Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug bust bites Tigers

Bootlegger

Bluelighter
http://i7sport.com.au/
WESTS TIGERS have suffered a major early-season blow with two key players voluntarily standing down after allegedly testing positive for the banned substances ecstasy and cocaine. Tigers' staff held a press conference early this afternoon, where halfback Craig Field and centre Kevin McGuinness were identified as the players in question.
The backline duo were part of a group of five Tigers players tested by the Australian Sports Drug Agency (ASDA) during routine testing on February 12, prior to the first round of National Rugby League (NRL) matches.
Until all testing is completed and the results of the B sample are available later this week, the incident is being treated as a confidential matter between the players and ASDA. Today's press conference comes after media reports this morning suggesting two Tigers players were involved with banned substances.
Looking clearly shaken and upset, the pair sat though the press conference alongside coach Terry Lamb without speaking, their statements tendered through a club press release.
"This is an incredibly difficult moment for me", Field's statement read. "I will be defending my position to the best of my ability but it is not fair that I run the risk of disrupting my team in the process."
Although the B samples will be returned later this week, it's likely to be several weeks before all tests are finalised. Hearings and appeals may well follow if the findings are substantiated.
More to follow
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

yeh i saw this on the news tonight. Was funny cause recreational drug use gets them a 12 week ban. Tell me who else has a job that recreational drug use will only get them a 12 week ban. All the footballers seem to love gambling so no wonder they got money to spend on the coke. i kn0ow i would if i had the money.

after seeing this, dj kitty and i thought of the question - how long after popping is a pill still detectable in your system?
I was once told 2 weeks but I believe this figure could be far from the truth.
Does anyone have any idea?
------------------
'just wait until this song is finished then i'll go :)'

for the regular tests that you have to take before getting a job, or the random tests they do for some jobs; MDMA is in you system for 1-3days, and there are excuses you can use to come up with reasons why they found amphetamine traces in your system.
In hardcore tests
smile.gif
there will be trace amounts in your body for while longer, but these are expensive and not used by employers without a very good reason.
check out: http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing.shtml

i think alot of people would be very surprised at the amount of footballers take mdma after a game...if you see a team out and about after a game and they look pissed, check out their pupils...
wink.gif

MDMA is also great for pain relief. I know of people that have bad knees, joint problems, and when they take a pill, no sore knees...how beneficial would that be after a game o' footy?
------------------
brisvegas gotta love it
Do you believe it when you see it, or do you see it when you believe it?
[This message has been edited by samadhi (edited 12 March 2001).]

From a duplicate thread I'm about to lock:
POSTED BY ADZ-O-RAMA:
i was just reading how 2 rugby players tested positive to having recretaional drugs drugs in their system....ecstacy and cocaine. It just got me to thinking..should they even be testing for recretional drugs?..the AFL dosent,i thort the whole reason behind drug testing was for performace inhanching drugs..to stop people getting an unfair advantage, to put them in the same bracket as cheats is wrong. sure they are professional athletes, but they also have a life outside of sport and it seems a bit tuff to me, to call them cheats and ban them for 2 years just because they had a nite out a few weeks before the season started. the leagues argument is that they are setting an example for younger people..well if they wernt tested for..it wouldnt be splashed all over the news would it. imagine they banned the other recreational drug, alcohol.. there wouldnt be too many players left out there
wink.gif
I see your point, Adz, but I also think it's in the club's interest to test the players for recreational drugs as well, because whilst they're not performance enhancing, they will affect the general health of the player. Recreational drugs such as the amphetamines have a profoundly different effect on the body than alcohol (in fact, one might say opposite effect), and so after having no sleep for 2 nights in a row it's quite possible for a player to front up for training/game (where it would be impossible for them to continue after binge drinking for a comparable time) and put their body systems under huge stress of physical exercise in that condition.
It's less fun that way - but I can see the reasons why the club would issue random tests.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Today they were claiming someone spiked their drinks... damn I pay good money for the stuff and these lucky guys get their drinks spiked. You could have guessed that was a line they were going to use.....