The Industrial Thread

rm-rf

Bluelight Crew
(did a search, found no thread devoted entirely to this genere)

I suppose it would be like argueing, "which came first, the chicken or the egg," but I dont believe wed have as good as techno without industrial.

Currently have Suicide Commando - "Raise your god" bangin out my speakers. Next up is Circle of Dust - Deviate (Angeldust remix)

industrial kicks ass.

i think a lot of fans of techno or goa would really dig industrial, if the looked past the gothic stereotype appearance and just dug the music

the phone rings and im out...industrial kicks ass

(oh and if u plug rob zombie, you shall die!)

I dont know too much about industrial BUT there is this one radio show that is on Friday nights from 11-1 and it is all industrial music and I love it. Got some recomendations? :)

Good thread.

I pulled out Skinny Puppy's VIVIsectVI the other day. I had forgotton how good this record is. I guess that is the sound of a heroin withdrawl or something. And the coolest part is it was made in 1988 with older technology.

even though their sound samples really fuck with my head and give me bad vibes, Velvet Acid Christ is kickass too. I got the album "Fun with Knives" on now. Guess im just on a goth kick this evening.

thanks for ignoring me the wood! :(;)

i rate and listen to (although they are more ebm than industrial)...

front 242
cabaret voltaire
nitzer ebb

the fixmer & mccarthy album is fab. imagine idolising some act as a kid and then ending up forming a band with them later in life. %)

front 242 rules

and dreamgirlie i listed 3 allready

bout to throw on Das Ich, allthough i really cant stand the guy's voice.

ebm/darkwave minaswell be a spinoff of industrial

so u gotta throw props to the likes of VNV Nation, Icon of Coil, Funker Vogt, Covenant, Combichrist...

einzerstünde neubauten

great group. really innovative. I would classify en as a purist form of industrial.

Frontline Assembly is really good too.
listening to Millenium right now (its been a long time since I listened to Industrial...)

I love how industrial isnt afraid to cross over into pop territory (song structure not as in popular music) or more dance orientated styles (FLA originally was played by DJs in clubs and had huge hits back in the day) . I'd love to go to a party and have some industrial playing.

Some of the best vocals for edm by males anyways I think comes from industrial.

Last edited:
^ yeah true, i love the vocals from VNV Nation, guy is really soothing yet really passionate about the lyrics at the same time. Sometimes a lot of industrial vocals get too...eh...drama queeny tho. i Love the screamy-run-through-tonsof-distortion-filtered vocals, like ministry or 1000 homo djs does (not that they are really industrial, but both of them have a lot of influence from the genere). Circle of Dust used to use them but after that huge splurge of artists doing that in the early 90s he switched to clean vocals, which are still mindwarping as hell. Download their song "Chasm" if you havent allready, the original is really badass, hard to find if you search for it considerign there are abotu 40,000 remixed versions of it.

i was searching online for a link to Industrial Light and Magics website, and got a result for this website:

http://www.industrialmusic.com/

you can get cool zipperhead clothes on it!!! ive always wanted one of those big huge belts with bullets all init, but figured if i fell over or something theyd dig into my skin. then again i guess thats what all the leather armor is for.

just picked up my own copy of suicide commando's "Axis of Evil" man this music is fucking awesome but when im really high the samples kinda bother me. I dunno id rather just hear the music sometimes than some dude talking about killing himself and crap. Just like Velvet Acid Christ's "Fun with Knives" album, i mean yah it fucks with ur head but not fun for us re-sensitized acid gurus.

Istigeit said:
Good thread.

I pulled out Skinny Puppy's VIVIsectVI the other day. I had forgotton how good this record is. I guess that is the sound of a heroin withdrawl or something. And the coolest part is it was made in 1988 with older technology.

I love that album, think it's their best, but all the early stuff was great.

Some other industrial bands which haven't yet been mentioned that are worth checking out are Meat Beat Manifesto, KMFDM, Die Krupps and Ministry.

Wish I had it -- I think it's their best. Technically what was neat was that they were using the latest 32/64 track recorders, computers/MIDI, and "early" electronics, like random radio bits. That album is so dense.

Then I discovered Public Enemy....

industrial doesnt get the respect that it deserves so im reviving this thread. it has such a raw, dirty and angry feel to it. im mostly into minimal and hard techno but i do enjoy a bit of industrial every once in a while. im glad that artists like kmfdm, nitzer ebb, skinny puppy, front 242, and combichrist were mentioned. i really enjoy there music, but i found it surprising that no one had mentioned groups such as chemlab or sistermachine gun. i guess ill mention kill memory crash as well, even though i wouldnt necessarily consider them to be entirely industrial, but you see the industrial influences in their music.

i saw chemlab open up for gwar a long time ago
saw sister machinegun too, not at the same show though

im gonna throw fear factory's hat into the ring as well, they may not be pure, but they fit well enough
especially any of FF's remixes
skinny puppy is what got me into industrial, i had the live from texas tape and that shit was awesome even though it was mainly noise.
love kmfdm and pig, meat beat as well. ministry, wumpscut is good from what ive heard from them. front line assembly, front 242, wasnt fetus industrial?
great music, i would reccomend it to anyone
pwei

lotta good bands named...lotta mediocre bands as well. :)
what I have a special spot for?
skinny puppy
coil
some haujobb
some front line assembly
gridlock

>>
(oh and if u plug rob zombie, you shall die!)>>

Same goes for Marilyn Manson!
NIN is acceptable....I guess as industrial-pop-metal or something or other.

ebola

check out ROB ZOMBIE, man...he rules!!!!11

but seriously...einzerstünde neubauten is awsome =)

rofl

i have absolutely no memory of this thread whatsoever.

but i can say that it still kicks ass

/turns on Front Line Assembly's "Sex Offender"

/fades out

i can't remeber if Nailbomb counts as industrial :\ if so then them

I like the industrial sound, but don't know many artists. I do think the first STATIC-X album "wisconsion death trip. Is a great metal/industrial album. Not extremely industrial, but there is def that sound. Really their best album, they get more and more metal every album. They really lost their techno/industrial sound.

If you enjoy it, I'd definitely check out ministry (I don't really like either though).

ebola

Suicide Commando
Velvet Acid Christ
Wumpscut
Skinny Puppy
God Module

Jeez, I could LITERALLY go on for hours.