• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best OTC opiod potentiator?

DexterMeth

Bluelighter
This is going to be pretty subjective, but those with experience in this...What do you find to be the single best OTC opiod potentiator?

I have access to a few prescription potentiators that i take in combo from time to time, but those are running low and would like to know what everyone uses that is OTC.

Aside from this, my favorite potentiator cocktale is: DXM, dimematap, Benadryl, Dramamine, Phenergan, Meclinzine HCL, and Immodium AD.

Don't know of the safety of doing this, but i'm always careful not to take too much of any of them. It sure does increase the effect of opiods if you only have a little amount though.

Man, why the fuck would you take Immodium?!! that's for when you DON'T HAVE OPIATES and you don't want to spray shit every time you have to fart.... don't tell me you've never heard of fucking tagamet? maybe it's best....

the active chem in immodium AD is a known opiate potentiator. I don't take it for any other reason. I know, it will make me more constipated. The active chem is almost an opiate itself. It's very similar to opiates or something like that, but lacks something that would make it anything closer.

Tagament. Never heard of it. Are you from the states?

yup i live in california and Tagamet is otc everywhere in the USA as far as I know. search on BL about it and there's a ton of info. I think it works just as well as grapefruit juice; it's the same ingredient that makes your liver process the opiates slower thus making your pills last longer.
i really didn't think immodium is a potentiator. it was created by scientists trying to make a fentynal analogue so it IS similar in chemistry to an opiate but definitely not one. I think most people would agree with me on that, but whatever works for you. but you should really get some tagamet or grapefruit man and take/drink 30-60 minutes before your dose and you'll be high longer, but it wont make you higher

Last edited:
no, you are right about the immodium. I'm pretty damn sure it's a potentiator though. And i forgot to mention grapefruit juice. I always use it. Tagamet sounds like something right up my alley. Though it doesn't sound like a potentiator...(I.E. making the effect more potent/stronger). By how you described it, seems more like an OTC opiod duration extender. Sounds like something i should always take with my opiates though. That's for the info.

DexterMeth said:
The active chem is almost an opiate itself. It's very similar to opiates or something like that, but lacks something that would make it anything closer.

It's an opiod that can't cross the blood brain barrier but obviously still affects the opiod recepters in the digestive system.

I think I read on that Cold water extraction webpage that loperamide ( the stuff in immodium correct me if im wrong) is a potentiatior , it's an opiate but doesn't cross the blood brain barrier or nearly not,so for most people it only affects opiate receptors in your body and not in your brain , i think however there is a very small group of people who are sensitive to it and might get some kind of buzz.

but I'm not sure of it , gotta find the page url.

Don't forget grapefruit juice, it has the same effect as tagament (enzyme blocker).

EDIT: Actually both tagament and grapefruit juice aren't exactly opiate potentiators. All they do is prevent your body from metabolizing the opiate so it stays in your system longer.

Also, these enzyme blockers won't work for codeine because codeine needs to be metabolized so it will turn into morphine.

This subject is covered in depth at: www.coldwaterworld.com

Last edited:
Try DL-Phenylalanine thats what i use... I recently had done a experiment to test it out because of more recent posts which asked but never awnserd to if it worked and it in fact does work but to an extent its not gonna blow you away it will just prolong the experiance made me nod a bit more than i usually do too.

Also, these enzyme blockers won't work for codeine because codeine needs to be metabolized so it will turn into morphine

They will, grapefruit juice contains a flavanoid that is an inhibitor of CYP3A4, that's the cytochrome P450 responsible for removing the N-methyl group from codeine, dihydrocodeine, morphine etc; so inhibiting this enzyme slows the metabolism of those drugs to inactive metabolic products. The enzyme that removes the O-methyl group from codeine, dihydrocodeine etc is CYP2D6.

BilZ0r has a good post about opiate metabolism here

Immodium was tested in monkeys who were given morphine and there withdrawal symptoms went away when administered Immodium.

Something like that.... I dont know the full history of this. Maybe Im not phrasing it right.... something had to with monkeys and testing them with immodium.

I read it in this book called "Opium for the Masses" and Immodium was listed among the opiates. And they said they put it there because it was tested in monkeys who were experiencing withdrawals and were given Immodium.

fastandbulbous said:
They will, grapefruit juice contains a flavanoid that is an inhibitor of CYP3A4, that's the cytochrome P450 responsible for removing the N-methyl group from codeine, dihydrocodeine, morphine etc; so inhibiting this enzyme slows the metabolism of those drugs to inactive metabolic products. The enzyme that removes the O-methyl group from codeine, dihydrocodeine etc is CYP2D6.

BilZ0r has a good post about opiate metabolism here

Ok, so what you're saying is that grapefruit juice blocks the enzyme that breaks down codeine into an inactive product, but it doesn't block the enzyme that converts the codeine into morphine? What about tagament?
Sorry for the dumb questions, but I need to learn somehow.

I'm not sure about cimetidine, but I'll have a look (I've got lots of it, but I don't like some of its side effects, so I'll only use it if I get out of control reflux).

Grapefruit juice works really well though; I'd always been a bit sceptical about how much effect it could have, but yesterday I drank 750ml of grapefruit juice, then had 60mg of dihydrocodeine about 40 mins afterward. It was amazing - it felt like I'd had one or two Diconal (I had some prescribed, many years ago).

Needless to say, I'm now a convert (it's healthy as well - the grapefruit juice I mean, not the inhibiting N-demethylation of dihydrocodeine!)

Not only does it inhibit the brakdown of dihydrocodeine to nordihydrocodeine, but it inhibits the breakdown of dihydromorphine (from O-demethylation of dihydrocodeine) to nordihydromorphine

Now all I need to find is something that induces 2D6, and most of the dihydrocodeine swallowed will end up as dihydromorphine :) :)

wow, thanks for the responses. Very informative in regards to grapefruit and immmodium.

You can also look into Proglumide (Milid) and quinine. I am currently experimenting with Proglumide, but the effects have been less than spectacular... it works very well for others (or so I've read).

wow, i just tried the grapefruit juice thing for the first time today, had some good results.
so at around 2:45 i railed 40mg of oxycontin. then i drove over to our local 7-11 and picked up a bottle of grapefruit juice ( just the small one, like 16oz or what ever). i then proceeded to chew up another 10mg of oxy and chased it with the whole bottle of juice. at this point i was already starting to feel the effects of the first dose of oxy. by the time i got home i was defiantly starting to get some nice euphoric feelings, i found this a bit odd because it usually takes around 60mg to get slight euphoria due to tolerance.

so i go up to my room to relax and do a little studying for school and such, then the nods hit. actually they hit really hard, like the way they did back when i would take 30-40mg with little to no tolerance, it actually worried me a little bit, but not enough for me not to enjoy it. this ended up last for a good 3 hours or so, to the point that i almost passed out a couple times. needless to say i was quite impressed by this reaction (except it made studying near impossible)

it is now 7.05 and i am still feeling quite good. i highly recommend the grapefruit juice and opiate combo. but would also suggest being very careful

and make sure you drink the grapefruite juice a little before you take your opiods.

Well I thought I'd just say: Kava extract with opiates works a treat and doesn't feel as messy or seedy as using pharm combos. More clean relaxing, especially opium + kava :)

Peace Out