Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill Pressing!

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Hey I was just wondering. How do pill manufacturers get their presses?

And also how do they get their logos?

Sorry if this question violates anything!

but it's been on my mind ever since I first had a pill 2 years ago staring at the 007, wondering where they get the little logo from and how they pressed them into a pill. I've only just thought of posting it just now, I've always wondered, how do they get that little logo and how do they get them pressed?

What sort of process would they have to go through to press them, I mean what do they add to the MDMA or whatever to press it, well make it all stay together?

SpecTBK=D

The main thing here that Im wondering is how on earth they make that tiny, tiny logo imprint!

Also, when using these binders... could any of these be HARMFUL to the user?

I know how they actually press them and what they use, it was mainly a question of that meticulous logo. How on earth do they create that little thing. I mean they would use a milling machine of some sort on the stainless steel. However I do not think that there are too many milling machines around with a cutting die that small that could make the logo, actually I don't see any of the milling machine manufacturers making such a small mill.

I was thinkin the other day that maybe pills like NIKES used the earrings... like you know WARNEY that spinner, how he used to wear the nike tick ear-ring. Like fully about the same size, If you got 200 of them stuck them on the inside of dies... LOL you could be punching out at least 4,000 a minute!

I could see home made jobs using Homebrew cappers!

So is it long excrushiating hours sitting by the homebrew cappers for all these (dodgy) home made jobs getting around, or would they use something like a hydraulic press.

I was thinking theother day you could make a GIANT, cookie cutter. Just buy lengths and lengths of stainless tube, weld to a sheet of stainless, then attach to a TILE PRESS... you could press quite a few and using a tile press I mean nothing could break these little mofo's, u could jump on them to no avail!

SpecTBK

They're actually pressed as blanks, and hundreds of little elves carve out the logo's by hand. That's why some pills are crumbly, and every pill always looks slightly different. They're beginning to phase out this process though, because too many elves were cutting their fingers off when they were trying to make the score on the back, and now workcover is on to them.

Special-T.B.K said:
The main thing here that Im wondering is how on earth they make that tiny, tiny logo imprint!

Also, when using these binders... could any of these be HARMFUL to the user?

Micro engineering and prototype toolmaking aren't as uncommon as one might think. I once knew a jeweller who had a very high quality lathe and a mill with tiny dies. Try looking at catalogues from some of the major electronic and optical based research equipment suppliers. I've got a cat with several fluted end mills and slot drills listed. Some are specifically designed for profiling with the smallest listed being 1.5mm

As for excipients and binders. Sure some of these could be harmful. Others may not be harmful but certainly unappealing. PVA is reported to be commonly used in small scale pressing as it is apparently non-toxic.

The likelihood of a dodgy formulation is increased if the pressing was done in a back yard. Commercial tablet ingredients are used legally in large amounts so it's very likely some form of criminal diversion would supply many of the bigger players.

The bottom line is; if someone with the intent has a 10 ton + press and can machine and weld stainless, then a larger device could easily be constructed IMO.

The other commonly stated point concerns the ART of pill making. Even having the correct ingredients and a commercial press won't guarantee a quality product. In this respect it might be said pill making is similar to baking a pavlova.

i think ive read on here before, that the people that makes the powder dont press it into pills. they normally sell it to a presser. and the presser dude might own one of these suckers

rotapress.gif

"will knock out 800,000 pills per hour" said p_d in another thread.