Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

quick washing meth Q

DeSpise

Bluelighter
ok so i know all about washing meth to remove the crap... however i have a question in regard to the filtration/recrystalisation....

would the dry acetone/alcohol/freezer/filter/repeat method work on the meth that is like a slightly moist white powder?
specifically, since this is a fine powder not big rocks, will a coffee filter be fine enough to filter the product properly? or should i try and track down some lab filters for this type of meth?

i am assuming here that the meth wont recrystalise properly, and i will be filtering a fine powder out of the solvent solution.

i would imagine that getting a fine meth powder off a white coffee filter would be a pain in the ass... any tips on how to limit the mechanical losses at this point?

also when you add the meth to the acetone, then add alcohol and freeze it, does the acetone need to be cold to start off with??? i would imagine not since you are cooling it later on in the proccess

i think smoking one noxious chemical is bad enough, would like to reduce the amount of damage to my health!

thanks in advance.

would the dry acetone/alcohol/freezer/filter/repeat method work on the meth that is like a slightly moist white powder?

^^ what is this? more details please. but meth is meth.

im abit confused.. sounds like u add the acetone then alcohol to meth, freeze it then try filter? but the meth will disolve into the alcohol?

do u mean..
* acetone wash (put meth in acetone, then filter)
* then a recrystalisation using alcohol? (meth into alcohol -> freezer)

(ill presume ur doing this?)
instead of scraping the filters out, just run some alcohol through them to get last of meth off them?

dunno if im making much sense. only chemistry i know is self taught reading at another well known forum.

from what ive read here, you put the meth in some acetone, and add 95% alcohol dropwise while stirring just until the meth dissolves

then put it in the freezer and it will recrystallise, so you filter and repeat to get as much meth as possible...

my only concern is that this meth is a fine powder not rocks and it might get stuck in the filter paper!

coffee filters seem a bit coarse but i might just be paranoid!

when you say to run some alcohol through the paper to get it off.... the meth will dissolve into the alcohol and you evaporate it to get the goods out?

ah i see..

i forget off the top of my heat. but can some chem guru set me straight, but the slower u cool the alcohol, the bigger the crystals?

i always thought u separated the acetone from the alcohol? as it contains the shit u dont want. so by putting the two in the freezer together, dont u run the risk of some of the crap falling back out the acetone as it gets colder?

You might try just an acetone wash first and see how that cleans up the product. Try drying using the silica gel method with warm-hot jars. (find using search engine)

You shouldn't lose any product through the filter. If you are worried about it sticking to the paper. Rinse with a little distilled water then evaporate off the water and dry gently. Use the silica method to finish. This should give you a dry powder. It may not be of an even consistency, but it should dry out.

If not, then you may have to use additional solvents (alcohol-acetone etc) but bear in mind that mixed solvents, while eliminating more of the impurities, also loses more product.

What I've always wanted to know is can you dissolve dirty meth in some kind of liquid and then recrystalize it using somekind of electrochemical cell? Kinda like doing an electroplating but your plating the anode with meth.

Not really. You may be thinking of pseudo reduction via an electrochemical cell. This has been used in the manufacturing of meth, although it's certainly not a common method. Reported yields are low and conditions/setup required would make the procedure difficult at best. There is also a procedure for reducing phenylalanine to amphetamine using an electrochemical cell, but from memory yields were reported as being pitiful.

It would be nice to think you could use a battery with a couple of electrodes to clean. Even better would be to use sonication with mixed solvent mediums. But in reality there are likely to be impurities present which have very close physical properties to that of meth.

The only realistic option available to most users involves careful choice of solvents used with temperature variations. Anything else gets complicated and to the trained eye starts to look more like a cooking exercise than a cleaning one 8(

Even if the yields are pitiful for phenylalanine --> amphetamine, who cares? phenylalanine is available readily in rediculously large quantities, as compared to psuedoephedrine, which isn't (at least, not legally).

Even if your yield is only 1%, a kilo of phenylalanine will produce 10g of amphetamine. Surely the yield is higher than that.

The once much talked about approach used thionyl chloride, a watched chem; CAT 2 on the Aus Chemical Diversion code of practice. Final yields were reported as being low and the procedure has several steps.

Other approaches such as H2 reduction (catalytic) are reported as pitiful- typically yielding less than 1% - and involve pressurized H2 gas with a platinum or palladium catalyst. Many have tried this. I even saw some spectra of someones results posted on the unmentionable site.

Here is the electrolytic process as hosted on Rhodium. If this process had been confirmed or verified, it would have been rewritten in HTML form.

Rhodium lists an interesting synth, but among other things it uses LiBH4 which is dangerous to make and handle. Some of the other chems would be expensive and possibly difficult to obtain outside an organic synth lab.

Reduction of Phenylalanine to Amphetamine

It does have high yields, but it's far from a replacement for HI or Birch reduction of ephedrine as it's so complex.

There have been many people eager to exploit this process. If it was simple it would be done often. Authorities recognise this and have scheduled phenylalanine also as a Diversion CAT 2 substance.

Although d-phenylalanine is available from health shops (or at least used to be) dl- is more commonly seen. As going through a planar precursor (>C=O ) will produce a racemic product, this will mean the reduction product of dl-Ph will contain 50% l-amphetamine.

2004 version of the Code of Practice for Supply into Illicit Drug Manufacture