Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Which music goes best with that drug?

Raider

Bluelighter
I've often had the conversation with BigTrancer that certain sorts of music lend themselves better to the effects of certain sorts of drugs (ie. Acid Techno/Psytrance = Acid, Commercial/Deep House = Coke). Many of these often lead to stereotyping of the people who listen that particular type of music. While the categories themselves may also lead to stereotyping, my question is . . . .
What music goes best with which drugs?
- This is to reflect each persons OPINION and not stereotype anyone or any drug.
My Ideas:
Eurotrance: Ecstacy
Happy Hardcore: Crystal Meth
Acid Techno: Nitrous Oxide
Hard House: Speed/Coke
House: Coke
Tek-house: Speed + Marijuana
Warehouse Trance: 2CT7
Minimal: Marijuana + Morpheine (recently discovered)
Anyone agree or have other excellent combinations/experiences?
Food for Thought
Raider
smile.gif

I think you can't say that "this genre of music goes with this kind of drug," because i think that this is entirely dependent on the person. Personally, I believe drugs and music go hand in hand, for me, one feeds off the other, drugs increases my appreciation of music, while music increases my appreciation of drugs.
For laid back, chillout music/trip hop, ambient, chilled drum and bass, and softer, deep house, i reccomend a fat spliff. Anything complex that can be intently listened to on many levels is perfect for weed, so please check out Kruder and Dorfmeister, LTJ Bukem, Metalheadz albums and many others when you next savour a spliff
smile.gif

For the whip, or an energetic pill, I love to hear tekno, rapid drum n bass, or decent progressive house. I usually hate hardcore, but if I am speeding off my dial, i actually love the stuff, its pure adrenaline. Acid goes with any kind of music that is either strange, complex or experimental.
For a "smacky" pill, where all im in the mood for is talking, hugging and massaging, the music doesn't matter to me so much, because im to busy enjoying people and the mdma feeling.
biggrin.gif

But these are only my personal tastes, as you can see, very different to yours. I'd like to see what other peoples personal tastes are along these lines though.

Warehouse trance is just a made up name for certain european club trance tracks that have an awesomely large sound. The kind of music that really only sounds just right coming from a stack of huge speakers in an enormous room filled with dancing sickos... if played in a smaller club it just doesn't sound quite right
smile.gif

Best drug, Marijuana
Best music for said best drug,
PINK FLOYD.
smile.gif
smile.gif

PS- sydney folk, just in case you'd misssed it, 2001:A space oddyssey is back on for a limited time! Stock up the acid
biggrin.gif

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

*siiiiiigh*
I've had some of my best booty shakin' times with the lurvely combo of tekhouse+speed+mj
smile.gif

Gimme mOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRREEEEEEE! more i say!
wink.gif
whoops.

for me, d'nb/ jungle (and hardcore when i feel like it) is good with or without anything!
wink.gif

gawd i feel like a d'nb fascist..

Shrooms/2ct7/LSD: IMMERSIVE SOUNDSCAPES!
- Goa, Ambient, Warehouse Trance, Electronica, New Age
I think slow zero-beat ambient is best to REALLY enjoy the visuals in FULL DETAIL as sounds often manifest themselves as colours and shapes and fast beats tend to speed up your trip, maybe beyond control.... Normally I don't listen to zero beat ambient, I need some beat to kick my ass, but in this case the shrooms kick mayor ass for me...
Robo/Nitro/Ketamine/speed :
DARK EVIL MUSIC, acid-trance (Spider Willem, John The Dentist), Minimal House, but nothing beats raw oldskool Acid-house on
this shit. I like to use Ephedrine as well for this music it gives me an annoying unclear buzz,
that mimics the HOLDING BACK of all the ANGER and the CREEPY mood of this music.
Tecno: I don't know , cause I don't get any dopamine/serotonine/norephedrine flow from
it but i hear people like to use XTC AND
WEED to get off on tecno.... By the way all the wimen I know that actually like tecno are bigtime sex-addicts, maybe I SHOULD listen MORE to tecno ;-).
XTC: All kinds of music, even music you wouldnt listen to when sober.
But especially:
- Euro trance
- Dutch Trance
(TIESTO, PAUL VAN DIJK, ARMIN VAN BUUREN,
FERRY CORSTEN)
- Classical piano/strings music (Chopin)
- The STAR WARS soundtrack hehe
Generally uplifting good spirit music that contains sweeping synths and little high sounds, like High piano tones, pizzicato strings etc, tingling little bells, i would say: tickling music that mimics the things happing in your synapses ;-)
GHB / 5-MeO-DiPT / 2CB : Definately SEXy Wet Music which contains some moaning
women's voice in it.
- Progressive Trance, Latin House, R&B
- Party Funk will also do
O YES! WE LIKE G-H-B MMYUMM ! Especially
the GHB-2ct7 COmbo ooaaahahhhh I get a nice flashback when I even write about it hehehe... Listen to John Digweeds
- Nortern Expose 2; Eastcoast when on this combo, Fanfuckingtastic journey guaranteed.
HAPPY HARDCORE / TERROR / JUNGLE: SPEEEEEEED!
CLUB-TRANCE HARD-HOUSE : Coke, Ketamine
80's (Billy Idol, Roxy Music, INXS,
Duran Duran) & Gothic : COKE
or HEROIN , speedballs ;-), Weed, benzo's,
alcohol.
JAZZ: HEROIN, RITALLIN, WELLBUTRIN, ALCOHOL, WEED, Opiates, Benzo's,
Generally any DOWNER that allows these
naturally hyped musicians to blow the horn just within the speed limits...
Acoustic Guitar music, Symphonic Rock and
as we all know Reggae:
WEED
Country Music & Meth = what keeps them truckers on the road moving....
Meth to keep you awake, Country to
prevent you from getting too hyper....

