Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills & feeling loved up

capt_staunch

Bluelighter
Hi,

It may not make any sense but I was wondering, if you meet someone while pilled off your head and you become really fond of her from that moment, is it possible that you like that person because of the association with the feeling of MDMA instead of say "true" love?

Hard to explain but I'm trying my best.

Part of the normal human chemical reaction when someone is in love is the natural release of the neurotransmitter, serotonin. It is entirely possible that feelings of love could be attributed to the effects of MDMA but this could be confused with you truly feeling like you are in love. That being said I think love is difficult to define, and as a person who doesn't believe in love at first sight I think it was more likely the MDMA and set and setting, combined with simple physical attraction. No one will be able to categorically answer this for you, but I am sure you will discover over time if any feelings for her remain strong.

capt_staunch said:
Hi,

It may not make any sense but I was wondering, if you meet someone while pilled off your head and you become really fond of her from that moment, is it possible that you like that person because of the association with the feeling of MDMA instead of say "true" love?

Hard to explain but I'm trying my best.

I feel for you man.... I have experienced this myself.
Good friend that I used work with (not really attracted to) , we started going to clubs as friends and taking E's.(buddy type system)

Before long things changed and got into a 6 month love affair... don't want to post too many details but it could have ruined my life but lucky for me some people can forgive others.

If you don't feel attracted to said person when you are not on the pills then it is farely certain that it is just the pills tricking you into thinking that you are in love.

Moving interstate and staying off drugs for 9 months helped me clear my head. But even now my mind still has flash backs of memorable happenings. The brain remembers lots of things you wish you could forget, and sometimes can't be fooled. Who else out there looks up as soon as someone mentions "ice" or "speed" or "roll" in a normal conversation??? :)

Hope this helps you, Peace Out.

Last edited:
Personally I reckon the "loved up" feeling on E is more a power of suggestion than a chemical release from the drug. I mean, I've seen ppl get loved up on pills that were just speed or mda based. It's just a association with the scene and what is expected. The very first time I had mdma, I can't say I was loved up, just really smattered and feeling euphoric. I got the loved up feeling when I started hanging around ppl who were actual ravers and not my dickhead mates who were more into tripping and smoking weed. I think pills give the potential to make u feel in love, but they don't force ur mood. And yes I have had such feelings for friends before on pills, then realised later on, I always had those feelings, was just too inhibited to think or express them whilst stoned or sober. Well that's my two cents

Peace Out

I think that it is very likely that a person's mind can draw a strong association between the person you were with or had met whilst on MDMA and perceive these feelings to be a strong attachment to the person after they are no longer on MDMA (i hope that made some sense).
For instance I have found that girls (met them for the first time that night) that I have slept with on MDMA I think about more for the next week than the ones that I slept with on alcohol. Same for girls that I've just been chatting too that night. I dunno, in my opinion the combination of being on MDMA and having some level of intimacy with that person whilst on MDMA, could easily lead to feelings of attachment and love that are stronger than had you met the person when sober or under the influence of other drugs. IF the neurological pathways of feelings of love are similar enough to the neurological pathways of MDMA then why not. However with something as complex as human attachment and love there are so many confounding variables involved that whatever is said is just speculation.
Capt Staunch if you've met someone you think you might love then I'm happy for you, if this was just a thread thats purely for conversation then I say good topic mate

psy_taco said:
I think that it is very likely that a person's mind can draw a strong association between the person you were with or had met whilst on MDMA and perceive these feelings to be a strong attachment to the person after they are no longer on MDMA (i hope that made some sense).
For instance I have found that girls (met them for the first time that night) that I have slept with on MDMA I think about more for the next week than the ones that I slept with on alcohol. Same for girls that I've just been chatting too that night. I dunno, in my opinion the combination of being on MDMA and having some level of intimacy with that person whilst on MDMA, could easily lead to feelings of attachment and love that are stronger than had you met the person when sober or under the influence of other drugs.
IF the neurological pathways of feelings of love are similar enough to the neurological pathways of MDMA then why not. However with something as complex as human attachment and love there are so many confounding variables involved that whatever is said is just speculation.
Capt Staunch if you've met someone you think you might love then I'm happy for you, if this was just a thread thats purely for conversation then I say good topic mate

I somewhat agree with you, this is the first "experience" I had while on MDMA so it is quite profounding for me, as I can't understand why I should still have these strong feelings, considering the encounter was a brief "one-off" and I have not spoken or seen her since. If I meet someone at a pub or bar & have a one-nighter I would normally think nothing more of it & move on.

I thought once the MDMA has worn off it would subside but it's been a couple of weeks now and the feelings are still there so it's really starting doing my head in.

Cowboy, with your comments about Serotonin & feelings of being in love, I regularly do pills & take 5-HTP. Trying not to sound too far-fetched but could this symptom indicate anything about my brain dopamine & serotonin activity?

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel. I once fell in love with a St. John's (first aid) worker while i was completly mashed at an event.

See if you can meet up with her agian, if not you'll get over her.

I'll always love you Wendy. :)

I met my girlfriend whilst chopped. Transmission Feb last year. Wasnt love at first sight, but definately like at first sight. We were really good friends for about 6 weeks before we realised, that if we were with each other all day and night, and couldnt get enough of it, we may as well be going out. Has been fantastic. Granted the feeling was first felt when off guts, but it stayed there because I wanted it to.

I get loved up with people all the time on pills and if I want to continue feeling that way afterwards, I can. If you still think you love/like her when you come down, then you will.

My stoned $0.02