• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

l-dopa and free radicals

Don't take L-dopa in the first place, unless you've got Parkinsons. But if you've got PD, then try an antioxidant... alpha-lipoic acid, and/or supplement doses of Vit A and E.

And next time, form you question in a bit more of a reasonable form or I'll delete your post.

I want to take Levo-dopa for sexual purposes and i want to take it to boost my Ayahuasca visions

Isnt there something about Selegiline protecting Dopamine, cells and what about Tribulus it have been mentioned i think in the Karma Sutra (about erotic and sex etc.)

I only want to take it in small amounts 50-100 mg 40% L-dopa and such, this should be enough with the addet maoi

How about big size C - vitamins (2-3 gram)

Kind regards

^^^

Have you noticed this too with 'huasca? I noticed a huge potentiation taking a 50% l-dopa capsule with it (the visions and everything with DMT)

Hehe This month i will see hopefully
When its time for the sacred medicine
;)

actually i think you are right, i've heard something in the Ayahuasca forum about it decreasing Dopamine and therefore in theory Testosterone i should go buy some Maca (think it stimulates production of Testosterone)

Also i must add
i've tried caffeinated Ayahuasca brews
Once with 25 grams of Yerba Mate
This really floored me with visions of sailing on a huge ocean of colours that I cannot described by words only, pure beauty

http://nootropics.com/caffeine/adenosine.html

Caffeine is believed to act by blocking adenosine A(1) and A(2A) receptors (A(1)R, A(2A)R), indicating that some A(1) receptors are tonically activated. We generated mice with a targeted disruption of the second coding exon of the A(1)R (A(1)R(-/-)). These animals bred and gained weight normally and had a normal heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature. In most behavioral tests they were similar to A(1)R(+/+) mice, but A(1)R(-/-) mice showed signs of increased anxiety. Electrophysiological recordings from hippocampal slices revealed that both adenosine-mediated inhibition and theophylline-mediated augmentation of excitatory glutamatergic neurotransmission were abolished in A(1)R(-/-) mice. In A(1)R(+/-) mice the potency of adenosine was halved, as was the number of A(1)R. In A(1)R(-/-) mice, the analgesic effect of intrathecal adenosine was lost, and thermal hyperalgesia was observed, but the analgesic effect of morphine was intact. The decrease in neuronal activity upon hypoxia was reduced both in hippocampal slices and in brainstem, and functional recovery after hypoxia was attenuated. Thus A(1)Rs do not play an essential role during development, and although they significantly influence synaptic activity, they play a nonessential role in normal physiology. However, under pathophysiological conditions, including noxious stimulation and oxygen deficiency, they are important.

But lets not forget L-dopa also increase both Testosterone and stimulates HGH (Human Growth Hormone)

Dopamine is a very important neurotransmitter, have you noticed any increased memory from the actually experience?

But i must say Pregnenolone and DHEA is helping tremendously

Regards

From Astral traveller

I cant wait to see ;)

Last edited:
Dopamine is a very important neurotransmitter, have you noticed any increased memory from the actually experience?

But i must say Pregnenolone and DHEA is helping tremendously

Oh really? mixed with 'huasca? Once I had taken a DHEA pill and later on took harmaline/dmt and noticed quite a change, I actually just took a 30mg Pregnenolone earlier so I might smoke some DMT here in a bit cause I notice the preg.'s effects..

I've sucked in some nitrous oxide after taking pregnenolone and what a trip that was! It seemed to make me able to deeply remember the experience and some wierd stuff - i bet it would really help clearing up/remember a ketamine experience.

Oh and as for the other effects from the l-dopa extract, usually I feel a mild 'buzz', sorta warm/fuzzy feeling but thats about it. But, it REALLY mixes good with some GHB.. the euphoric sensations are greatly enhanced.

Does this pertain to l-tyrosine in any way? Which I sometimes took 2 grams off following an intense amp session.

Umm, well l-tyrosine is a biological precursor to l-DOPA, otherwise no.
l-DOPA will exhibit much different results to l-tyrosine because the final conversion step to DA is a quick one.