Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cops at Venues Nowdays

Sugarfoot

Bluelighter
Just wanted to hear about how the cops are starting to rock up with sniffer dogs at some venues nowdays. l mean...l was at the mardi-gras after party (no, l'm not gay) with a few mates and l saw the cops giving anyone a search that had either a chupa-chup in their mouth or had moon-eyes. Is that fair. l mean....they know what is happening at these places, but there haven't been any deaths in ages. I only saw 1 person passout at the party. As soon as l saw the cops...l was like...shit, have to walk around another way...as l was chewing like a nut...with pupils HUGH as.
Also heard that they went to Jeff Mills on the weekend...
Do u think that this is fair...????

i don't follow politics.... but would there be an election on the horizon?

it's sort of a given that this happens a) at election time and b)someone dies in or around a club and there is huge pressure from the "public"
Quite a few years back in brisbane, after Deborah Hangar died (mind you, she'd taken ludicrous amounts of pills, drank shitloads of water...but hey, it's still an "ecstacy death")you would see uniformed police in nightclubs walk around a few times, check the place out , and leave. This would happen 3-4 times a night. Oh, perhaps i should mention that Deborah Hangars father was a magistrate in brisbane...but hey, that would have nothing to do with it at all, would it.
------------------
brisvegas gotta love it
Do you believe it when you see it, or do you see it when you believe it?

I've never actually heard of the whole sniffer dog scenario, but I've seen cops do the sweep of the venue and perhaps double check anyone who got a bit sketchy aroun them. I mean you've gotta remember if they see anything they are inclined to do something about it, but I think the most important thing here is not too lose your cool, it doesn't prove anything and it just attracts attention.
But I think this practise will die off, I mean the ones that they [Police] are really looking out for are the ones who are smart enough to hide it well enough too
wink.gif

I also notice this only happens at parties that are commercialy advertised, parties that are a little more underground (if there is such a thing now a days) they dont make such an apperance at.... perhaps they are pressured by the community to 'search' such events just to keep them [community] at bay.
I think I might add to this post I've got a few friends who are ex-cops that I've just thought off they might be able to add some light to the issue (perhaps someone here can as well?).

When it comes to police going to events, I think they realise there's not a lot they can do without doing a full raid/swoop.
They are under pressure to perform and bring in results, and I think a 2 hour street walk outside nightclubs where patrons are drunk and starting fights in the street would yield a lot more convictions, with a lot less paperwork & court time, than *maybe* being able to pick up one or two drug offenders in a club, which is difficult enough. Then the DPP would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that distribution rather than consumption was involved, which is tricky, expensive.. I think the only reason police even bother going to "dance" events is because of public pressure, which is sporadic & selective at best anyway.

I would have to say that I am a liberal voter. One of the only things that would make me change my vote is if little Johnny Howard starts trying to ruin my fun.
Nick
smile.gif

Well cold economics and no sense of civil liberties or real social policy which is the hallmark of liberal politics aside...
This is a state issue and not one for the Federal Government.
smile.gif

Well, thanks for your views. It just seems that there are more around doing mor echecking and shit like that. l mean, they were with sniffer dogs down OXFORD ST the nite before Mardi-Gras and a mate of mine was just about to get some coke and he got done. Luckly he didn't have any on him...but he said that the cop shop was over-flowing with people that nite....big time.
Anyways, nuf said...thanks for your comments - Spizz
One more Q - Easter Long Weekend, thinking of going to Homebush for that big ass rave........anyone else got any better ideas...ment to have best laser show...when your peaking, they go off