Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sleeping aids? (Valium??)

Evilduck

Bluelighter
Hey guys,
Apologies first up - this topicf has probably been done to death before - but without the ol' search button I can't find it.
Does anyone have some sure-fire ways with regards to getting to sleep - eg certain medication, that kinda thing? I have a friend who swears by valium - is there a way to get this in Aus without a prescription? I'm just sick of getting home, staring at the roof for about 3 hours (and this is after a decent bong session, mind...) and deciding that now, cos the sun's up, I may as well stay awake (and feel shit in 5 hours). Any ideas?
Thanks

I find GHB works well. You dont want to take some crazy dose though that makes you pass out I suppose thats a little dangerous. But on Erowids it is regarded as a sleep aid and for some people its probably a lot easier to get a hold of than Valium. I find that it certainly helps me sleep easier, makes your whole body, muscles and all relax and combined with a smoke you sleep like a baby
smile.gif
[This message has been edited by Nickstar (edited 18 March 2001).]

crap nickstar beat me to it
smile.gif
one letter, g. hehe. you dont wanna have a massive dose like nick said, that kinda dose would be for large animals only, like horses
wink.gif
also there are dodgy pharmacies online that you can get stuff like valium through, however they have 'consultation fees' which is basically you saying 'i want valium i cant sleep' and they add another $50US to the total cost.

ghb works great, but i tend only to get a short to medium sleep on it (4-6hrs)
for a really deep long sleep (8-14 hrs) i find 6mg of melatonin and 100mg of 5-htp works great, even after a big night out on the whiz. if you find the dreams a bit vivid on this combination, give the 5-htp a miss.
------------------
G is good, but it makes you do BAD things.

I know that they are fuckin hard to get and possesion of them (without prescription) is illegal, but Rohypnol is one sure fire way to knock yourself out.
They're nice and small so, if you're a sicko, you can snort them quite easily.
------------------
Is Don, Is Good

I find that Temazepam works fairly well..
Although you need a prescription from it I find that most doctors will prescribe it fairly easily...

I don't know how everyone here finds G so easily... I've been around and I've never seen it, let alone been offered it!
Prescription stuff is REALLY hard to get... I find that if I smoke myself stupid I will sleep extremely well!;-)
------------------
-----
Go hard or go home

To obtain prescribed sleeping aids is quite easy if you know what to say!
You tell the doctor you've had trouble sleeping for months, you've tried herbal stuff like Kava Kava and Valerian tried meditation, yoga etc. Found it hasn't helped. This is pretty guarenteed to get you a script for temazepam. If you want Valium say that you also find yourself quite anxious and nervous, your stressed about things and you can even say you have muscle twitching problems (eyes, legs etc) are you should be able to get a script. Just don't make it too obvious what you are really looking for. If they prescribe Xanax for you, your an even luckier bastard! but it's rare.
------------------
You live life once - so, go crazy, don't stop - make the most of it!

Valium(and other benzodiazepines) is shown itself to have the possibility of addiction, as well as challenging withdrawal symptoms.
A tea made from Valerian ,Bergamot,St Johns Wort(hypericaum), Vetiver,Passionflower, Chamomile, Hops,Lavender;is very relaxing also . You can use the herbs or the essential oils for this.
There are homeopathic treatments from chemist that help sleep.eg from www.vitaminsaustralia.com.au
Brauer: Sleeplessness & Insomnia Relief 80 tablets
Relief of sleeplessness and insomnia. Helps you to fall asleep and stay asleep.
DOSAGE: Adults: 2 tablets, ½ an hour and immediately before going to bed. A further 1 to 2 doses may be taken if required.
Children 2 to 12 years:1 tablet ½ an hour and immediately before going to bed. A further 1 to 2 doses may be taken if required.
Helpful hints:
Learn new relaxation techniques that work for you.
Try and work out why you aren't sleeping - which sounds obvious enough but isn't always easy. If you can remove the cause or find new ways to deal with the cause, you'll be well on the way to sleeping better.
Create a bed time routine that gently prepares you for bed each night. Spend the last half to one hour of your evening winding down your body and mind. Listen to soothing music, read something light, have a warm milk drink and a light snack (like a piece of toast).
Cut down on stimulants like tea, coffee, alcohol and certain medicines after about 4 PM. Avoid large, rich or salty meals late at night.
Getting some regular physical activity is one of the keys to managing stress and sleeping better. Mid afternoon or early evening is the best time to exercise when you have sleep problems.
Brauer: Sleeplessness & Insomnia Relief 100ml
Relief of sleeplessness and insomnia. Helps you to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Benefits: - Will not leave you with a "hung-over" feeling - Will not cause dependence - Convenient and easy to use.
Dosage: Adults - 4ml, 1/2 hour and immediately before going to bed. A further 1 to 2 doses may be taken if required. Children 2 to 12 years - 2ml, 1/2 an hour and immediately before going to bed. A further 1 to 2 doses may be taken if required.
This homoeopathic medicine is gentle and effective. If symptoms persist, please consult your health care professional.
And here we go : a legal sleeping pill, they are called Unisom Sleeping Gels and they definitely help you to sleep and they are legal, straight from the chemist.
also as dear Pink says;melatonin
this should get you sleeping very soundly..
aaaah
Sweet Dreams
[This message has been edited by Oceanboy (edited 19 March 2001).]

Last edited: