Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

G-ing on Antibiotics

XSI11V

Bluelighter
As far as i know when you're on antibiotics and you drink alcohol (which is a depressant) suddenly you're a Toucan Sam
smile.gif

So i was wondering, seeing as 1,4 Butendiol is also a depressant (i think).... would this alter the effects and.or pose some sort of problem?

well 1-4 is an alcohol too ..... so i certainly wouldn't recomment it

1-4 BD isn't an alcohol
1-4 BD isn't GHB
1-4 BD is 1-4 BD.
Otherwise I still wouldn't recommend it...

(after talking to a chemist about this last night...)
they are all quite similar, in what they are and in what they become. The way G acts is very similar to how alcohol acts. When something says 'do not mix with alcohol' I would not be taking GHB or any other CNS depressant.
the 'real' GHB is NaGHB (sodium form)
1,4 Butendol is GHB-OH (Hydroxy? form)

oooooops sorry, my bad ..... i was quoting from memory from this article ....
http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/1,4-Butanediol_Toxicity.15209.shtml
the 1-4 has a depressant effect very similar to alcohol and its conversion into ghb in the body is by the same enzymes which metabolize alcohol, also 1-4 and ghb can both be physically addictive in similar ways to alcohol
point of ramble - i wouldn't recommend mixing ..... you never know where you might end up with poly-drug use (and remember, those antibotics are drugs too ..... my mind always seems to forget that just coz the name's different!!!!!)
bk

Can anyone elaborate on the effects of G on anti-biotics [or alcohol on anti-biotics for that matter]?
I know you're not supposed to mix the two but I don't ever remember asking why or what would happen if I did.
smile.gif

Don't know. Certainly don't take G when there is that yellow warning sticker on your antibiotics that says "Don't mix with alcohol". That would be the case with anything that you can't mix with alchohol - don't do it with G either, both being a central nervous system (CNS) depressant.
There are other antibiotics out there than it seems you can drink on, I think Augmenten and its equivilants.
If in doubt just don't do it.
smile.gif

Just an update: I asked my doctor what the deal was with alcohol and antibiotics as I told him I wanted to be able to "drink" at Mardi Gras. He told me the only reason you get told not to drink is because the antibiotics can give you a sore stomach which is exacerbated by drinking alcohol.
I specifically asked him if it was anything to do with liver function or the antibiotics not working properly and he said no- just the stomach upset thing. He told me to go out and drink but if I was getting a sore stomach to stop!
So I had pills, G, speed and antibiotics and I felt fine [better than fine, really
smile.gif
] For the record, I *did* have a bit of a sore stomach on Sunday.

Everyone should read this article...it's very interesting...it also states that 1,4b is also known as ghb-alcohol.
------------------
brisvegas gotta love it
Do you believe it when you see it, or do you see it when you believe it?