• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5 HTP illegal in Victoria??? - Since When??

santanzi

Bluelighter
is htp illegal in victoria??
had a friend who put in an order 2 weeks ago from healthyonline in NZ
http://marketplace.xtra.co.nz/cgi-bin/HealthyOnline.storefront/561962225/Catalog/1242]http://marketplace.xtra.co.nz/cgi-bin/HealthyOnline.storefront/561962225/Catalog/1242
this source is usually real good and gets us the tabs in abt 4 working days - this time a week and a half and no news!
so my friend calls the online shoppe in NZ - and she gets transfered on to a supervisor..hmm.
gets asked if she is in victoria? yes??
seems police/customs in victoria has been on the phone with them and and asked them not to send 5-htp to VIC as it is a banned substance here (?) - and that they were returning 4 consignments..one of which was supposed to reach us before the easter break!
healthy online was prepared to either resend the package to a non VIC address or reverse charges to the credit card used..
anyone in a similar situation? or has there been a change in policy on the procurement of 5-htp in this state / country?
------------------

eat me! eat me! eat me! eat me!..hehehe
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by santanzi (edited 13 April 2001).]

I had the same problem as you!
Tried ordering from the healthy nz last week preparing for the easter break, put my order in but got a reply the next day saying it was banned in Victoria.
I was under the impression 5htp could be imported BUT not sold here in Aust.
Might have to get it sent interstate and redirected.
Good luck

WTF?!? what are they trying to do to us??
frown.gif

what possible reason could they have for banning 5htp?? where can we find out more info about this?

How rude!! I've checked with the Customs Site, which promptly bounced me across to the Department of Health and Aged Care web site. I've looked in the banned and controlled substances list and theres no mention of 5HTP... The site could be out of date however.
The only 5HTP package available from Healthy Online is a VERY no frills package - it's got nothing but the 5HTP compound and I think a rice powder for the base filler.
There's no referrals as to who to ask about individual state legislation however... I looked in the Vic Depth of Health web site and its a pile of s**t...
I'm thinking of just ordering a pile, and getting a friend in Syd to post it across but gotta make sure that's legal as well.. ... Also - does anyone know what those F*#$!ers in customs considers a 'personal use' quantity??
Heheh - maybe someone interstate could set up a forwarding service.. Not selling the stuff of course coz that would clearly be out- but re-posting it???
smile.gif

I make up little recovery packs for friends (free of course :p) and can't imagine life without the wonder substance....
Oh well... Will keep people posted if I get any sense out of Vic customs office...
Unk-E Benny.

Similarily, I also received this from Healthy Online...
"Thank you for your order placed at healthyonline. We appreciate your custom.
Unfortunately we have recently been informed by the Victoria Police that 5HTP is a banned substance in State of Victoria and we are unable to supply your order, delivered to any address in this State.
You may like to supply an alternative delivery address in another State.
We do apologise for this inconvenience, which is totally beyond our control."
If your looking for another online alternative I recommend www.biosynergy.com
Any others???
BlueChicK
*smiles all round*

Boys and Girls I have the word from the horses mouth - please read.
I spoke with Victorian Customs Office (Customs Information Service) who explained that the legal regualtion of such substances, and it's importation and use is controlled by the Theraputic Goods Administration branch of the Department of Health. This is a federal group and as such they dictate what we can import and how much.
I have spoken to a member of their staff who confirmed that 5HTP was legal to import and use in all states and territories, providing you dont import large quantities.
A copy of the email (edited to remove names) is included below. If you need to contact them for further information, call 1800 020 653
This is GREAT NEWS... I havent spoken to the Vic Police, but they dont make the laws, they simply enforce them, and the people that regulate the laws in this area have given us the all-clear. They were suprised that such a fuss would be made over such a harmless substance and the boys at the Therapeutic Goods Administration were nothing but helpful (*hugz* to you guys)...
I find myself with a strange fetish for chasing points of law so please let me know if you have further problems.
I'd suggest a few people call the above number and raise concerns that this is happening... They're likely to jump on their high horse and pull back control of the substance to it's rightful place - a win for us...
It shits me that the goverment cant only target the means we use for 'minimising harm' rather than teaching people what the drugs are all about ...
Heres the letter - sorry for such a long post...
-------------------------------
Dear Mr [surname removed]
Thank you for your email concerning the importation of the product L5 - Hydroxytryptophan for personal use.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has no objection to you personally importing up to a three (3) month supply of L5 - Hydroxytryptophan every three months to a maximum of 15 months in a single year.
This product is not prohibited into Australia under the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations and does not require an import permit.
If you require additional assistance I can be contacted by return email, or on [direct phone # removed].
Sincerely
[name removed]
Experimental Drugs Section
Drug Safety and Evaluation Branch
-------------------------------

When they stated a 3 month supply is the max you can import. does that mean 120 Capsules?

Umm no - thats the trick... Most of the brands of 5HTP out there recommend a maximum dosage of 1 capsule per day (I've seen both 50mg and 100mg ones with the same recommended dosages)... Based on that you can only bring 90 capsules in within a 3 month window...
A package of 120 capsules when the dosage is 1 per day would be required to be bounced by customs as being 'too much for personal use'... Sucks huh? I've seen the 120 packs and they actually work out really cost effective to order...
I found one Australian mail order site in Brisbane offering 5HTP... This should be free of customs restrictions but I'm not entirely confident they're meant to be selling the stuff... I've emailed them to check on a few details and I'll let everyone know the outcome
smile.gif

Hey Guys - more info.... Please see the email below from an Australian company based in QLD... These guys can send it around Oz to us with no limitations on the number we buy... The price is kinda high but when you consider that its standard post vs. air freight, and theres no currency conversions etc it starts to look really good... Oddly they have 75mg doses rather than 100 or 50, but still..... ENJOY!
----------------
Dear [name removed],
5 Hydroxy Tryptophan can be legally sold in Queensland.
I believe you could travel to Queensland, buy some and then take it back to Victoria with you.
In Australia at this time we do not have customs inspections between states within Australia.
You are free to purchase 5HTP from us - I am not aware of any restriction.
Please let me know if we can help you further.
Regards,
[name removed]
Vitamins and Supplements Australia www.vitaminsaustralia.com.au

That is fantastic Unk-e Benny!
You mentioned you make recovery packs. Got a good recipie post/pre loading suggestions?
Keep up the good work!

Yay for benny!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA look!!! someone's interested in your recovery pax!!! methinks u should do a lil promo. in the social forum (or... here... whereva works best)!!!
...in the meanwhile... i'll still be baggin' ya 4 bein' such a dag!!!
------------------
*pop* "once you pop... you can't stop" PRINGLES

Hehe - Thanks E-N *hugz*....
I've started a new thread on the topic of "recovery packs" containing 5HTP.. I'm also keen to hear comments on a few other things in this thread.
Click Here to view the thread.
Thanks!

glad you investigated it unky - i didn't want to spill the beans here in case the site got shut down.
trivia... the 5-HTP plus bottle that vitaminsaustralia sell is manufactured in QLD as well by the good doctor vera...and the funny little info sheet they send you out with an order has a list of conditions that 5-HTP may help with. Number three is 'amphetamine use' LOL