Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

uni pot smoking clubs

speedygonzales

Bluelighter
not allowled to memtion any names here but I'v been at my uni for a while now two bachelors and one masters We have got a pot club at uni where where u can score and smoke pot openly ther use to to heaps of people there aboout 5 years ago but now there only 1-2 people selling it there somtimes none. I know of other uni's with pot clubs is this the same trend every where

I attend a pretty major university and we dont have one...i dont think we'd even be allowed to have one. Imagine on your CV 'President of <blank> University Pot Club' haha.

I doubt they are real legal clubs allowed by the university, more than likely just a group of stoners getting together.

Glory Days said:
I attend a pretty major university and we dont have one...i dont think we'd even be allowed to have one. Imagine on your CV 'President of <blank> University Pot Club' haha.
the fact that your attending a major university, and make the point about not being able to have a pot club baffles me.

You do realise Marijuana is illegal, even in Universities....8)

a certain qld uni in Brisbane has one of these I know of.
Story ive heard is its due to some ond land rights thing, and the land being owned by the uni or something so people do what they want there?
I don't know i rememember it was a strange story when I first heard it, sounded like it had a whole heap legal loop holes etc.
But yeh, they sit out in the open, dealing and smoking.

^no offence mate, but that sounds like a load of shit, there are home owners who use bluelight but i doubt they can say to the police if they get caught doing something illegal "yeah we killed the guy, but fuck it, we own the land so we can do what ever we want!"
Porbably a lot of universities have some unofficial pot smoking club,which for obvious reaons is not sanction by the university. That said i doubt you'll be seeing any advertisement for a free barbaque for the cannibus appreciation society in the next issue of 'farago'

A certain uni in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne which i attended until recently has a form of a 'pot' society... and 'Green Week' is openly advertised... while it's primary focus is not about smoking weed, there is the 'Bong Off' and other competitions which are held fairly openly on campus... =D

it is totatlly true. It was called high society and was great back in the day. But it got raided once. D's busted in even though they arnt allowed too :(

now there is only one or two dealers and it no where near as social :(

^ yeah it is totally true.. the high society was at my uni. on my oreintation week a two years ago i remember some dude trying to sign me up. it'd had been around since the hippy days according to my dad (a uni lecturer).

so it got busted choppedmess? i didnt see it this year at market day so i was wondering where it had gone..

FULLY DUDE.
high society thats the shit im talking about.
psy_taco i know its ounds fucked the story im trying tell, but its more involved than i couldve cared to remember it be able to explain it.
it was around, and still is. not as prominent as before.
but its there!

Yep i used to buy my weed at high soc, i was so spun out, there was just people sitting around with their "wares" on mats in front of them, had my first ever hash cookies there and also bought my first trips there. (this was 1999). It was cool as, but i was dumbfounded as to how it could exsist, it was a registered club and even to my knowledge recieved funding if it had enough members.

choppedmess said:
it is totatlly true. It was called high society and was great back in the day. But it got raided once. D's busted in even though they arnt allowed too :(

I've seen a pot smoking club openly advertised at my uni and the above quote is exactly why i've never bothered to look into, i mean its obvious to everyone such a club will attract dealers so there seems a high likelyhood it will attract Ds and the whole thing will eventually turn to shit after a bust happens, i'm sure there's no loophole that makes it legal.

Anway its not like pot's the hardest thing to source or find a place to use but anyone who starts a RC club at unsw, uts or sydney, where RCs are openly sold and used i will worship as a god. ;)

I used to go untill one day I started seeing kids in school uniform turn up, and the in house dealers happily selling them weed. I knew it wasn't going to last long, and sure enough it was raided a few weeks later. At its hight there was some serious business happening there - 1000s of $ trading hands every week, most of it being of very low quality.

It's a good idea though, when it was properly run it was heaps of fun. There used to be protests and such, and a bus from nimbin used to show up sometimes. The stuff about police not being allowed on uni property is bullshit, however someone in the administration used to get a courtesy call from the police and would warn if a raid was likely. They also used to have peope with whistles on the lookout for approaching detectives. I was there once when the cops decided to pay us a visit - they were in plain clothes with badges around their necks. We all bolted away laughing but they got a couple of people...

I think the only way it would work would be to keep it for the students and members only, maybe move it around with stricter rules for who can attend.

i attened a uni last year with a pot club.. when asking the guy in charge of the clubs and societies what its all about he replied.. "oh its where you all get together on the roof, and smoke copious amounts of pot". Nuff said

lol i just might have been one of those school kids! but hey we were also researching at the mega library and eating in that massive cafeteria ;)

OK here we go:

Normal police have no juri on university land- however, federal cops do. The raid 2 weeks ago on high soc was by undercover federal police.

In combination with this, the vice-chancellor has the power to invite local police onto the grouds- which they have recently just done.

No more high soc proper, just some out of uni rastarfarians taking over it