Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Returning back home - Advice Needed

deeph

Bluelighter
Hi, I’ve recently finished my Degree, and will be working overseas starting shortly. Prior to that, I will be returning home for a holiday. I’m looking forward to all of this and quite excited.

However, I have recently found out my cousin who has also returned home, with 90% confidence, that he has done so in order to withdrawal from H. He has deferred Uni for this. Now I have also been under various drug usage over the past few years, but have recently been clean for a few months.

My entire family back home just know that I have completed this Degree, and I will be working soon, but nothing about drugs. Now when I go home, what should I say/do if he approaches me or the topic comes up? Should I just tell him that I have no clue about drugs, and let him deal with it all which I know will be hard, and I know he has a high chance of relapse OR
I tell him everything and try help his recovery, as I have been through it. But if I do this, then I risk the fact that ALL my family will know about the other side of me, which I don’t want them to know. It’s a double edge sword!!!

Thanks for any advice, this has been doing my head in.

:)

Help his out but dont tell your family help him out mantally and physically be there for him

Your family doesnt necessary have to know about your other side

Why do you have to tell everyone about your drug usage to help your cousin through withdrawl? You can help him through recovery by doing the same things that you did during your recovery, but you don't have to tell him that you have been through it as well.. Just help him like any other friend or family member would.

Help out your cousin the rest of the family need not know. Even if for some reason they do find out I think the fact that you helped a family member in need will outway any snide comments your family can make

if u have to tell him anything, or he wants to know how u know about something, just say a very close friend of urs has been the same place he has.. and that u helped him through his withdrawals.

If you do decide to tell your cousin, I'm sure they would appreciate hearing that someone close to them has gone through the same thing, and that they're not alone in this.

Yah, he doesnt need to know that your knowledge is through personal experience.

You can read, and you have friends.... so he wouldnt know any different.

You can be an educated person!!!!!!! :)

Good Luck! and I really believe you should help him!!!!!

You dont have to tell him about your experiances but i think that he would greatly apreciate someone to talk to that understands.

Just be careful it doesnt trigger things off in you though.