Why should I think about this man?
What did he do for me?
He did drugs and drank like a fish,
And loved his LSD.
Remember you now that you're gone?
Your wish must have come true,
Oddly enough, I think you know,
That I've turned into you.
This poem is written for those of us that have lost friends or family to drugs. Many of us watched these people die slowly, and yet our tribute tothem is to follow their lead. Sometimes we need to pull our heads out of our asses and see where we must draw a line. I can't preach against drug abuse because I am no hippocrate, but I can tell you that many people ruin their lives because they are blinded by the haze that is the euphoria of a good drug. Don't stray too far from reality, and maybe you can live to test your limits another day. Everybody dies, but not everybody enjoys every possible moment before they do so. Use your judgement.
PLUR
smile.gif

You know, this really hits a spot in my heart. See I lost my brother not even a year ago. He had led a tough life. Drugs, drinking, you name it. Ofcourse I loved him but I can't help but feel anger towards him now. He shot himself and I am still unable to deal with it. It is so hard, I just keep thinking to myself that I am going to wake up every day for the rest of my life and never see him or hear his voice.I miss him greatly and I am very lonely. I am no saint by any means, I do my fair share(probably more)of partying but I don't think that my life is taking the same course as his. But after reading this, I don't know. It scares me.

You make a really good point...makes me stop and think...thanks this was great.
PLUR,
kimmy.

that's a great post
fortunately both my sisters who used to party hard and do a lot of drugs came out of it, and even though they warned me and tried to convince me never to do them i wanted to try them
even though i now have the knowledge to party sober, most people seem to have this it won't happen to me "shield" around them
they think as long as they don't think they have a problem then they don't
it's pretty sad

the one wish I have in life is for everyone to realize how much their actions affect other people's lives. my brother smokes pot 4 - 8 times a day, probably, as little as 4 times is rare. i have watched him deteriorate for 6 long years, and it breaks my heart that he doesn't care how much he is hurting me, our parents, and his friends. i do drugs, too, but not excessively. PLEASE remember moderation is the key!!!!!!

Damn Rollo, you've done it again. I've yet to lose someone close, but your words just sink in so deep. Dude, I check the words forum everyday, just to see if you've posted a new poem.
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

This hit home in a different way then others!
Thanks for the poem! It was great!
------------------
------------------------
Be all you can be! Take some E!

That is really beutiful. It is really sad to see people throw their lives away like that. I tried coke a few times with a friend and LOVED it...When I stepped back to look at what it was doing to her and what it could possibly do to me...I vowed never to do it again...Now, I roll MAYBE once every 4-6 weeks...I love everyone in my life too much to hurt them by hurting myself...
Take care of yous....
XOXO
Have fun and be careful!!

I just wanted to put this back to the top bc it just makes me think