• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The cult of e (A current affair this week)

Mr Giggles

Bluelighter
I was watching TV today and this ad came up for A current affair.
About a new cult in Australia (iam pretty sure they said Australia), They further went on to say "remember the (orange people), well their back!" anyway they showed a cult gathering and the people on it appeared to be under the influence of MDxx-
------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*

Yep the good old orange people, your spot on about the 'X'factor
Excert from: "Ecstacy and the Dance Culture" by Nicholas Saunders pg 18, under the heading
"Ecstacy arrives in Europe"
Ecstacy was brought to Europe by two distinct groups of users in the mid eighties.Followers of Bhargwan Rajneesh,the Indian guru whose disciples wore orange,brought it with them when they moved out of their ashram in Oregon;they spread its use as a means to self enlightenment.At about the same time it reached pleasure seekers in Ibiza who brought it back home to England.
The ad for A Current Affair said something about this cult setting up near Perth or somewhere in W.A. Could this mean a "flood"
for the Perth scene? fingers crossed.

i guess this comes back to the argument does MDMA hold medicinal value. If you feel it does then they are carrying out their work as any other organisation would such as a Church, if it doesn’t, then they are a cult promoting drug use...
------------------
When asking for cream charges, be ready for the patented nang smirk™ from the sales attendant.

I don't think ecstacy is a main part of their teaching, but love is, so that may be why closed minded people think they are a "drug cult" (ha!)... they probably also support individual freedom which may include the freedom to take drugs... so the conservatives would twist this around to mean the encourage everyone to take drugs...
That's the way conservative people work, if they don't agree with it, make it out to be extreme so average joe imagines the worst... therefore, if you hear that everyone takes drugs, the truth is probably that a few of them took/take drugs...
It was used by some orange people but not all... and that was so many years ago... it's just like any organised religion and it's not new in australia, have been here for at least 20 years or more... it's just aca looking for a tabloid story (oh what a surprise), and attempting to make an issue out of nothing...
They're not all under the effects of ecstacy Mr giggles, sounds like you are trying to encourage the view of orange people as drug takers! When I was a kid, my mum was an orange person for a while and the people just seemed like the usual people that get into religion - lost, freaked out, desparate for acknowledgement and closeness with others, and searching for justification for their lives... not people I would like to spend my time with!!! I would have been about 7, and went to a few of their parties where there were a few crazy women dancing around like they show on the aca ad (only 2 or 3 amongst maybe 100 people), even at that age I just thought those women were people trying too hard to be part of something, and attention seeking...
Even though some of them were involved with ecstacy in the early eighties, I wouldn't think that many of them would actually be into it these days in australia... they'd be all off their faces at their ashram in India!
As if people dancing around like lunatics means they are on drugs - it just means they're lunatics!!!

There was something on ACA tonight about this, by pure chance I happened to over-watch the news and strayed into the first 10 minutes of their report. Ugh. The tabloidism of it all!!
Basically it's just a bunch of people flaunting planning laws and pissing off the neighbours with a bit much traffic down back streets in Byron Bay. hardly the stuff of a controversial ecstacy report.. they certainly didn't mention anything about ecstacy in the time i was watching anyway

hah,
I've heard of the Orange people, a mate of mine has told me about the orange discs that were around about 8 years or so ago... prolly more like 10 years .. anyhow he said these pills were orange, thin and just about the thickness of a waif that U get at church and a weird offset oval shape, he had a half, and was OFF for about 13 hours of totally loved up ride of a offyatitsmygodthisshitrocksknowwotimeangeezer.. anyhow.. Cheers to the prange people and to their production of chemicals,, and lets hope they are after some money, coz I'll B the first there to buy them
smile.gif

Synth

I didn't actually see the report on aca but i was listening to JJJ and there was a recent operation in byron using a sniffer dog to sniff fer pot and wot not and the cop said the got 800 g of greenage and a couple g's of speed but no e's