Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Digi Scales recommendations

BrisVegas

Bluelighter
gday

im chasing a decent digi scale so i can weigh some goe and shit. i have been looking on ebay but not sure. where u recommend i try? need to be damn accurate as u can imagine. do dick smiths have .00, .000 decimal scales?

If your goal is to weigh amphetamines, you are probably looking to measure out at the smallest 0.1g weights. You would need a 0.01g balance to do this, and a 0.001g balance would be a significant price increase and a little overkill. I suggest you buy a recognised scientific brand rather than heading to Dick Smith, and you could buy a balance of that resolution from a reseller without any problem. You would be looking in the $300-400 range I believe.

Hello,

I would say if you were weigh 0.1 of a g you can get scales from Big W that weigh that light for like 30-50 bux, They however only go up in 0.1's of a G. However if you want ones that weigh lighter than that then you should go to your nearest tobacconist or something like that. Maybe head to a science place, like an educational suppliers I remembered using some flash scales in Chem at school. But I guarantee that they will not be cheap!

If you were just goin to weigh pot I would say get the Big W ones, but because you are weigh Amphetamines and may even want to get into the 0.001 of a g etc... So in other words. As said before, Unless you wana spend 200-500 bux, you will have to go with the cheaper alternative. However They are accurate, it's just the weights they go up in that's the problem!

SpecTBK=D

I may b wrong but my uderstading is tha scales will have a tolerance of 1/2 their smallest unit reading. so scales from Big W with a smallest reading of 0.1grms (i do not believe that Big W sells any scales this accurate) will have a tolerance of 0.05 grams. This means that any weights from 0.055 grams to 0.145 will show on the scales as 0.1 grams. This is ok for measuring weed but i would consider it useless for ampetamines as your point could be anywhere from half to one and a half.

For amphetmines i would suggest scales that at least go to 0.01 and for research chems at least 0.001. Don't buy scales from somewhere like big w - i'm pretty sure that most kitchen scales go down to 0.01 KG or 10grams.

A quick search on sensis gave me:
http://www.ssapl.com.au/
There are many more.

Places like "Off ya tree" sells both 0.1 and 0.01g scales starting around $100 from memmory for 0.1 and 200 i think for 0.01g. The staff there also know why you're buying them and its fairly easy to talk to them about your requirements depending on how paranoid you are

Nice Tits

A friend involved in precious stones just purchased a .01 res balance for quite a bit less than than the cheapest price quoted in this thread. They are smaller than a cigarette pack and about half as thick. If the chance comes up I'll check my mate's against a Mettler brand lab balance and report back.

If you are intending to buy a cheap set, remember that it's just as important for a balance to be precise as it is to be accurate.

Ideally you should have a range of certified weights to check accuracy. Precision can be roughly checked by reweighing several times and calculating the absolute error. If possible, before you buy, see if you can leave the balance turned on in the shop and reweigh 10 minutes later. The final test is relocating. Turn the balance off, put it in it's case, walk around with it a bit before rechecking.

If you are wanting to accurately weigh substances of ~50mg or less range - particularly important if intended for consumption - then you owe it to yourself to invest in a good balance.

I take it you are in Brisbane by your name. The place to go is the jewelers supply store above jojo's on queen st. mall. I recommend Ohaus brand because they are extremely accurate and hard wearing. Mine has never needed calibration after 6 years and multiple falls. However rather than tell them its for "goe and shit" tell them your into lapidary or amatuer gem cutting.

(i do not believe that Big W sells any scales this accurate)

Unfortunately I work there!!:X !! and I was sussin out the scales, they are accurate and go up in 0.1 of a g.

I didnt think of a jewellers DAAAAH, I should have known I didn't even think of that. My mate goes out bush lookin for gold an that. Go to a Fossickers joint they sell them... I know for a fact. Or jewellers...

SpecTBK=D

I got a great pair of 0.01g scales off Ebay about 3 months ago for $70inc postage. They have been fantastic. They have stayed calibrated to .01g/50g the whole time, so they are definately good quality.

Ive got these blue germany ones they weigh accurately to the point (no rounding of anything).

They're light blue also come in black....and come in a cover that says PS 0.01 or something.

One the scales it has PS 0.01 by DIPSE. 'German Weighing Measurement'

These cost $350.

PS50.jpg

Last edited:
By the way...where can you buy 50g weights, may be a silly question but im not going to run around shops all day tryin to find a 50g weight to calibrate my scales if need be.

^^Most chemical and scientific equipment suppliers have them or can order them for you.

It's a different story if you want your weight certified. The cost isn't so bad, it's just the turnaround time as you don't normally buy a pre-calibrated and certified weight.

True, didn't think about getting a certified weight.....

Is it true that two twenty cent pieces and a ten cent peice will weigh 28.3gs ???

Hiya, was just tooling around in this forum to see how the other half (of the world) live. Thought you might be interested in this thread in PD about scales. I've found that, according to calibration weights, the Tanita 1200 series reads perfectly on amounts over 10mg or so.

Yeah when I weighed the coins i was .13 out

So thats not too bad......ive dropped my scales a bit but...(oops)

I need a cover for it also!! (lost that...)

im a bad bad boy..

p.s. 'I only use these scales to weigh flour and similar products in the kitchen which isn't at my house, not any illegal or controlled substances...'

Never mind, i think all coins are gonna be 5-10mg +/-

I just weighed different coins just then and i got between 28.13 and 28.35...correct me if im wrong..

Go on ebay.com

Hi,
I heard from a little birdy this morning that one of the cheapest place to get decent scales is on ebay.com the American site.

One little Robin I know bought a pair of 0.01 scales for less than $US50 I think. They got through customs without notice and are deadly accurate and small and compact and come with a 50g calibration weight.

Look for the same suppliers and then visit their online shops or follow the links. Other brands may have a better name and street cred with other people but this is not necessary. This cheap Chinese originating model has lasted a long time and has never failed and remained accurate - or so says the Little Robin. Why bother with expesnive models for $300 plus when a $50 will do. They will only end up getting seized by the Police!

Just my advice.

Or you could use a fishing sinker to get weight...

Mostly accurate as they all come out of the same mould!

SpecTBK=D

Re: Go on ebay.com

Misterwize said:
Look for the same suppliers and then visit their online shops or follow the links. Other brands may have a better name and street cred with other people but this is not necessary. This cheap Chinese originating model has lasted a long time and has never failed and remained accurate - or so says the Little Robin. Why bother with expesnive models for $300 plus when a $50 will do.
Cheaper balances will look like they display correctly but you can't be sure unless you verify it against a certified weight. When it comes to weighing substances a good balance is worth its weight in gold, you get what you pay for.