Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Induced Phsycosis

yeahdude

Bluelighter
I have a theory that this site turns many drugs users not into "enlighten individuals" but stuck up cracked out worry worts. Constantly searching for a fucking problem with themselves. I'm sorry but i just think its ruining alot of peoples minds. Theres to much confusion (people can only understand alot of shit on this site till an exent), worrying and thinking going on about peoples very mild and undercontrol drug use, problems are constantly eggagerated and blown out of proportion, and peoples states of mind corrupted by the amounts of information available to them on this site. Theres people having valid discussions but theres just alot of inbetween shit.

sorry i'm ranting and talking opinion to much. i just want to know if anyone else thinks concious drug use causes different trends and patterns in people and their drug use. Negetive effects that is.

People use all sorts of things to self diagnose problems. The fact that bluelight has so much info in one place means that it would be a major resourse for people to do their own heads in. But that's not exactly bluelight's fault, is it?

okay say someone read this site to much and along side his marijuana addiction and the fact that his around 16 17 maturing and shit. He talks himself into believing he has bi-polar. Talks all his friends into believing it, his school, his whole family and a counsellor. does his head in for a good 6 months drives himself crazy, crying everynight and shit. Once out of the rut, he seeks legal advice and finds out that hes eligible to Sue Bluelight and has good chance of winning. If you think about it whos gonna hold up in a NSW court, the poor headfucked white anglo saxon teenager or the (in their view) pro-drug site. and believe me there'd be a very valid arguement for why the site is right but remember their a pro-drug site in societies eyes and their uderstanding of drugs is very very very fucking warped and fucked up. I reckon bluelight has thinking to do.

i can see the media headline. "PRO-DRUG FORUM AIDS IN TEENAGERS GAINING FALSE PRESCRIPTIONS" blah bah blah high on benzos thank you bluelight.

Thank you for your post Yeahdude. All opinions, thoughts and experiences are brought together on this medium.

Your opinion is a valid one, and I suspect that perhaps that it maybe true in a number of cases (information overload).

I might add that the discerning mind will attempt to sort the wheat from the chaff and make a more informed decision in order to maintain harm minimization

yeahdude said:
okay say someone read this site to much and ... he talks himself into believing he has bi-polar.
Can you explain to me how reading this site will make me think i have bi-polar?

Do you think that will hold up in court?

I prefer knowledge over ignorance, and with knowledge comes the realisation that... drugs are actually dangerous. Do you avoid the tv/print/radio news because the issues discussed are too confronting and cause you to question your moral/ethical views? Does the news cause you to worry?

In the same way news informs you about the current world events Harm Reduction/Bluelight etc lays out the facts. You turn yourself into a worry wart, rather than Bluelight doing it for you. The fact remains this is a drug oriented site, and if people use their knowledge and explore new drugs then that is a decision made by their own free will. It is your interpretation of Bluelight rather than Bluelight itself that has caused you to draw these conclusions.

ROFL.

Bluelight exists as a repository for drug-based information... nothing more. However deeply people educate themselves on the drugs themselves and the health effects, and how they put that information into practise has 0% to do with Bluelight itself (i.e. the message board or the staff).

The views posted on Bluelight are moderated, but representative of each individual posters opinions. If you have an alternative opinion to someone else (for example), you're quite welcome to state your case in that thread. But, a hypochondriac will always be a hypochondriac... and in fact the problem to which you're actually referring is the problem which Bluelight exists to help address.

People are often naturally quite paranoid when they take drugs (psychedelics particularly) because they have next-to-no information about the drugs or their effects or anything... because this information has long been taboo to discuss in society. It's also true that a small amount of information can be a dangerous thing... so perhaps the people who are most paranoid about the health effects of the drugs have heard that there are negative effects but not fully investigated the probability of these effects occurring under normal circumstances, or ways to avoid these side-effects when they are taking the drug themselves. We try to collect facts about drugs, and the health implications of the use and abuse, so that people can make more informed decisions. Sure, more information means you might better understand the negative effects, and bear those in mind when taking the drugs or discussing them in future, but at least you're informed. Better that than blissfully ignorant, in my opinion, especially if it keeps you from making a stupid mistake with drugs because you have avoided educating yourself about them so you don't become a 'worry wart'.

BigTrancer :)

I have to agree with BT on this one,

If you save one life from education as opposed to create one hypochondriac due to information overload, I guess it's all been worthwhile. :)

The phenomena of internet self-diagnosis nowadays where paradoxically the only disease hypochondriacs do not diagnose themselves with is hypochondria is all thanks to the plethora of information we all have at our disposal. Going to the library and searching out information was always just too hard historically ;)

Education in the way to go to allow people to make informed choices. Take for example the lovely country of Holland. Yep - those crazy dutch and their liberal attitudes to drugs and sex. Well, not wanting to enter into the drug issue, but their sex education in high school have led to the lowest teenage pregnancy rates in Europe ..... so maybe something is working?

Bluelight raped my grandmother and gave me the clap!!!