Damn thats funny shit, meth and country, I gotta try that some time, big line of crystal and stick on Kenny Rogers and attempt to stay seated hehehehe.
For me, not sure, generally pills and wizz with and anything hard and fast, from jungle to tekno and anything in between.
and pot with downbeat stuff and especially good hip-hop, made for it
smile.gif

The penultimate drug/music relationship:
Marijuana and Radiohead's OK COMPUTER

Thats the second last Drug/Music relationship? Hehe
Ultimate maybe. (And yeah, OK Computer is niiiice with the choof)
Anyway, semantics aside, I agree with many of the other combinations suggested.
Goa: Keep doing that research dude, its neuronauts like yourself that are the pioneers of modern times. One day you'll find the ultimate combo! I know you can!
Once again: Raider posts after too much "Marijuana + Listening to home made music"
Which can be a very disturbing combination.
Phhh, anyway - Sorry you all had to sit through that.
Raider
smile.gif

a little OT, but where can I listen to warehouse trance?
I heard the BEST music of my life in Brixton, London listening to that on NYE, and I cant find it anywhere really. I'm getting just a TAD over NRG/Hardhouse and Techno.
Where where where where???
And as for drugs, i'm still coming down, so none
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

The first time I heard OK Computer in its entirity, was at the first ever official Camp Bluelight. A weekend in the mountains speckled with (did i say speckled, I mean flooded) with poly drug use.
My first time on Acid, blue and gold cK's, wizz wizz wizz, weed weed weed.. and more weed lol.. I think apples and I went and smoked about 17 of Pinger's pre rolled joints, then G.. then more G and oh the nitrous! Empty cartridges were strewn about the cabin with reckless abandon (i wonder if Pillcat's mum ever did find any strays.. although probably not seeing as though when they ran out we scoured the floor incessantly looking for the "forgotten bulb" - come on.. you KNOW you've all done it before) .. what was this thread about again? oh.. music!
Anyway, ploy drug use and Radiohead... *siiigh* that album took me on an emotional journey unlike I had ever felt before.. I had tummy flips and heart plapitations (hehehe NO! it wasn't just the drugs ok!)and i felt the music penetrate my soul (ok maybe that's a bit melodramatic, but honestly it felt like that!) ..
oh and that same day, Bjork - Hypogenic and Pink Floyd, I can't remember the name of the album, but it was some weirdass fucked up jungle noises stuff. Hehehe.. good enough explanation?
Good polydrug use muzak. Then again.. any music is bound to sound fantastic when you're THAT outta your tree
wink.gif

Oh yeah.. and does anyone know that track from Northern Exposure, Deep Space Commander or something? The voacls go "is any body there" and "no crew" or something? Hehehe well that same weekend, Pillcat made us have a minutes silence for any other people who may have been lost in space, we decided that it'd be the most horrible way to go..
smile.gif
lol, yeah that musta been the acid.

thanks raider,
I used 'penultimate' so as to refer to upcoming release of Amnesiac in June and the belief that Radiohead have another OK Computer (...even another Bends) up their sleeves. By penultimate - I meant the best bar one - but I agree poor usage. Mind you some of the new tracks on Amnesiac are absolutley superfluous (he he)
Kid A

OK Computer is made too "spin out" to,
and I like to listen to Kid A as well... anything like that
on a singles note listen to "Handsome Boy Modelling School featuring Del the funky Homosapien - Magnetizing" that song is real intense as well

here is mine
weed - hip hop (not rap), kruder and dorfmeister or the more intelligent drum and bass sounds
speed - hard drum and and bass and hard techno... anything with complex multiple beats to move to so you can tempo your own steps...
eccey - altho i love drum and bass, i do find it can be a bit grating if on a smacky pill... i hate to admit it but the building up cycle of progressive house juts gets me higher and higher on pills
Alcohol - any music that reminds me of my past and which i've heard so much i couldnt possible forget the lyrics..

after a big night, i find there is nothing better for coming down than some really good classical music. i'm talking some bach, or some beethoven piano sonatas or the like. i just get so over electronic music by the time i'm home, and i just wanna curl up with a musical genius and relax. could be just me.
anyone ever had a cap, then listened to classical music? i think i'll have to pencil in a night and see what happens
smile.gif

and please god no country OR western...