Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gary Ablett Fan Death

Pillgrim

Bluelighter
Former AFL star Gary Ablett knew his companion Alisha Horan had taken ecstasy tablets on the night she collapsed and later died from a drug overdose, an inquest was told today.
If you havent heard Gary Ablett was in the presence of a girl who died of a 'drug overdose'
I just saw on the news that he gave a statement that she took a 'green tablet' known as 'Green Mitsubishi' also known as 'Esctacy'... That she washed down with beer (I am just quoting the news... not trying to sound like a wanker)
I don't know exactly what she called them but it may have been green Mitsubishis.
Anyway, she had herion in her system aswell as a pill. She had also been drinking so hey... play with fire... you get burnt. Its very sad to see, and I guess it all comes down to education.
Anyway here is a link about some misc info...
From Herald Sun Tabloid Shit
Less Tabloid but Tabloid like 'The Age'
I think this attention will bring alot of tension to Melbourne...
Just started this link so if anyone gets more info they could post it here.
I think this will be interesting to see what happens, this could possibly happen to someone you know...
P
[This message has been edited by Pillgrim (edited 06 March 2001).]

yer i was readin bout that...its pretty hard to escape i spose..with 6 pages dediacted to it...apparently she had 3 green mitsis...and they found chicago bulls in his the room as well...but ablett did take anything he says..although in the morning when they found him the paramedic said "Ablett was sitting on the edge of the bed, he was in and out of consciousness,i was watching him and he was openeing and closing his eyes. His head would drop when he did this and as it dropped he would wake up again then the process would start again. He was coherent, just very slow in his movment and speech, understandable but slow. sounds like mid 'smackky' pill to me
wink.gif

------------------
StOp ThE WorlD...i WaNNa gEt oFF

er sounds like smack to me. as it said, there was heroin in her blood. bet you gary helped her chase the dragon as well...
lots of rich and professional people do heroin...
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 07 March 2001).]

I kinda feel sorry for Gary Ablett, I mean, he just enjoys a party like *ALL* of us here on Bluelight, it's just that he had a girl die in his presence and now the media is blowing him up to be the scummiest, most rotten man on the face of the earth, simply coz some girl didn't know how to control her consumption of potentially deadly drugs.
This is what the media does - they hype up the public and "bend" the actual facts to make the blame fall entirely on Ablett. We do not know the EXACT events that night, and I guarantee the media don't either.
Put it this way, if we had a BL party and something happens to one of us that's drug related, imagine what would happen if the media got hold of it - some pretty nasty headlines pop into mind fairly quickly.
This has come as an educational tradgedy though - this is what happens after so much drug abuse is a short amount of time, although, I'm sure everyone here knows better than to mix it up like that chick...
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Well this is nice...
I guess I should feel for the girl, and maybe I should feel sorry for Ablett, but I don't, not for either of them...
The girl was stupid for taking that many drugs, and over a few days apparently, and Ablett is a famous person, he's not one of us, no-one in the public eye is... They can have a private life, but they have to keep in mind that there is always the possibility of that life being exposed to the public... It shouldn't be that way, but it is...
I do feel sorry for anyone close to these people who were uninvolved but were still hurt by her death.
So what pill did she take? They think it was a Green Mitsubushi, but no-one is sure it seems...
And its not a herion/speed/alcohol related death... NO! It's an ecstasy related death! ... *sigh*
At least some parts of the media seem to be getting it right tho, but I first heard about it last night on a news update, and all they said was ecstasy...
Tension Pilly? ...damn right... I was ready to put a fist through the wall after I saw that news snipet, only 'cos I know what it'll lead too...

To me this speaks of another tragic incident brought about by lack of education and information and care. If only more people actually cared enough to attempt to know more about what they intend to put into their bodies, chances are the toll on themselves and their close loved ones would be less.
I feel so sorry for the family of the deceased girl, and for all the people who held the footballer up as an idol and a role-model. All these people have been needlessly hurt by this avoidable incident.
BigTrancer
frown.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Has anyone read the article from the Herald-Shit?
I can't believe that they actually get away with publishing crap like that. Sensationalised??? I think they need to invent a new word to describe that article!!!
Anyone who says the media only report the facts has their head stuck fair square up their arse.
Have a read of that article and tell me how biased it is and how much prejudice it contains.
*grumbles angrily*

There is alot of stuff posted about the place the way 'drugs' are represented and 'misused' by people. And that is all fair and good, I think we all feel the same way.
What I am really interested in, is not the portrail of the story, but rather the outcome of Gary, since he was the last one with her.
I think that many of us could think of a time when we have ended up in a room or bed with one other person completely spastic.
Imagine if you woke up in that situation. And what could the out come be if your the one still alive.
Ofcourse as BT and myself say... its avoidable, but, sometimes its too easy to be lazy, especially when you have been out for along time. (Especially 5 days)
I am really curious to know of the outcome, charges and how the legalities of this all pan out.
Sorry for the rant, but the law scares me. I dont know enough about it.
P
[This message has been edited by Pillgrim (edited 08 March 2001).]

It really annoys me that on the news they said she took a pill that he knew to be 'ecstacy'. Well unless he had been using his gas-liquid chromatograph earlier in the week I dont think they should say that.
I hate stupid ignorant people and this grumble has been brought to you by MacDonalds.

Way I saw it was that she was a bit of a 'junky' and he's just your regular footy bloke; likes his beers and occaisionally one some of that weed stuff, and very rarely one those 'eccy thingos'.
She was infatuated with his manliness... and she wasn't much like him. They'd only known each other 3 weeks.
The statement about what he was like in the morning sounds to me like he had plenty of beer the night before and been to stressed to sleep.
That's the way i saw it
smile.gif

funny how how gary ablett knew it was ecstacy, yet after the ad break the same program wouldnt hestitate running a story on pill testers and how we can never be sure what we are taking..
would be interesting to know the levels of alcohol that she drunk.. since the emphasis seems to be on the pill(s) that she took, when its most likely everything else that killed her..

I think Gary rather gets the blame for taking mitsus than taking heroin, a decoy so to speak....
I am from Europe and do not know this famous person, all I know is people make the same misstakes everywhere. And yeah, the press also sucks here in the netherlands.
I dont want to blame this Gary person for taking drugs. What is important:
Did she fuck-up by herself, or was this a relatively inexperienced girl, given large amounts of drugs for pussie, without the proper information/usage directions?
If the lather is the case, I think Gary carries moral reponsabillity for her death.
If not, I think the press should get off his back so that he can continue speedballing / candiflipping his brains out like the rest of us :)

it's crazy the amount of white collar professionals, ie...lawyers, etc that are addicted to heroin. With the amount of pressure they face at work every day, the disassociative qualities heroin is said to have would be quite appealing to some, i suppose.
**NB this is merely an observational post, and by no means a condonation of the use of heroin, in any way.
k of sam

It is a load of shit that Ablett can just boldly lie in front of a coroners inquest.
Slept for about 5 hours in 5 days, but was only drinking lots of alcohol. yeah right.
According to his version of events they met at a bar a few days before her death, drank all night, went back to a friends house in the morning, listened to music, drank and talked, then slept for a couple of hours, got up and started drinking again. Sounds like what my friends do on the weekend, except there are drugs involved.
I've seen him out at Hard Kandy rocking to all hours, and used to see him quite often at Saratoga constantly going in and out of toilet cubicles with 1 or 2 other people.
Im not blaming him for her death, but hes an absolute prick for denying that he took drugs