Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Most dengerous drugs for your health

goodgirl

Bluelighter
I did a search and couldnt find anything...

I was just wondering what is the most dengerous drug for your health ,
i mean what is the worst to take and/or be abusing for your system

Thanks

i would imagine that it would be cocaine or methamphetamine?

or, of course, any number of research chemicals about which many questions still exist.

Also depends on a lot of things such as how much and how regularly you use the drug. Also, if a person has a predisposition to a disease such as hypertension.

I would probably say meth is up there as very dangerous.

ok apart from alcohol and tobacco, you guys really think meth is THAT bad??? dont think im defending it, im just interested because, i've gotta say, i really dont mind the odd line of either two aforementioned drugs (meth or coke) and reading that makes me a touch worried. what sort of dangers are we looking at (apart from heart attacks)?
Or are they ok if used in moderation? and what is the definition of moderation??

Most dangerous drug? Well it all depends how you ask the question....

If you mean dangerous because how easy it is to get and its socially accepted to abuse or binge on, alcohol.

If you mean damaging due to being addictive and badly abused, I'd guess methamphetamines or heroin.

Then you could mean dangerous as in possible to kill you with a single dose, then something with a narrow margin of error like GHB or a RC.

Definitely meth. Cocaine isn't neurotoxic so while it's tough on your body, it's definitely less damaging than meth.

Meth is highly addictive (it's harder for an addict to quit meth than it is to quit heroin), it's neurotoxic, and can bring on a bunch of psychological disorders related to anxiety. Meth can also bring on seizures and psychotic episodes. It's hard on your body, stopping you from sleeping and eating.

Fuck meth. There are very few drugs that I would really advise people to stay away from and meth is one of those few.

The reason I don't mention tobacco is because of a personal bias...I don't really care what happens to my body as long as my brain is okay.

truth is anything is bad if u do too much of it!! I do believe that too much of a good thing can sometimes kill you. (i.e. tabacco) . moderation.... & tester kits cos sometimes it will only take that one pill to send you to hospital. :)

Reason I chose meth was the fact that it is so neurotoxic. I have severe short term memory loss due to previous meth abuse, but it is getting better... slowly. I do find these days just after a night out on a little speed makes me a forgetful idiot again very quickly.

These days I load up with a nice hit of Vit C to combat those bastard 'Free Radicals' and I tell you, it works a treat

Tobacco i reckon. But anything that affects how you look after yourself because its so addictive and you dont care about anything else is not good. One could also argue that some drugs are bad for your health due to bad cutting agents.

Satricion you said "it's harder for an addict to quit meth than it is to quit heroin"

....are you serious?? Have you had a serious daily addiction to both of these drugs to base this statement?? Because I have aaaaand I gotta tell ya, meth is psychologicaly addictive but heroin is psychologicaly and physicaly addictive and you have to go to great lengths to break its grip.

I'm not saying that you might have had a harder time quitting meth and you may have been fucked over by it, but hard scientific evidence proves that heroin is a lot more addictive.

most dangerous drug are inhalants (chroming) - think petrol sniffing, not a healthy habit whatsoever.

as erowid itself says

"WARNING: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe use of most volatile solvents, aerosols or other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include information on inhalant in order to help document their real world use, but the inclusion of this information is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous."
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/inhalants/inhalants.shtml

but then if ur going for the kill count then tobacco / alcohol win every time

I think its very difficult question to answer....

I mean ... look up bluelight and it covers thousands of threads in all areas....and looks at drugs and things like that in many different light or views...

It really depends where you coming from... you mean physically or mentally or what?

I mean if you looked at the bottom of the bluelight's index/homepage or almost everypage you go even you replied to threads, etc... it says:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "SAFE" DRUG USE!

I think it explains everything....

i thought question was what was the "most dengerous"

IMO the most socially accepted drug that is extremely dangerous and easy to get a hold of is METH!

i would say smoking meth is especially dangerous, as its more addictive than railing or swallowing and i dont think anyones studies the effects of meth vapour on fragile lung tissues... not to mention that your smoking whatever reidual chems are left in the mix...

John Candy said:
Satricion you said "it's harder for an addict to quit meth than it is to quit heroin"

....are you serious?? Have you had a serious daily addiction to both of these drugs to base this statement?? Because I have aaaaand I gotta tell ya, meth is psychologicaly addictive but heroin is psychologicaly and physicaly addictive and you have to go to great lengths to break its grip.

I'm not saying that you might have had a harder time quitting meth and you may have been fucked over by it, but hard scientific evidence proves that heroin is a lot more addictive.

Actually you're wrong. Hard scientific evidence indicates that smoked crystal methamphetamine is more addictive than heroin.

Relapse rates for meth addicts are higher than those of heroin addicts. Every chart which ranks substances in terms of their addictiveness that I have ever seen in any academic context places smoked methamphetamine above heroin.

The fact that heroin causes physical withdrawal symptoms doesn't make it more addictive...sure heroin withdrawal might be damn painful, but anyone who has quit heroin for any length of time will tell you that the real battle starts after the withdrawals are over, because you then have to go and live life without the drug. The distinction between psychological and physical addiction isn't really useful here...heroin withdrawals are painful but not actually dangerous to a person's health.

It could be argued that the heroin subculture that exists can make heroin harder to quit for people who do nothing but live their drug, and that the existence of this subculture means that addicts find it hard to get away from heroin because all their friends are doing it or living it. I don't think that sort of subculture exists to the same degree with meth.

But the fact remains that relapse rates are higher for meth than for heroin. Hell, go and read Phreex's guide to quitting meth. I think he mentions in that that meth is hands down the hardest drug to quit.

This may be of interest...

Gable RS. Comparison of acute lethal toxicity of commonly abused psychoactive substances.Addiction. 2004 Jun;99(6):686-96.

AIMS: To determine the acute lethal toxicity of a range of psychoactive
substances in terms of the dose customarily used as a single substance for
non-medical purposes. DESIGN AND METHOD: A structured English-language
literature search was conducted to identify experimental studies and clinical
reports that documented human and non-human lethal doses of 20 abused substances
that are distributed widely in Europe and North America. Four inclusion criteria
were specified for the reports, and approximately 3000 relevant records were
retrieved from search engines at Biosis, Science Citation Index, Google and the
National Library of Medicine's Gateway. In order to account for different drug
potencies, a 'safety ratio' was computed for each substance by comparing its
reported acute lethal dose with the dose most commonly used for non-medical
purposes. FINDINGS: The majority of published reports of acute lethal toxicity
indicate that the decedent used a co-intoxicant (most often alcohol). The
calculated safety ratios varied between substances by more than a factor of 100.
Intravenous heroin appeared to have the greatest direct physiological toxicity;
several hallucinogens appeared to have the least direct physiological toxicity.
CONCLUSIONS: Despite residual uncertainties, the substantial difference in
safety ratios suggests that abused substances can be rank-ordered on the basis
of their potential acute lethality.

I'm sorry John Candy but the kids right...

But I have also read on many many sites, scientific, social, chemicals etc... that states Meth is alot more dangerous than Heroin! However I personally have been lucky enough not to have came up with this problem. So I wouldn't know for myself I have only said off what I have researched.

Also what you have experienced is Personal... everyones different, when Scientists do these tests they examine the chemical make-up! They don't go into a little room jacking it up to see how hard it is to get off it.

SpecTBK =D