1 x Magnesium Carbonate 300mg

Daily before/during/after stimulant use (in addition to daily regimen):

1 x Magnesium Carbonate
1 x Piracetam 2g

Daily before/during/after MDMA/MDA use (in addition to daily regimen):

1 x 5-HTP
1 x Magnesiuim Carbonate
1 x Piracetam 2g

I've found magnesium supplements REALLY help with muscle fatigue/jaw clenching after MDMA or other stims. The Piracetam (for me) has been amazing, I've been taking it for about 2 years now and it made my rolls SO much better. It's *almost* like the first few times you do MDMA (like when you're just holding onto something/someone because you are just overwhelmed by the feelings.

Anybody have any comments? Anything I'm missing or should be using?

I've always wanted to look into supplements for jaw clench, as I find it really irritating during and post-trip. I only take psychedelics, do you suggest magnesium carbonate?

Well, I used to get bad jaw clenching after MDMA, not so much during the peak but during the comedown and next day. When I get home after a night out I usually force down some fruit (apple or grapes) and a banana. Though that helped me the next day I still had jaw clenching until I started dosing with magnesium.

There are many different magnesium supplements, magnesium carbonate is one of the more "bioavailable" ones. The best one is apparently magnesium laurate? I haven't been able to find it cheaply available though.

Here is the website I got my information from initially:

Bruxism (Clenching/Grinding Teeth)

Bruxism - Magnesium Requirement
According to Ploceniak, prolonged magnesium administration nearly always provides a cure for bruxism. This confirms an earlier report which claimed remarkable reductions and sometimes disappearance in the frequency and duration of grinding episodes in six patients who took assorted vitamins and minerals (which included 100mg of magnesium) for at least five weeks. When the supplement intake stopped, the symptoms returned. [Bruxism and Magnesium, My Clinical Experiences Since 1980, by C. Ploceniak (Translated from the French by James Michels)]

Right now, I merely take a multivitamin, and, when I can, alpha-lipoic acid, a very strong antioxidant. I would like to investigate more into piracetam, as I've heard so many great things about it, but I'm concerned as to any negative or long-term effects of daily consumption.

Pharms:

Bupropion (Wellbutrin XR) 450 mg
Venlafaxine (Efexor XR) 150 mg
(d)-amphetamine spansule (XR) 30 mg

Supplements:

1 Multivitamin (100% and all that jazz)
1 Vitamin B Spectrum Booster (not megadose, but more than a traditional multi)
Vinpocetine 5-10 mg
Piracetam 1600 mg
Chromium 200 mcg
DHA/EPA (Fatty Acids) 1000 mg

Occasional Use:

(L)-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) 100 mg
N-acetyl-cysteine (for liver enzyme regulation)
Diazepam 5-10 mg

Last edited:
Daily:
2 x Now Foods ADAM supperior man multi (has tons of good stuff)
1 x 1 gr fish oil with 50mg garlic
1-2 x Now Green tea 400 mg
1 x time release vit c 500mg
1 x ginseng (mixed ginsengs) one bottle every 6 months

Preworkout
100-200 mg caffeine
B-12 sublingual 2500 mcg
1-2 gr L-tyrosine
sometimes i add some ephedrine, ALCAR, DMAE and chocamine

PreMDxx
antacid
vitc c 2 gr every 4 hours
ALCAR + chocamine
multivit + B-12
4 x green tea
magnesium
2 x ginseng
1 x maca
200 mg caffeine
some grapefruit juice

As for jaw clenching i tried adding lot's of calcium and magnesium, but still after about 4 hours after taking e i start clenching my jaw.

I only take multivitamins, 1 per day.

And I'm not one for pre/post loading with half the health store (I do tend to take 5-HTP after a pill session though). Slightly off topic... Talking about Magnesium... after badly chewing the fuck out of my mouth whilst on MDMA last weekend, and getting a couple of extremely painful ulcers, I decided it was about time I invested in some magnesium. Got some 500mg tablets on the way.

