hanger to scrape my bowl clean once...not a good idea- i wouldnt recommend it
yep did that on my first pipe. Broke the damn bowl.

DrUgMeSaNe said:

a little too big and unwieldy.

i use a small pocketknife to scrape the (heated) bowl and that works fuckin quick and perfect. use a paper clip to get the inside.

I got high in my backyard one time and used twigs and leaves(i swear to god im telling the truth lmao) it really doesnt work that well but its kinda fun :)

...man when my parents came home they were pretty confused

atleast they didnt see the pipe!

DrUgMeSaNe said:

I always use a paperclip, its like the end of a hanger w/o the awkward hanger part at the end :)

I'd say scrape out as much resin as you can with a paperclip or some kind of little tool THEN use simple green or boil it or whatever....you can't just toss out all that resin! It's a waste of good THC!!!!

yuck year old resin is buttnasty! only smoke resin in an emergency!

i just cleaned all our pipes this week, some of which were so resinated they were clogged solid. now they are as clear as they day i bought em!

the key is DENTURE CLEANER! like polident, or a generic brand from any drugstore.

put three or four tabs in a glass of water just high enough to fully submerge the pipe. let sit overnight.

all the resin gets waterlogged and squishy. you can poke at it with a paperclip and it rinses right out under the tap.

my dad actually showed me this trick before i got on a plane after xmas, i wanted to bring home a pipe he bought me. :)