Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports.com Redevelopment - 2005

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
hi guys,

Some of you may have read this thread that states pillreports.com has been released from Bluelight and is now operated by myself, johnboy and ruski. We plan to begin a complete site redevelopment starting now, and although I have an excellent idea of what features need to exist on the new system, I am open to good suggestions that may end up being incorporated in some way. There are many past threads with ideas in them, however I feel a thread to reopen the issue and collect responses now we have control over it's future is worthwhile. Please clearly detail what you would like in the system, keeping in mind the scope of the system, and that drug information is discussed (which means no user to user messaging for example).

Mac and the others: thanks for Pill Reports - its a great resource.

One suggestion I would make is that the reports be kept available for a little longer than the current practice. For example one pill I had in December had a report in October, however, that report had been achived and the details were no longer available. I'm from regional NSW and it may take a few months for pills to reach here. If you can keep the reports open for say 6 mths, that would be good.

Bravo! Well done team.

I've wondered how this might positively affect future discussions on event testing and information sharing....mmm.... you'd better get that second suit JB ;)

Great resource guys, looking forward to the redevelopment
14.gif
I think one vital improvement is stricter moderation of the reports that go up. So many of the reports that go up are very light on details. I realise there is difficulty associated with this, as rejecting a report because it is skint on detail may lead to someone taking a poor quality pill that they may not have otherwise taken if the had read the brief report.

Maybe there should be a section for quick reports, where users can put in a few details and a separate section for dedicated reports. Writing a dedicated report would be encouraged and would be the focus of the site, but quick reports could be just another resource for people to scan through in addition to the dedicated reports... I don't know, there is probably a better way to do this but I think it is something that needs to be addressed.

Have a 'bump' set-up where replies cause the report to be bumped (like here on BL). However, I guess it could be possible to stop the bumping of a report after a certain amount of time.

A system of linking reports of pills of the same colour and logo posted within say 28 days of eachother would be great.

And I'm sure many people would love an LSD blotter reports section.

I dunno how you'd go about doing it, but if you can, somehow, stop the speculation of whats in said pill!

It's fucking annoying sifting through all the wannabe ravers comments on what a pill contains ie: "It was smacky as man, my bro told me these are heroin based!" and "man, these biks were so tripped out, my cousin who has been doing pills for 56 years said they are acid!!!"

I dunno, more mods maybe? However you go about doing it just try and get this crap of the site as quickly as it goes on there, it's seriously PillReports biggest downfall :(

well.. here's one or two suggestions..

have two rating numbers for each entry... the original posters score rating... and an average rating from all those who reply with a complete comment... Absolute no comments or feedback from anyone who hasn't tried the specific pill.. So no bs reply's allowed..

Have a calculated rating system.. from onset time and duration.. Infact.. have a split rating system.. Duration and Cleanlyness...

also have added pills keep on top like a forum, only if additional picture AND ez-test results are submitted.. which match ofcourse... no point in multiple entry's of the exact same pill? comments/feedback come from people who eat them,... doesn't keep them on top.. posting of a picture/test should indicate they are still around or are new.. also must be from the same state/area atleast..

Have more entry feilds to conform to the posting guildlines.. infact, so you have to conform to them or you cannot post..

seriously not a difficult system to implement or code... few search functions and admin functions and you're done :)

Oh ye.. also have at the top of each area/country.. a list of suspected/tested dodgy PMA containing pills.. like a public notice of dodgy pills.. be it ketamine.. pma.. lsd... etc..

harm reduction and all...

Maybe include input boxes when your posting a report for things such as dimensions, score, bevel, texture etc. These things seem to be essential in a good report but many posters seem to forget to include it, imo its possible that this is because they simply dont realise they need to include it in the comments section. Hopefully by doing this it would make it more obvious to those people how to fill out a proper report. Also, a section showing all the adultrated pills would be nice (similar to on the enlighten site). Though you can already sort by mdma, mdxx, speed, dxm or inactive/dangerous, I think it would be more helpful to have a way to view all of the pills that aren't solely mdxx.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming. We have given the rating system some thought and will move away from the /10 rating as it puts more focus on the experience rather than the pill, and experience is subjective and is more dependant on set and setting than anything else. The MDxx rating system will place emphasis on the MDxx content of the pill , with 'High', 'Average', 'Low', and 'Bunk' ratings. The Bunk rating would be for pills testing up as MDxx but giving no effect. For all other pills, ie. non-MDxx they will be referred to as Adulterated. These broader categories are not as specific as /10 rating, and allow for tolerance, and set and setting.

also... For each poster, display how many other original/additional posts they have made in the past.. and also offer a quick search function to their previous posts... like a referance list :)

Hey guys.

I fully support the idea of a ratings system. But not so much on the actual pill. But more so on the reporter's. There are a few guys in pill reports who consistantly post very detailed, very accurate reports and give the pill a true accurate rating. On the other hand there are a few dicks that rate pills a 9/10 consistantly when truely they are not worth a 5. I dont know how you could do it, but wouldnt it be great to reward the guys puting in effort and telling us the truth about the pill's they have used.

Also, I know pill reports is focused on md pills. But is it possible to have a small section rating speed bombs and k bombs. I know it would only be small, but i for one love the occasinal speed bomb.

I also think the "quick report" idea is a fantastic one. It could put in another area, were members are made fully aware the reports are not based on tests. Rather personal experiences

Thanks Guys

Keep up the great work

badbiki said:
also... For each poster, display how many other original/additional posts they have made in the past.. and also offer a quick search function to their previous posts... like a referance list :)

Or at least how long they have been a member.

Also, HOW LONG THE PERSON HAS TAKEN ECSTASY! We all know that new users will always rate a pill highly!

Maybe also a 'feedback from other members rating' on each user. Sort of like e-bay. This may help sort out crappy posts.....

I didn't read any of the replies but the thing that really shits me about PR is the search function. If you search for an "A" for example you get every pill that has an "a" in the name or even the colour.

So searching for pi for example comes up with a heap of pink pills.

sabitor_84 said:
Also, I know pill reports is focused on md pills. But is it possible to have a small section rating speed bombs and k bombs. I know it would only be small, but i for one love the occasinal speed bomb.
The focus is on 'ecstasy' which is MDxx, any other pill is adulterated and will be treated so. Personally if you like speed why not buy powder, at least you know what you are getting.

Aside from all the new features to improve the reliability of posted pill reports, which the posts in this thread have already gone into some detail about, there's something I would like added from a technical viewpoint.

That is the ability to do a search based on pill name and region from the WAP interface.

Dunno about you, but I quite like being able to access PillReports from mobile and being able to do a search would be really handy.

Cheers.