;)

There are so many things out there that ruin fragile minds, Bluelight in my opinion helps more then it hinders. I'd bet my left nut that the adivce given on these forums has directly saved lives, however, I dont think it has killed anyone.

People might be "getting their minds ruined" (but I disagree), but if they do, they can stop reading at any time.
And if they can't; they need real professional help.

I can see where he is coming from. A lot of people on here are prescribed anti depressants...these may be drug induced or what not but a lot of people are going to their doctors suffering from mild depression and getting prescribed Zoloft...etc when really, they don't need it. After all, depression is a natural occurring thing in life, just how heavy it occurs depends on the state of mind.

"But, a hypochondriac will always be a hypochondriac"

We are not talking about hypochondriacs here but what yeahdude said in his example of the boy and his marijuana use and self diagnosing himself is very important to take into account.

One might read a few posts on here and believe he has severe depression because someone on here might have similar symptoms, but the thing is....the reader does not know his past life, family history...etc

You may say I don't know much, but i've seen over-prescribed antidepressants being prescribed to people close to home who REALLY don't need it. Doctor thinks, oh hes suffering depression, throw him some zoloft...etc instead of actually getting to the root of the problem and preventing that depression...

All in all, too much information could be very dangerous to someone, they could make a problem out of nothing. They may pick one or two things out of a sentence and automatically think "Oh, ive got that" then ponder on that for the day, which would turn into weeks and thinking bad things about yourself will cause harm to yourself, mentally and maybe physically.

Drug education is important, but there are better ways to go about it.

By the way, its not very nice to laugh at peoples opinions as I thought everyone was entitled to their own?

Koston- I think you should give medical professionals a bit more credit than that. Anti-depressents are not preescribed in the way that a doctor will be prescribe anti-biotics, there will be a good amount of exploration done and visits to psychologists, psychiatrists and neuropsychologists. I doubt that just the belief that someone may have depression is not enough to trick all of these trained professionals into prescribed anti-depressents so freely.
Sure some people may worry excessively about their drug use and its effects on them but this should be much more preferable than someone who is totally ignorant and has no idea about the substances they are putting into their bodies.

psy_taco: many GP's with little training in mental disorders freely prescribe antidepressants to everyone who comes in saying they're depressed.

I think one of the problems with BL is the divide between less informed, heavier drug users and the more educated, but moderate users who seem to see themselves as the elite substance conesseiurs, the 'smart' users doing drugs for the 'right' reasons and under the 'right' circumstances.

If someone tells you they do 35 pills every weekend, Friday through Sunday, and you respond by dismissing them as an idiot and as someone who's doing drugs the bad way (usually worded with as much condescension as possible), you're pretty much going to alienate them. And isn't that what proper society is doing to the lot of us, to the detriment of all? It would pay to bear in mind that the rest of society looks down on the intelligent drug user in pretty much the same fashion as the intelligent drug user looks down on the careless, less 'Bluelight-minded' one. This is harm minimisation, not Club Bluelight, where you stand well behind the velvet rope until you learn to mimick everyone else's stadards. Kind of the opposite of the traditional 'I suck down drugs like skittles' pissing contest. "I never do more than two pills a month, I never drink on a pill because it clouds my beautiful MDMA experience, you can't roll two days in a row" etc. Remember what happened in Russia, 1917.

This to me seems like another case of blaming something else for our own problems. Bluelight is set up to provide every one with information about drug use, effects and harm reduction. If you read anything on this site u will start to realize that drugs do have side effects, big suprise, however you will also find ways reduce these negative effects or at least let u know what is going on. In the case of said weed-user, convincing himself into thinking he has bi-polar, lets look at the information provided by bluelight on canabis use - i go have a look and i find a thread "Dealing with Anxiety/Paranoia" heres the link http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103562

You've been given the information - Its your choice how you use it - Unlike todays media it is not tainted by political and profit based bias- Its created for us and used by us so we can understand what we are doing in a world where we are not aloud to discuss drugs, where we are given information based on "Drugs are bad" and "just say no", there is no readily available support for drug users who aren't planning on giving up.

Thank You! i'm sorry i came across so rude and ignorant i just read my posts and probably should have worded them a little differantly. I'm not trying to have a go at bluelight and that isn't particulary a theory "of mine" just knew that'd get people worked up.
Cowboy Mac's first post great! and Captain Ping and Koston thank you!
The issue Captain Ping brought up is probably what bothers me a little about certain drug users these days droping the "Junkie" or "Fucking Stupid" label way too much. I know drugs are dangerous, and i understand some people are happy to be ignorant. I just don't want people to think i'm ignorant, i made quite a few stupid posts the other day and i apologise i was in a bit of a state.
And btw just to clear things up I never said i was the boy or blamed/acused (if i was, i think Koston sorta pointed out the rudeness some people showed) bluelight in anyway i think its obvious that this site has great potential for well-doing.

P.S psy_taco my mother is works in phsycology and i still wouldn't give alot of them credit. Alot of them are WRONG! I knew a girl down the street who was offered lithium very close to the end of her treatment during a second opinion, you'd be surprised.

P.S.S i'm very used to being shut down or put in my place, so please go ahead, its how i learn.