My questions are:

1) What is a good dose in people's experience for preventing jar clenches and gurning. I've heard anything from 500-1500mg....

2) How long before I take some MDMA, should I take the magnesium to give it time to work?

3) In general, are the laxative effects anything to be careful about at such doses?! (I realise that it probably varies from person to person)?

It depends... at the moment I'm taking (per day)
1 x Swisse Men's Multivitamin
1 x 1000mg fish oil (for DHA/EPA)
for those in Australia, I highly recommend the Swisse.... good value, in my opinion

Around exam time this increases to (per day)
4000 mg piracetam, in divided doses
1000 mg l-phenylalanine
1000 mg choline
5 mg selegiline (yay!)
1g Acetyl-l-carnitine
300mg alpha lipoic acid
(plus the list at the top)

I rate ALL of the substances there. You can get pretty obscene with the nootropics, but there comes a point when the returns diminish...

Selegiline is weird.... After taking it for about 2 weeks I end up with this semi-photographic memory. I don't remember everything the first time, but certainly a lot more than normal. And it doesn't "feel" like I remember it. For example, when you rote-learn a list of words, you feel confident that you know them. You can just rattle them off. If I do that with selegiline, I can do it MUCH faster, but don't have that feeling of knowing it... yet the words are there anyway. All the stuff is there. I think it's just the lack of the "i've put heaps of time into this" feeling, but it's strange nonetheless.

I wonder what the effect of switching selegiline for rasagiline would be....

I'm currently searching for a cheaper ALCAR (acetyl-l-carnitine) source.

It's rather expensive in Australia. like $70 for 50g =\ There are much cheaper options overseas:

1) Bulk powders.
Though piracetam from bulknutrition has been great, I ordered ALCAR from them and seemed to have received l-carnitine. It was labelled as such, and certainly didn't "feel" like ALCAR normally does. I rang them to confirm and they said it was ALCAR, but I don't believe them.

I was so excited when I found smi2le, but I got ripped off there. Spent $100 and still haven't received my orders 6 months later, despite numerous emails =\ I'm still trying to follow it up

2) vitacost

www.vitacost.com = THE BOMB. So much good stuff, at decent prices too.

Still, I'd prefer to get ALCAR in bulk.

(Please remove these links if they offend the rules... I'm not certain as to whether this forum allows links to supplements. I've got a question in support pending in regards to this)

Last edited:
^^^ Selegiline eh? Sounds neat. I'm going to go do some reading on that.

I hope this forum will allow sources.. there are so many good deals for bulk supplements... but they are sometimes hard to find.

Maybe we can get some bulk order companies to give a Bluelighter Discount

%)

1 x "complete" multivitamin
1 x B-complex supplement ("megadose")
1 x 500mg Vitamin C supplement
1 x Vitamin E supplement
1 x Lycopene tablet
2 x Calcium tablets (50% RDA each)

I take the vitamin E, C, and lycopene supplements mainly for their antioxidant properties, but they have other benefits.

I will likely start taking an iron supplement, or at least try to work in more iron-containing vegetables. I switched to a vegetarian diet last fall, and I'm concerned I might not be getting enough. I guess I'll go get a haemocrit done at some point and find out.

In regards to people who take lots of vitamin E / vitamin C:

vitamin C is actually a pro-oxidant at high doses. In addition it combines with iron in the gut to yield some nasty stuff (I saw a reference for this a while ago; I admit I'm not particularly knowledgable about it)

Studies find over and over that long-term intake of vitamin C/ E confers no life-extension benefits, and may actually reduce life expectancy.

lifeisforliving said:
^^^ Selegiline eh? Sounds neat. I'm going to go do some reading on that.

Selegiline is unreal. Go search for the thread in Australian Drug Discussiona bout it (it may also be listed as deprenyl)

Just don't go taking it with any antidepressants, or ecstasy. You might find yourself dead =\

Just don't go taking it with any antidepressants, or ecstasy. You might find yourself dead =\

On this site: http://www.selegiline.com/

It says at 5 to 10mg it is a selective MAO-B inhibitor. Wouldn't that be OK with MDMA? How long should I stop it before I do MDMA?

Is it OK to take with a little bit of speed?

------
from the link:
At dosages of below 10-15 mg daily, selegiline retains its selectivity for the type-B MAO iso-enzyme; but it is also a weak reversible inhibitor of the type-A MAO iso-enzyme. In contrast to unselective and irreversible MAO inhibitors such as tranylcypromine (Parnate) and phenelzine (Nardil), both of which strongly potentiate the catecholamine-releasing effect of tyramine, selegiline inhibits it. This ensures that low-dosage selegiline does not induce the hypertensive "cheese effect". A regimen of 2 x 5mg daily of selegiline daily irreversibly inhibits over 90% of MAO-B in the basal ganglia, the location of over 80% of dopamine in the human brain. This level of MAO-B inhibition leads to a 40%-70% increase in synaptic dopamine.

This is starting to get off topic.... some people have taken it with ecstasy, but report that they feel extremely hot and speedy. In my view you shouldn't do it at all.... the irreversible MAO inhibitors are dangerous to mess with, because if you screw up you don't get a second chance.

Ideally you should stop it 21 days before MDMA. How much MAO-B inhibition you have depends on how long you've been taking it for, but I certainly wouldn't do anything less than about 10 days. (when using 5mg per day)

I take vitamin C- 250-500 mg daily currently, occasionally taking 5-HTP if I feel restless and cant fall asleep, and melatonin for the same purpose- this usually happens once every few weeks.

My previous regimen felt a little extreme to me:

1000-2000 Vitamin C
150 mg Ginko Biloba (I really dislike the effect of this- it was psychoactive for me)
Vitamin B complex
Vitamin E 400 IU
a collection of minerals
Spirulina
Omega 3 fatty acids switched off with Fish Oil
and I was taking St. John's Wort

I felt like it was too much and too expensive to keep up. Now I just try my best to eat healthier by making sure I get as many nutrients in every meal as possible. I still take vitamin C because I feel like it does do something for my body- and I strangely like the bitter taste of the ascorbic acid. When I was growing up, ascorbic acid came in little powder packs, rather then pills and I would drink that in my tea or water (I grew up in Russia).

i fear bluelighters are so accustomed to taking pills that they think concentrated amounts of pure vitamins will be better than getting those vitamins from various natural sources. A diet that is rich in whole (as in unprocessed) foods is a lot better than eating crappy food and taking a multi-vitamin. many of the vitamin suppliements out there are poorly absorbed because your body isn't built to take the vitamins in thier pure forms. Other vitamins have unexpected results.. like vitamin E does such a good job promoting cell groth, it will speed up the spread of cancers.

besides, minimally processed foods taste so much better, and your stomach will thank you too =D

Iron supplement pills
General Purpose Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin C supplement
Fish Oil gels
Zinc sublingual tablets

(unsure of any dosages of the above and to lazy to go check)

Unfortunately, I cant get into a daily routine to take supplements that 'might' be beneficial, so its more of a 'when-I-think-about-it' routine. :\

I have to agree with frizzantik, and its not just bluelighters, it feels like a common thing among so many people in America nowadays- the feeling that vitamins and other supplemental pills can replace food- but our bodies developed in a way that allows them to extract nutrients from food. In truth, we dont need that much food- but with the restaurant businesses exploding like crazy, we find huge sized meals for pretty low prices and then we feel like its ok to eat more, and then our stomachs expand making us more hungry. Thats just how the system plays its game... but all we need is a few small well balanced meals a day.

frizzantik said:
i fear bluelighters are so accustomed to taking pills that they think concentrated amounts of pure vitamins will be better than getting those vitamins from various natural sources. A diet that is rich in whole (as in unprocessed) foods is a lot better than eating crappy food and taking a multi-vitamin.

I completely agree :)

I must admit though, I'm yet to find a plant/animal that produces piracetam/selegiline. Please let me know if you find one ;)